Spring Game Info - April 19

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: Spring Game Info - April 19

Post by tenn hen »

Like CH posted, "there is a rumor spring practice has started" :lol: :lol: do we still have a football team? who has gained weight and muscle? how do the qbs look? have the injured recovered 100% since December? yada yada. yada :P :oops: :x

Maybe Tres can even get an interview, though not anywhere near the fields- probably in the parking lot!

Will CR mention that more press might be beneficial in selling tickets for next season or raise interest in our funding campaign?

silence of the lambs- Henjohn, I bet you're really steaming. I don't mean to piss you off, but it must be tough being so close and yet so far away!

just saw you are on line right now
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

I'd love to be going to Practices like I used to Tenn but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Hopefully Kevin T can get some access soon
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

For those of you not on Twitter...here is post from Saturday...the first day of Spring practice.

https://x.com/DanSteenkamer/status/1766 ... 18898?s=20
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:04 am For those of you not on Twitter...here is post from Saturday...the first day of Spring practice.

Thanks for the link, Caldwell Chicken. A practice sighting! Woot!
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:04 am For those of you not on Twitter...here is post from Saturday...the first day of Spring practice.

Media is there…next topic

Did you notice how far away the camera was?
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

bluehenbillk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:13 pm

Some obviously don't care about the limited restricted coverage but some of us do. Speak directly with the reporters and they'll tell you. Kevin Tresolini was just named to the Delaware Sports Hall of Fame but can barely get into a practice. Even when they can, they're often asked to leave. Now, next topic
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

HENJOHN wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:45 pm

Some obviously don't care about the limited restricted coverage but some of us do. Speak directly with the reporters and they'll tell you. Kevin Tresolini was just named to the Delaware Sports Hall of Fame but can barely get into a practice. Even when they can, they're often asked to leave. Now, next topic
Yep HJ.

Maybe some prefer “wake me” topics? :-) If we get another one, maybe we get another opposite and great result!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

HENJOHN wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:45 pm

I find this treatment of KT irritating as _____

Can’t imagine how he feels after covering the Hens for several decades and probably leaned over backwards to be more than fair and nice. Has Carty or whomever makes these decisions considered how KTs typewriter might respond in kind?
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

I was told by Tres that reporters were allowed in to practice for the first 45 minutes and then had to leave. I actually witnessed this at a practice where I was give permission to attend last Spring.

I’m with HenJohn on this one. I don’t care about myself only the media.

We’ll let TennHen give us his evaluations based on the limited social media reports😂
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Another Nice piece by the University posted on social media of mic’d up with Coach Rogers https://x.com/delaware_fb/status/176805 ... i3t-KklPYA
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

I’m showing up at practice today with an ID card that says, “PULL.”

I will let everyone know how that goes.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

mpwerrell wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:28 pm I was told by Tres that reporters were allowed in to practice for the first 45 minutes and then had to leave. I actually witnessed this at a practice where I was give permission to attend last Spring.

We’ll let TennHen give us his evaluations based on the limited social media reports😂
thanks for the compliment pal- you're a :oops: sack :lol: with your trolling :roll:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

tenn hen wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:09 am
mpwerrell wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:28 pm I was told by Tres that reporters were allowed in to practice for the first 45 minutes and then had to leave. I actually witnessed this at a practice where I was give permission to attend last Spring.

thanks for the compliment pal- you're a :oops: sack :lol: with your trolling :roll:
Yes! Expected response.
1. It certainly was not a compliment and,
2. I’m not your “pal”. Though you meant this in derogatory manner.
If you don’t like my comments, please put me on ignore.
Jeff Fiss
UD Class: 2001

Post by Jeff Fiss »

Fans could show up and watch whenever they wanted back then. Tub didn't care.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

bluehens2005 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:43 pm Another Nice piece by the University posted on social media of mic’d up with Coach Rogers https://x.com/delaware_fb/status/176805 ... i3t-KklPYA
Thanks, that’s a good video. Good energy, good advice. And they’re having fun.