I’m awake - UD to CUSA

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
hensfan40yrs

Re: I’m awake - UD to CUSA

Post by hensfan40yrs »

Plenty of I-AA teams for you to follow on the internet. I'd recommend the Stingers from Dover or maybe that powerhouse Lafayette club.

Powerhouse Lafayette club that lost to FBS bound Delaware by 2 points?
Los Angeles Harballers
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

It was time to make a move. I'm not excited about C-USA, but I'm sure they'll be more movement in the future when things shake out with all the P5/G5 schools/conferences.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:36 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:28 pmFrom one long distance fan to another Mr Hanby… I totally understand how you’re feeling right now. My interest level just went out the window
Plenty of I-AA teams for you to follow on the internet. I'd recommend the Stingers from Dover or maybe that powerhouse Lafayette club.
Yeah. Looks like CH has a pen pal in Pard. They can talk academic excellence …….
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Test

OK, it worked.

According to a recent former UD student and current nurse at Johns Hopkins, she wished she had gone to a “football school.”

According to a current UD student (from Maryland) who serves at a local establishment, she wishes she had gone to a “football school.”

All the young guys out there should be happy. The ladies will want to be on ESPN (even on a Tuesday night). Get your creative juices flowing and break out the cardboard signs. We are like the Beverly Hillbillies moving from the back woods (where something called, Flo is a thing) to the national spotlight. Heck, maybe play that theme song at our games, along with the Fresh Prince theme song.

Good times ahead!
Last edited by Cluck U on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

dchen wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:27 pm Kevin's article in the NJ:

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sp ... 717646007/
Hey Russ,
You’re now more famous than you already are! I also texted to my season ticket group and others this morning that I have never been to New Mexico.

I am more than happy about this move and I’ve had feelers from non season ticket holders about becoming season ticket holders.

Much to do in transition but I am sure that Chrissi and staff have already done their due diligence.

Edit: I also want to express my respect to those who are not enamored with the move. Your opinions have been and will continue to be important.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

I think people are missing the boat in terms of the potential of this University. UD is an ACC school playing FCS football. This move is long overdue and for those who think we will follow in the footsteps of UMass aren't paying attention.
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
TimD
UD Class: 1989

Post by TimD »

Henny wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:08 pm I think people are missing the boat in terms of the potential of this University. UD is an ACC school playing FCS football. This move is long overdue and for those who think we will follow in the footsteps of UMass aren't paying attention.
This 👆
UD (as an institution overall, not just athletics) has a lot more in common with UVA and UNC then they do with Campbell and Monmouth.
Last edited by TimD on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finally have a reason to care about Hens MBB again!
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

RalphD58 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:55 pm It was time to make a move. I'm not excited about C-USA, but I'm sure they'll be more movement in the future when things shake out with all the P5/G5 schools/conferences.
Agree Ralph. Hoping CUSA isn't our final targeted landing spot. Twenty Two (22) more Football Scholarships!
Last edited by HENJOHN on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

mpwerrell wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:03 pm
dchen wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:27 pm Kevin's article in the NJ:

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sp ... 717646007/
Hey Russ,
You’re now more famous than you already are! I also texted to my season ticket group and others this morning that I have never been to New Mexico.

I am more than happy about this move and I’ve had feelers from non season ticket holders about becoming season ticket holders.

Much to do in transition but I am sure that Chrissi and staff have already done their due diligence.

Edit: I also want to express my respect to those who are not enamored with the move. Your opinions have been and will continue to be important.
Pretty cool Russ. And just the right touch with the comments.

Also, sure everyone’s opinions (well most) are important. Just glad some are ignored.
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

I graduated from UD in May, girlfriend graduates this spring. Losing student ticket access, but very easy decision to become season ticket holders starting next fall with this news.
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

HENJOHN wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:15 pm
RalphD58 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:55 pm It was time to make a move. I'm not excited about C-USA, but I'm sure they'll be more movement in the future when things shake out with all the P5/G5 schools/conferences.
Agree Ralph. Hoping CUSA isn't our final targeted landing spot.
I don’t think it will be. But you gotta take the first step. If UD had done what they should have several years ago, they’d be in the Sun Belt with JMU now. But better later, as usual with UD, than never.

Onward and upward.
bluehens2005
UD Class: 2005

Post by bluehens2005 »

UDHoops wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:17 pm I graduated from UD in May, girlfriend graduates this spring. Losing student ticket access, but very easy decision to become season ticket holders starting next fall with this news.
Tell your friends ! Hopefully more sentiments like this will be heard across Blue Hen Nation. I am
Not bailing after becoming a student in 1999 and having season tickets since graduation, going to
Games since I was growing up. This has a lot
Of potential sure thingd could be bumpy for a while, but I’m looking forward to it!
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

bluehens2005 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:22 pm
UDHoops wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:17 pm I graduated from UD in May, girlfriend graduates this spring. Losing student ticket access, but very easy decision to become season ticket holders starting next fall with this news.
Tell your friends ! Hopefully more sentiments like this will be heard across Blue Hen Nation. I am
Not bailing after becoming a student in 1999 and having season tickets since graduation, going to
Games since I was growing up. This has a lot
Of potential sure thingd could be bumpy for a while, but I’m looking forward to it!
Very easy decision, agreed. If not for the student guest ticket this year I would've gotten them for this fall. Excited to commit in 2024.
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

UD is an ACC school playing FCS football :lol:
Los Angeles Harballers
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation »