November

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Double G

Re: November

Post by Double G »

Just seems like the team was surprisingly outcoached./outmanned. Was it the extra week for Elon to prepare, just time for a flat game or are we just not as good as many think we are? Watching Devlin spot the weaknesses and not taken advantage of them was not fun. We just got whooped!
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

udsb97 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:37 pm Both QB's have been injured recently . Common sense tells you that until 100% recovery you don't take chances especially when your backup was not available. Marker took some chances in the Towson game and we saw the result. I'm just suggesting possibly RO was more cautious then usual. Suspect? I'm not on trial so my comments are just opinions . I do know the different between the styles of the 2 QB's and like both of them. Let's be honest though, Marker excelled against some pretty poor competition.

I'll leave the QB decision up to our OC. Maybe Lipovski will start against the camels.
Suspect…just commenting on the comment…not the commenter. And you are correct, RO does look for his primary a bit longer. But, he also doesn’t look for (or recognize) an opportunity for a quick 5-yard run.

Carty has said publicly that he doesn’t mind sacks…and he also has said he doesn’t expect his OL to have to pass block for a long time. He wants the ball out quickly and he wants to QBs to make a play based upon what should be available. That includes running.

We won’t beat the better teams by chucking the ball long 20 times per game. Heck, we didn’t beat Elon (and they were not a good team).

Beat Campbell and we make the playoffs. D has to show up and our QBs have to do better. Heck…everyone has to do better. That loss took a coordinated effort. :lol:
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

udsb97 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:37 pm Both QB's have been injured recently . Common sense tells you that until 100% recovery you don't take chances especially when your backup was not available. Marker took some chances in the Towson game and we saw the result. I'm just suggesting possibly RO was more cautious then usual. Suspect? I'm not on trial so my comments are just opinions . I do know the different between the styles of the 2 QB's and like both of them. Let's be honest though, Marker excelled against some pretty poor competition.

I'll leave the QB decision up to our OC. Maybe Lipovski will start against the camels.
The result was the best half of Delaware football we've seen for a long time, and Marker was hurt on a cheap shot.
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby »

cams wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:28 am Not sure what it is about this month. I went back over the last 10 years and looked at our regular season games in Nov. Full disclosure I did not include the 2020 Spring Covid year since it was an unusual outlier season.

Out of 33 total games over that span we won 11 and lost 22. That's losing 66% of our Nov games. Not sure what this means, but it's not a good. Hoping this team is different and can reverse the trend.
I hope so as well. Most of September for us and for much of college football is littered with games against inferior opponents. In our case our yearly FBS game is usually the exception. Rubber starts to hit the road in October. By the end of October it all comes down to how good you really are. In general games our more critical and become "must wins". Unfortunately during the Brock and Rocco years "must wins" translated into losses. Last year's regular season did not really end that well. The losses to Richmond and Nova were terrible. It's up to Carty and his staff to change the culture and win those "must wins" at the end of the season, especially Nova. To me this year was a great opportunity to do that with the large turnover of players. Here's hoping we show improvement by at least beating Campbell and hopefully beating Nova.