DSN

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

DSN

Post by RalphD58 »

https://www.delmarvasportsnetwork.com/watch_live/

The Hens are also playing on DSN, an alternative to Flo Sports. I'm not sure if the broadcasting team is the same or different. It can be downloaded on your phone, TV, Roku, etc. I just downloaded the app on my Roku and it's streaming well.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: DSN

Post by Cluck U »

Thanks, Ralph!
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
RalphD58

Post by RalphD58 »

Cluck U wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:28 pm Thanks, Ralph!
No problem. Not sure why it's not listed as an alternative on Delaware Football's website. It only has FloSports, makes no sense, but what do I know.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Enjoy it on the tube. It ain't pretty here at the TUB
RalphD58

Post by RalphD58 »

HENJOHN wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:10 pm Enjoy it on the tube. It ain't pretty here at the TUB
Go Hens! I got the 👎🏻from La Jefa, she's the DD when we come to Delaware Football games. 😂
Last edited by RalphD58 on Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jl1968

Post by jl1968 »

Never did get DNS on computer they said they were having tech problems!
mrdavidjb
UD Class: 2003

Post by mrdavidjb »

DSN is not allowed to stream the Delaware games via their apps or online, as they don't have the rights. You are only able to watch the game if you get DSN on your cable (which is only Kent & Sussex Co and Eastern Shore Maryland) or are able to use an antenna to pick-up the signal (channel 16.2) from their tower in Laurel.
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

It was good coverage, good picture, commentators were good, like watching on every other national TV network.
Los Angeles Harballers
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

mrdavidjb wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:10 am DSN is not allowed to stream the Delaware games via their apps or online, as they don't have the rights. You are only able to watch the game if you get DSN on your cable (which is only Kent & Sussex Co and Eastern Shore Maryland) or are able to use an antenna to pick-up the signal (channel 16.2) from their tower in Laurel.
Thanks for the explanation. 👍
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

RalphD58

Post by RalphD58 »

I'm happy for the handful of people that have this option to watch the game.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

RalphD58 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:09 pm I'm happy for the handful of people that have this option to watch the game.
Sounds as though it is a good option for the fans down in LSD territory…and thanks for the tip. It was worth the try (Lil’ Cluck spent quite some time trying to get it to work before we decided it was probably limited to a certain area).

In the meantime, the rest of us are stuck with FloBlows. <——Feel free to use that trademark, folks.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

Cluck U wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:32 pm
RalphD58 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:09 pm I'm happy for the handful of people that have this option to watch the game.
Sounds as though it is a good option for the fans down in LSD territory…and thanks for the tip. It was worth the try (Lil’ Cluck spent quite some time trying to get it to work before we decided it was probably limited to a certain area).

In the meantime, the rest of us are stuck with FloBlows. <——Feel free to use that trademark, folks.
"LSD territory"?
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Like the Yarns and O’Conner families
That area is booming… :lol:

Out on the prairie known as the Bethel Road, somewhere between Laurel and Seaford, I had to pray the Hens made the finals to see them on TV, directional antenna pointed towards Baltimore. 1974 the semis were actually on national TV and Zwann, Beasley and Roberts put on a show that came to be known as the “Wing T clinic” I was hooked.

I had to wait 4 long years to see the next nationally televised game and it was E Illinois. Last second FG sailed just wide and Hens lost 10-9

1979 was glorious as the Hens Youngstown St Final was on TV and the Hens beat them for a second time in a month. Scott Brunner to Jay Hooks and Vince Hyland pick 6

Radio filled the gaps very nicely
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Oldhen

Post by Oldhen »

BlueHenBill wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:38 pm
"LSD territory"?
We down-homers refer to Sussex as 'slower lower' Delaware.

Lower Slower Delaware is scrambling it for the snappier 'LSD' acronym.

Pooh.
I do whatever the Rice Krispies tell me to do.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Oldhen wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:07 pm
BlueHenBill wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:38 pm
"LSD territory"?
We down-homers refer to Sussex as 'slower lower' Delaware.

Lower Slower Delaware is scrambling it for the snappier 'LSD' acronym.

Pooh.
The hippies that grew up and purchased houses down there sure do love those car magnets. :lol: