CAA TOURNAMENT

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
HENJOHN

CAA TOURNAMENT

Post by HENJOHN »

UDPat

Re: CAA TOURNAMENT

Post by UDPat »

John,

Thanks for posting, wanted to respond yesterday but wanted to see if there was any interest,

24 hours later, it's a shame. No buzz and I get it.

Wish the squad luck this weekend!!!!!! Hoping for a 22 run!!!
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
gonzo
UD Class: 2005

Post by gonzo »

The buzz is gone.

I live about 45 minutes from the arena and I'm not going this year. The poor play and the late start time are to blame.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

They are different weekends but,

CAA Tourny or 1st ever official WSOP Sanctioned Event??

For me, a no brainer
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Wait…we are still playing basketball?
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Cluck U wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:45 pm Wait…we are still playing basketball?
If a UD Basketball falls in the woods an no one is there to hear it, does anyone really care???
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Well…

I can’t wait to be in DC. Will be there Friday as well to watch the first round games and prepare for our winner between Elon and Hampton.

The 10 seed beat the 1 seed and the 6 seed beat the 3 seed in the ASUN, one of the first tournaments to already start. Everyone is 0-0. Let’s go Hens!
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
bluehens2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Another thing that gets my goat is the university is doing nothing to try to grow the fan base for basketball or keep the interest do we have come tournament time?I am on the mailing list for Drexel because I bought tickets from them in the past. For $45 you can get a ticket and a bus to and from the game this weekend in DC sponsored by Drexel. What is the University of Delaware doing for their fans to make it easier to get down there? Traffic and it’s not the best of areas so a bus would be great, Drexel has a chance to go further perhaps, but you just never know …point is the university is not even trying it seems.
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

UDHoops wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:09 pm Well…

I can’t wait to be in DC. Will be there Friday as well to watch the first round games and prepare for our winner between Elon and Hampton.

The 10 seed beat the 1 seed and the 6 seed beat the 3 seed in the ASUN, one of the first tournaments to already start. Everyone is 0-0. Let’s go Hens!
I like UDHoops am excited about the tourney and will be watching but not in person.
Many things to do so I understand when conflicts arise. Perhaps I’m too much of a homer. But I’m on the bandwagon even though that wagon may have lost its team of Clydesdales. The Mules will have to do!
Go Hens!
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

bluehens2005 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:55 pm Another thing that gets my goat is the university is doing nothing to try to grow the fan base for basketball or keep the interest do we have come tournament time?I am on the mailing list for Drexel because I bought tickets from them in the past. For $45 you can get a ticket and a bus to and from the game this weekend in DC sponsored by Drexel. What is the University of Delaware doing for their fans to make it easier to get down there? Traffic and it’s not the best of areas so a bus would be great, Drexel has a chance to go further perhaps, but you just never know …point is the university is not even trying it seems.
There used to be a Blue Hens Basketball Club that would sponsor trips to a few UD Away games and the CAA Tourney every year but it dissolved during covid and has not been revived.
Last edited by BlueHenBill on Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluehens2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

BlueHenBill wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:03 pm
bluehens2005 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:55 pm Another thing that gets my goat is the university is doing nothing to try to grow the fan base for basketball or keep the interest do we have come tournament time?I am on the mailing list for Drexel because I bought tickets from them in the past. For $45 you can get a ticket and a bus to and from the game this weekend in DC sponsored by Drexel. What is the University of Delaware doing for their fans to make it easier to get down there? Traffic and it’s not the best of areas so a bus would be great, Drexel has a chance to go further perhaps, but you just never know …point is the university is not even trying it seems.
There used to be a Blue Hens Basketball Club that would sponsor trips to a few UD Away games and the CAA Tourney every year but it dissolved during covid and has hot been revived.
I seem to remember that I presume they are the ones that sponsored the buses in the past to any of the tournament games. Either way I think Drexel’s actually sponsoring this, so I would think the university could pull something together if they really wanted to but much matter when CUSA comes around we probably won’t have many folks traveling to Alabama for tournament or wherever it is at that time.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

At the half; Hampton 34 Elon 25
Elon scored last 5 of the half.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

yep- just caught the last 2 minutes. Elon better adjust and shoot a whole lot better. I may view the end of the game later on. either way, we should continue on after the next round.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Hampton had guys flying at Elon's 3-point shooters and were crashing the boards the whole game.
I'd expect the gameplan against us will be the same.