UMass to the MAC

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
BlueHenBill

Re: UMass to the MAC

Post by BlueHenBill »

Attila the Hen wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:02 pm
Interesting article. Thanks for posting Bobby. I suspect raising significant NIL money year in and year out will be a struggle for most G5 schools. I'm sure a few will be carried by a handful of sugar daddies, but for most, sustained fund raising will be challenging.
I hope not but it may be a tough sell for UD as well.
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Once again, The Hens jumped ship too late? it appears so. NIL money is needed to compete. Dont know if enough $ is there.
Los Angeles Harballers
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:25 am Once again, The Hens jumped ship too late? it appears so. NIL money is needed to compete. Dont know if enough $ is there.
I would agree with this. Its going to be tough.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

bluehens2005 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:36 am
hensfan40yrs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:25 am Once again, The Hens jumped ship too late? it appears so. NIL money is needed to compete. Dont know if enough $ is there.
I would agree with this. Its going to be tough.
For sure the Hens jumped too late, way too late. But at least they finally did it.

But the Hens were never going to compete against the P6/5/4 … whatever it is now with or without NIL. They will be competing against the G5. If UD can’t compete NIL wise with CUSA, SBC, etc … we are in trouble. I have little doubt UD will find a way to do it as the dust starts to settle and some rules get put it place.
Attila the Hen

Post by Attila the Hen »

Hens79 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:55 am For sure the Hens jumped too late, way too late. But at least they finally did it.

But the Hens were never going to compete against the P6/5/4 … whatever it is now with or without NIL. They will be competing against the G5. If UD can’t compete NIL wise with CUSA, SBC, etc … we are in trouble. I have little doubt UD will find a way to do it as the dust starts to settle and some rules get put it place.
This ^^^. The Hens will be no worse off than their G5 peers.
tomdawg00022

Post by tomdawg00022 »

Cluck U wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:50 pm That article was a great example of an organization (in this case, Temple) with a group of incompetent hires in leadership positions. Mr. Johnson was a bad, unqualified hire as AD…small minded, non-creative thinking. “We’ve got to get better”…followed by zero ideas of how to do that. :lol: Nearly every coach has left since he was hired…and that was only 3 years ago. Get hired to make the big decisions…then form a committee to make the decisions. Disaster.
The end of the Pat Kraft era was a disaster for Temple.

* Hired Geoff Collins to replace Rhule. Geoff didn't recruit players (just a payday for himself in the ACC).
* Hired Manny Diaz, then had to "panic hire" Rod Carey to replace Manny
* Hired Aaron McKie to replace Fran Dunphy when Fran retired.

Arthur hasn't been better but Pat did a great job of shitting on things over there.

It's been a mess for a while institutionally as well, not just in the athletic department.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

UD is more than ready to compete with peers in regard to NIL. These initiatives are under way and the goal is to max out what UD can do for its student athletes and to be as efficient as possible.

If you have a business or want to get involved, please PM me and well get you in contact with the right people.

Thanks!
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Henny wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:40 pm UD is more than ready to compete with peers in regard to NIL. These initiatives are under way and the goal is to max out what UD can do for its student athletes and to be as efficient as possible.

If you have a business or want to get involved, please PM me and well get you in contact with the right people.

Thanks!
When EF Henny posts….. :D
People listen
People listen
B5FE8D2C-9C64-4D7C-ADFE-E34390E3E121.jpeg (33.07 KiB) Viewed 427 times
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen »

Roger_Podacter wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:53 pm
BlueHenBobby wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:28 am
GhostOfThePeeWall wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:57 pm

At the rate they're going they may replace Delaware in the CAA
https://temple-news.com/the-outcome-is- ... lly-adapt/
Yeesh. WTF is going on at Temple. No interest at all in their B-Ball and F-Ball programs from any ex-players??!!!

well, its.....Temple. Not much to get the blood flowing
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Henny wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:40 pm UD is more than ready to compete with peers in regard to NIL. These initiatives are under way and the goal is to max out what UD can do for its student athletes and to be as efficient as possible.

Thanks!
then the new Delaware Stadium north end zone money should be there without donations, yes?
Los Angeles Harballers
UDEL Fear the Bird

Post by UDEL Fear the Bird »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:16 pm

Thanks!
then the new Delaware Stadium north end zone money should be there without donations, yes?
I have heard that we only have enough money right now to pursue NIL effectively OR pursue the stadium upgrades. We do not have enough money to do both right now. It will be interesting to see which way we go.
bluehens2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

UDEL Fear the Bird wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:28 pm

Thanks!
I have heard that we only have enough money right now to pursue NIL effectively OR pursue the stadium upgrades. We do not have enough money to do both right now. It will be interesting to see which way we go.
My guess is NIL, but if you upgrade the stadium and get more corporate interest and investment then the NIL$ could start to flow in a bit more
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:04 pm

Thanks!
When EF Henny posts….. :D B5FE8D2C-9C64-4D7C-ADFE-E34390E3E121.jpeg
+1. That’s a good one Carib.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Thanks!
$60-80 million in stadium upgrades...OR NIL money? :shock:

That isn't a good sign.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
bluehens2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

Cluck U wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:53 pm

$60-80 million in stadium upgrades...OR NIL money? :shock:

That isn't a good sign.
Well, we have never been ahead of the game… I do feel like we only moved up because we “had to” since not long ago Chrissi stated she would be laughed out of the room by the powers that be if she tried to talk about us moving to FBS.