mid season check-men

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

mid season check-men

Post by tenn hen »

As I waited for the CFC game to get going, I delved into our performances so far. this may take you a while to read, but it might be interesting FYI- both factually and subjectively. This info may be disjointed but bear with me-here goes.

First some trivia:
BTW= due to our victory over #41Xavier who beat #1Houston we are #1 in the country- :lol:
Carr made the correct choice transferring to #42 Wake Forest
IMO #49 Princeton is way overrated-check their weak schedule.
Obviously rankings can be deceiving and aren't the best way to judge a team since many factors come into play such as upsets, injuries, officials calling games, etc, etc.

Moving on-UD stands at 9-6(1-1) with a #131 ranking by KP---I will utilize lots of stats that might point our overall season so far-se below:
OOC teams we have faced
-Lafayette-#331
Bucknell-#3219
DSU-#304
Robert Morris-#279
Rider-#276
Brown-#259
Air Force-#224
Rhode Island-#202
GW-#180
Ohop-#167
UNCG-#138
Goldey B- ???

CAA
Hampton-#340
Campbell-#321
W&M-#320
Elon-#297
ST BR-#237
NE_#230
Monmouth-#185
Towson-#178
UNCW-#126
Hofstra-#117
Charleston-#113
Drexel-#107

hope this helps get a feel for our season so far

there you go--have at it
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
gonzo
UD Class: 2005

Re: mid season check-men

Post by gonzo »

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-baske ... rojections

Delaware Basketball
Current Record 9-6 (1-1 CAA)
Projected Final Record 20-11 (12-6 CAA)

• After losing to Hofstra 76-71 yesterday, Delaware is now projected to finish the regular season 20-11 (12-6 CAA).
• The odds that the Blue Hens make the NCAA tournament are 11%, unchanged since yesterday.
• We currently rank Delaware as the #136 team in the country, and the #5 team in the CAA.
• Next game: Thu, Jan 11 at #307 Campbell. Our power ratings give the Blue Hens a 73% chance to win.

CAA Tournament Projections
CAA #1 Seed - 8%
Projected Seed - 4
Win CAA Tournament - 11%
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Houston beat Xavier 66-60 on Dec. 1.

Xavier has done the following since loss to Hens:

W by 5 vs. Cincinnati
W by 16 vs. Winthrop
L by 15 at St. John's
W by 20 vs. Seton Hall
L by 1 at Villanova

X hosts UConn tomorrow night.
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

01- my bad- sore eyes after all the research-"forget about it" :lol: edit-delete Lafayette.

I decided not to mention Xavier's loss to St. J's. earlier in my extended post- shows how a good coach can make a big diff upon being hired. The lowlife(pool table)Petino has done it! :oops:
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

hoped some might "bite" on the quality of opponents for discussion though it's self evident.

My stats which apply to our scheduling in most sports is simple. historically winning has been the goal at the expense of competition. Our CUSA move will remove the CAA declining dilemma, but not improve this issue as low rankings indicate. This unfortunately was what remained in the FBS cookie jar due to our BOT. At least we can schedule up(we have brilliantly for 2025 football). Now we need to do the same for OOC basketball.