Xavier

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henway

Xavier

Post by Henway »

Switched over from the hens volleyball match to watch Xavier vs Houston basketball. Xavier is going to be a very tough battle for the hens this week. They are quick, long and strong…
DaveB
UD Class: 1993

Re: Xavier

Post by DaveB »

Coming off back to back home losses to Oakland and Houston isn’t going to help the Hens.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Xavier YTD has not been a good 3 ball team. MI doesnt seem to favor zone but with how our perimeter D has been lately and Xaviers speed, maybe its something we see. They lost their 2 starting big men to injury but still have 6''10 North Texas transfer and a few euro guys who are new.

Xavier has 57 losses at home since Cintas center opened 24 years ago, 86% winning %. That includes conf play. They rarely lose at home and are coming off back to back losses at home. Hopefully the refs arent too one sided.

I'm guessing the line to be +15
Henway

Post by Henway »

Xavier favored by 11.5. Hopefully the Hens can overcome their lack of defense in the second half of games. Only once this year have they held their opponent to less points in the second half vs the first half. In this 3 game losing streak they have given up 47, 56, and 46 points in the second half.
Available on FS1 at 6:30.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

looking forward to this contest tonight. This type of opponent gets the juices flowing!

BTW- USA women face China again tonight at 8:30 on Tru tv. I'm interested in viewing a number of the new young additions to the squad. Coincidentally I happened to come across a nice set of videos( no- not those you lewdites(nor Luddites :lol: :lol: ) on a new player K. Albert. I believe she played for Notre Dame and is now with Paris Saint-Germain. She's an attacker/midfielder with excellent skills both in her array of shots, dribbling/ball control, and passing. I hope to view her getting some minutes tonight.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

tenn hen wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:22 am looking forward to this contest tonight. This type of opponent gets the juices flowing!

BTW- USA women face China again tonight at 8:30 on Tru tv. I'm interested in viewing a number of the new young additions to the squad. Coincidentally I happened to come across a nice set of videos( no- not those you lewdites(nor Luddites :lol: :lol: ) on a new player K. Albert. I believe she played for Notre Dame and is now with Paris Saint-Germain. She's an attacker/midfielder with excellent skills both in her array of shots, dribbling/ball control, and passing. I hope to view her getting some minutes tonight.
Please get your Meds checked ASAP!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

No one really cares about women's soccer other than you, fine.

BU NO ONE cares about it, on a Men's Basketball Discussion Board about tonight's game against Xavier. I suggest NXT after the Game, will be at this Saturday's PPV!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

same old Patrick- I guess you'll never know what you're missing dude :wink:

plus you better double up on your anger management meds asap :lol:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

tenn hen wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:18 pm same old Patrick- I guess you'll never know what you're missing dude :wink:

plus you better double up on your anger management meds asap :lol:
Yup It's ME, It has no place for the topic being discussed.

I like soccer, just real stuff. Not the overrated crybabies who greatly overvalue their place in the sport.
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
gonzo
UD Class: 2005

Post by gonzo »

AI preview for tonight's game:

In tonight's matchup against Xavier, the Blue Hens need to adjust their strategy for a shot at success. Relying solely on Jyare Davis to carry the scoring load, as seen in the Ohio game, might not be the winning formula against a formidable Xavier frontcourt.

Xavier boasts a big lineup featuring 6'10 Abou Ousmane, 6'9 Sasa Ciani, and 6'7 Dailyn Swain, posing potential challenges for Davis, Houser, and Ray in the paint. Davis, though undersized, may attempt to power through the opposition, but strategic adjustments are necessary for the Hens to navigate Xavier's height advantage effectively.

To secure a victory tonight, the Hens must capitalize on their strengths. Shooting proficiency from beyond the arc will be crucial, considering Xavier's defensive prowess inside. Keeping a close eye on Xavier's dynamic duo, Desmond Claude and Quincy Olivari, is equally essential.

Claude, averaging 16.4 points per game, has demonstrated a weakness from long range, shooting only 19% from 3. Exploiting this aspect of his game could disrupt Xavier's offensive flow. However, the Hens must be wary of Olivari, an efficient 40% shooter from downtown, and a consistent double-digit scorer in most games this season.

Coach Martin Ingelsby must diversify the offensive strategy, prioritizing perimeter shooting and effectively containing Xavier's key players to secure a crucial win for the Hens in tonight's game.
hoopster

Post by hoopster »

Any chance we get Xavier in the Bob next year for a return game?
GO BIG BLUE!
hoopster

Post by hoopster »

DaveB wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:35 am Coming off back to back home losses to Oakland and Houston isn’t going to help the Hens.
We’re coming off 3 consecutive losses so hopefully that’s enough motivation to turn things around. The last 2 were games we should have won.
GO BIG BLUE!
allteamball
UD Class: 1992

Post by allteamball »

I’m looking forward to watching this game on a national broadcast FS1. Let’s step up Hens and have a great showing. We need a win against this level! Come’on!
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

allteamball wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:02 pm I’m looking forward to watching this game on a national broadcast FS1. Let’s step up Hens and have a great showing. We need a win against this level! Come’on!
I agree Allteam. MI needs this type of win IMO. Hate to beat a drum but hoping Bethea is ready to roll because the team is lacking outside shooters.

Xavier’s next game is against cross town rival Cincy so do we catch them thinking ahead?
allteamball
UD Class: 1992

Post by allteamball »

DaveB wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:14 pm
allteamball wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:02 pm I’m looking forward to watching this game on a national broadcast FS1. Let’s step up Hens and have a great showing. We need a win against this level! Come’on!
I agree Allteam. MI needs this type of win IMO. Hate to beat a drum but hoping Bethea is ready to roll because the team is lacking outside shooters.

Xavier’s next game is against cross town rival Cincy so do we catch them thinking ahead?
Yes, Dave. This would be a great one if we can get it. I’d like to see us maintain consistency on the defensive end. I’d also like to see Bethea contribute.
hoopster

Post by hoopster »

Unless we improve on the defensive end, this is going to get ugly.
GO BIG BLUE!