Hofstra

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDPat

Re: Hofstra

Post by UDPat »

finpxz1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:32 pm Are Pat and Henzone the same person???
That's my guy!!!!!!! He's one of the BEST on here.

That's a compliment!!!!!!

And no He's not posting under any other accounts though people have offered.

Wrestlemania is on my Bday this year: That are still some spots on the card, Get your buddy 79 vs Me and HZ!!!! Steel Cage Match The Bluehen Brawl!!!!!! The only rule: There are no rules!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, is it your time of the month??? What did I say that was wrong??? I agree with a lot of your reasons!!! I just feel defense is way more of an issue then our 3 point shooting and some indicators say such.
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Pat/Henzone…whoever you are. Please stop…you’re embarrassing yourself
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

finpxz1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:55 pm Pat/Henzone…whoever you are. Please stop…you’re embarrassing yourself
Ok Expert!!!! I'll just read moving forward.

And again thanks for the ultimate compliment. I meet and talk with HZ before every game!!! A great individual!!!!!!

I will listen to you the EXPERT, I will just be reading.

Losing good BBall folks, It's a shame
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to see it, does it make a post?

Asking for a friend.

Mad bro love aside, MI needs to up his game. Ross was a bad coach…had to go. MI has to step up or move on. Empty seats don’t bring in revenue.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Hah…when you start talking about personal hygiene products those posts tend to get deleted. Hopefully we can stay on topic moving forward.
gonzo
UD Class: 2005

Post by gonzo »

Cluck U wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:25 pm If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to see it, does it make a post?

Asking for a friend.

Mad bro love aside, MI needs to up his game. Ross was a bad coach…had to go. MI has to step up or move on. Empty seats don’t bring in revenue.
What improvements are you expecting from him?

He coaches the game well, brought in good transfers, beat a Big East team, and looks set to finish between 3rd and 5th place in the CAA. A 20-win season with a good shot at winning the CAA tournament is on the horizon.

Talking about attendance, it's unlikely the arena will be full unless there are big changes in Delaware's basketball scene – things like making it to the NCAA multiple times, having long winning streaks, and having star players. Even with a local star like Jyare Davis and being one of the top 5 teams in the league, getting more than 3,000 fans to show up is still a tough task.
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Just frustrating, that’s all…Being a top 5 team in a watered down CAA in MI’s 8th season is hard to get overly excited about. But to your point, winning consistently can solve a lot of those problems.
Double G

Post by Double G »

finpxz1 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:05 pm Just frustrating, that’s all…Being a top 5 team in a watered down CAA in MI’s 8th season is hard to get overly excited about. But to your point, winning consistently can solve a lot of those problems.
Is finishing 4th & 6th in a watered down football CAA any different frustration wise?
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

I think folks are a bit more willing to give Carty some leeway given it’s only year 2 and we went to the playoffs both years, but the pressure will certainly be elevated as we make the transition to FBS and Conference USA.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Do we get an invitation to the national championship playoffs if we finish 4th or 5th in CAA basketball?

Asking for a different friend. :lol:
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

gonzo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:00 pm
Cluck U wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:25 pm If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to see it, does it make a post?

Asking for a friend.

What improvements are you expecting from him?

He coaches the game well, brought in good transfers, beat a Big East team, and looks set to finish between 3rd and 5th place in the CAA. A 20-win season with a good shot at winning the CAA tournament is on the horizon.

Talking about attendance, it's unlikely the arena will be full unless there are big changes in Delaware's basketball scene – things like making it to the NCAA multiple times, having long winning streaks, and having star players. Even with a local star like Jyare Davis and being one of the top 5 teams in the league, getting more than 3,000 fans to show up is still a tough task.
More wins. Better talent. Reloading instead of rebuilding. I'd like a reputation for being among the favorites year in and year out...we have nice facilities and support from our administration. MI isn't a new coach...we should have high expectations.

I think the odds are not in our favor to win the CAA this year...so, it is hard to say we have a good chance.