Shohei Ohtani Scandal

Discussion of Other Blue Hen Sports and Blue Hen Athletics in General
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Athletics to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Shohei Ohtani Scandal

Post by bluehenbillk »

Pete Rose had 4,256 hits, but apparently all he really needed was 1 interpreter and he’d be in the HOF.

This whole gambling controversy certainly doesn’t pass the smell test.
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Re: Shohei Ohtani Scandal

Post by UDFootballFan »

I really believe that Shohei did bet on baseball but used the interpreter to hide it.

$4.5 million gambling debt ....thats a lot of cash [well not for Shohei]
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

bluehenbillk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:27 am Pete Rose had 4,256 hits, but apparently all he really needed was 1 interpreter and he’d be in the HOF.

This whole gambling controversy certainly doesn’t pass the smell test.

Bizarre story. Then again, who thought a pitcher would be such a great hitter? We’ve gone back in time to Babe Ruth, who could pitch, hit and had his own gambling (and drinking) issues.

Twilight Zone episode in real life.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

The only person who has kept Pete Rose out of the the HOF???? Pete Rose.
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail »

Don't worry. He will get into the HOF. After he is dead