Delaware vs George Washington

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDPat

Re: Delaware vs George Washington

Post by UDPat »

Hens79 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:52 pm
allteamball wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:25 am
UDPat wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:42 am

People won't want to hear this............It maybe the Painter effect???

2 sides of the game must be played.
Pat, you might be right. I only saw one game so I don’t have a big enough sample size to judge his defense. I hope he is better than Painter’s defense. Pretty low bar. Lol
So I guess we will have to wait until his third year at UD for Houser to be first team all CAA?
I have to admit you are correct. But..................I hope for more from the future 1st Teamer!! What you ask??? How about being able to stay on the floor in the final 5 minutes of a close game but it was determined by the COACHING STAFF(not me or you 79) that he was a defensive liability.

How many times did you and others complain??? The answer was right in front of you but you choose to ignore it.

And for the record, I am not at this time saying that is the case with this young man. Too soon to tell. It was fact with the previous 1st Teamer.
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

UDPat wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:49 pm
allteamball wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:25 am

Pat, you might be right. I only saw one game so I don’t have a big enough sample size to judge his defense. I hope he is better than Painter’s defense. Pretty low bar. Lol
So I guess we will have to wait until his third year at UD for Houser to be first team all CAA?
I have to admit you are correct. But..................I hope for more from the future 1st Teamer!! What you ask??? How about being able to stay on the floor in the final 5 minutes of a close game but it was determined by the COACHING STAFF(not me or you 79) that he was a defensive liability.

How many times did you and others complain??? The answer was right in front of you but you choose to ignore it.

And for the record, I am not at this time saying that is the case with this young man. Too soon to tell. It was fact with the previous 1st Teamer.
No need for such a long answer. We all hope Houser is a first team all CAA like Painter.
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

We all knew we were thin in the post going into the season. And with Moss being injury prone and Emory still not ready, we have no choice but to go with Houser to provide the size we need down low. He was good enough to make a pretty good impression at VMI, so MI and staff better “coach him up” quick if we want to make this season what we all hoped it would be. Going into year 8 with the current staff, it’s time to stop making excuses and start getting consistent results.
allteamball
UD Class: 1992

Post by allteamball »

finpxz1 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:59 pm We all knew we were thin in the post going into the season. And with Moss being injury prone and Emory still not ready, we have no choice but to go with Houser to provide the size we need down low. He was good enough to make a pretty good impression at VMI, so MI and staff better “coach him up” quick if we want to make this season what we all hoped it would be. Going into year 8 with the current staff, it’s time to stop making excuses and start getting consistent results.
+1
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Hens79 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:33 pm
UDPat wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:49 pm

No need for such a long answer. We all hope Houser is a first team all CAA like Painter.
You need long answers, They are how you will get educated and learn the game of basketball.
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Pat, are you still sticking around? I thought you were taking your ball and going home what with all the changes going on. And btw, I’ll stick with the CAA coaches knowing who should be first team all CAA over a fan who said a future first teamer would only be a 10/6er.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Hens79 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:27 am Pat, are you still sticking around? I thought you were taking your ball and going home what with all the changes going on. And btw, I’ll stick with the CAA coaches knowing who should be first team all CAA over a fan who said a future first teamer would only be a 10/6er.
Still here educating those that need it: YOU, He was a 10/6 guy year 1 as I stated. I guess guys can't get more opportunities when other guys move to the NBA or the ACC.

What I am not doing is making these type of 100% accurate comments on players until I see enough.

And I will believe the UD coaches who had the balls not to just read the hype but SIT that 1st teamer when it was a close game and defense was THE priority. That's how you coach!!!!
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Pat, there was no “year one 10/6” “stated” in our direct conversation several years ago. It was along the lines of “will never be more than a 10/6 guy”. And we agreed to disagree on it while we had agreements on many other things about UD hoops. You made up the “year one” after Painter was 1st team. It is okay to be wrong. Everyone misses stiff. Usually it is no big deal. But when you are untruthful about it and continue to come after me, well ….

Finally, on this topic, if Painter was great on D in addition to being a double /double guy, he would have never been at UD.

Just simmer down and enjoy the new era for UD athletics in including the soon to be CUSA hoops. It is an exciting time to be a UD sports fan.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Hens79 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:28 am Pat, there was no “year one 10/6” “stated” in our direct conversation several years ago. It was along the lines of “will never be more than a 10/6 guy”. And we agreed to disagree on it while we had agreements on many other things about UD hoops. You made up the “year one” after Painter was 1st team. It is okay to be wrong. Everyone misses stiff. Usually it is no big deal. But when you are untruthful about it and continue to come after me, well ….

Finally, on this topic, if Painter was great on D in addition to being a double /double guy, he would have never been at UD.

Just simmer down and enjoy the new era for UD athletics in including the soon to be CUSA hoops. It is an exciting time to be a UD sports fan.
New arguments 2 years later?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're right about one thing, everyone misses stuff. The board can decide as far as I'm concerned, Just like Saturday Night Live, you or me!!!

I'm game!!!!