Board of Trustees meeting-12/5

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
DSUrocks07

Re: Board of Trustees meeting-12/5

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Ramblinrec74 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:14 am I still beleive that it is a knee jerk reaction. They should have waited to try to get invitation to the Sun Belt conference, which has alot of our previous opponents, and rivalries would be restarted! Travel costs would be less, fans would be able to travel to away games, and it would be less stressful o0n the student athlete! I feel that this decision did not include looking at the fact, that this excessive travel in Conf. USA, will effect the student athlete, their studies, and their families!
Its a lot easier to be a lateral move within FBS than to waddle and daddle in FCS for an invite to the Sun Belt 10-15 years down the road, if ever. And with how JMU and others have been looking already, there are no guarantees that they would even still be in the Sun Belt at that time.

Even joining the Sun Belt would have increased the travel expenses substantially as well.
Adopting UD as my new fandom school, but everyone remembers me as the DSU guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

Hengrad07 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:06 am UD felt they had to move…

That said, does anyone actually believe CUSA was the “1st Choice”? I actually believe it was the “Only Choice”… CR and Assanis will NEVER admit it publicly! Mid-Week games & 11+ hour drives will discourage fans in supporting the teams both home & away.

I watch a lot of CFB & the small crowds in attendance at both CUSA & MAC MID-week games will soon become the norm
in Newark!

I am looking very much forward to KCK’s return to DE Stadium!
HenGrad07, Why would UD fans be discouraged to support/attend home games based on the distance of the opponents, especially when all or at least most of those opponents are better FB teams (as will UD) than all or at least most of UD's CAA opponents?
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:09 pm
Hengrad07 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:06 amI watch a lot of CFB & the small crowds in attendance at both CUSA & MAC MID-week games will soon become the norm in Newark!
Not a point even worth considering for a second. Three of the most important home games in the last 13 seasons at the stadium (playoff games!) drew a COLLECTIVE 13K fans in Newark. Bellyaching about what could potentially happen on a Wednesday night in 2025 seems really silly at this stage, given the alternative.

The quality of CAA FB was absolutely crushing interest in Blue Hen football. If you haven't noticed that, I really don't know what to tell you.

There were simply no other options on the table to stop the bleeding. The choice was CUSA now or continue to watch fan interest dwindle in the CAA. The MAC was clearly not an option. The Sun Belt was not an option.

If they could have made any choice, I'm certain UD would love to be associated with schools in the ACC. Maybe that could happen someday in the distant future. For now, Delaware has to develop its athletic national brand at the next level. CUSA is our vehicle to do that. No other conference offered that option.
Bluewyn Gold, I would appreciae it if you could share your views as to why "he MAC was clearly not an option" and the Sun Belt was not an option. The latter due to just no invitation forthcoming for the foreseeable future?
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

BlueHenBill wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:10 pmBluewyn Gold, I would appreciae it if you could share your views as to why "he MAC was clearly not an option" and the Sun Belt was not an option. The latter due to just no invitation forthcoming for the foreseeable future?
Correct.
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

AD Rawak stated at the Press Conference that from the day she arrived at UD it was her ambition to prepare UD to move to the FBS and to realize that ambition. As AD Rawak further stated that day has now come to make the move.
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:12 pm
BlueHenBill wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:10 pmBluewyn Gold, I would appreciae it if you could share your views as to why "he MAC was clearly not an option" and the Sun Belt was not an option. The latter due to just no invitation forthcoming for the foreseeable future?
Correct.
Ditto for the MAC or other reason(s)?
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

May I point out that 1/2 of the lesser sports are not going to be in the CUSA, and I assuming that those sports are likely to be a associate member of a more travel-expense friendly conference.

I wonder if Chrissi has Jordon working with Avelo to be the airlines of Delaware athletics and asking them to do a Flightin' Blue Hen wrapped plane, like Delaware Express wraps a Blue Hen bus. Just askin'