Injuries

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Injuries

Post by BlueHenBobby »

I know that UD Football is very tight lipped about injuries- HIPA and other reasons, but I will still inquire about them. I believe Hunter was injured during the game Saturday. Looked serious as he was placed on a stretcher and left by ambulance. Looked bad. Hoping the young man is well.
Any confirmation that Wimberly is out for the year. Same for Harvin. Marker is evidently back.
HENJOHN

Re: Injuries

Post by HENJOHN »

Saw Wymberly again this past weekend on the sidelines before the game and he had a Knee brace on but NO crutches which I thought was a good sign. He was also moving around freely.
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

Carty reported during his CAA Monday interview that Hunter was released from the hospital late Saturday and has returned to team activities on Sunday. He did not know if Hunter will be ready to play this week.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

mpwerrell wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:50 pm Carty reported during his CAA Monday interview that Hunter was released from the hospital late Saturday and has returned to team activities on Sunday. He did not know if Hunter will be ready to play this week.
So glad to hear that.
Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J »

BlueHenBobby wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:41 pm I know that UD Football is very tight lipped about injuries- HIPA and other reasons, but I will still inquire about them. I believe Hunter was injured during the game Saturday. Looked serious as he was placed on a stretcher and left by ambulance. Looked bad. Hoping the young man is well.
Any confirmation that Wimberly is out for the year. Same for Harvin. Marker is evidently back.
HIPAA has little if nothing to do with it.
“I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.”― Henry James
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation »

O'connor hurt?
The Dude Abides!
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

HenZoneNation wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:30 pm O'connor hurt?
That is what we are hearing in the stands.
HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation »

He didn't travel....word is both the Pirate's QB's are out as well.
The Dude Abides!
UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Post by UDFootballFan »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:34 pm
HenZoneNation wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:30 pm O'connor hurt?
That is what we are hearing in the stands.
Tres posted he’s out injured but it’s behind a paywall.
HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation »

Carty said he didn’t think anyone was done for the year.
The Dude Abides!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Marker filling in very nicely

Caveat being Hampton is horrible
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Any word on the health of three of our offensive starters (O’Connor, Harvin and Wimberly)? Missing the starting quarterback and both starting wide receivers would not be good going into the playoff.

The back-ups have performed well but we will need our best to be ready for the playoff run.
Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 »

Warrior Hen wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:46 pm Any word on the health of three of our offensive starters (O’Connor, Harvin and Wimberly)? Missing the starting quarterback and both starting wide receivers would not be good going into the playoff.

The back-ups have performed well but we will need our best to be ready for the playoff run.
No new information. Carty was asked on the CAA call yesterday. No comment. You will know who is healthy on Saturday when we take the field he said. From the looks of things from notes on this board Oconner dressed for the last game but did not play, marker got shaken up but was walking around on the sidelines in the second half without any noticeable slings, limps, or anything. Wimberly on crutches but injury may not be as bad as they thought may NOT be done for year...The others nothing to note.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Right, we'll know who's a go, when we see them out there.

As an example, #55 Keyshawn Hunter, after the scary ambulance trip from Raymond Field, was in full force at Towson.

The "enemy" will not know who is playing until gametime.
#JUST WIN
BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby »

So I think I've read most of the available injury status for our QB's and who will be starting on Saturday is about as clear as mud. Sounds like either Marker or Oconnor might be playing with a possibility that Minicucci might be a possibility. At this point I am more than grateful that we have multiple QB's that are capable of performing well. After the last two games I have to admit I would prefer to see Marker. I get it that Carty is tight lipped about injuries. Keeps the opposition guessing about who to prepare for and how. Never-the-less it is still unnerving to wonder who will be playing QB on Saturday (and how well they will play with their injury).