Scouting the CAA

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Re: Scouting the CAA

Post by Caribbean Hen »

After Elon beats William & Mary this weekend our Elon game will be huge

Elon likes to run the ball and they are good at it
William & Mary not clicking on offense like last year but still playing some great Defense so this should be a really good one
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Attila the Hen

Post by Attila the Hen »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:46 pm After Elon beats William & Mary this weekend our Elon game will be huge

William & Mary not clicking on offense like last year but still playing some great Defense so this should be a really good one
Yep. I think Elon wins this game too in spite of a very pedestrian QB. Hampton , the RB, is very good. The Tribe will miss Yoder hugely. This prediction is more about Yoder's absence than the quality of Elon. I think Campbell would have beaten Elon if the game was 5 minutes longer.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Attila the Hen wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:15 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:46 pm After Elon beats William & Mary this weekend our Elon game will be huge

Yep. I think Elon wins this game too in spite of a very pedestrian QB. Hampton , the RB, is very good. The Tribe will miss Yoder hugely. This prediction is more about Yoder's absence than the quality of Elon. I think Campbell would have beaten Elon if the game was 5 minutes longer.
I need to watch the second half of the Elon at Campbell game but the camera work is so far from the action. Campbell is definitely a second half team. William actually beat Campbell more than score indicates but Rhinestone Cowboys put up a garbage time TD. Monmouth jumped the humps early and blew it. Elon dominated Campbell in first half and again the final score was close
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:12 pm
Attila the Hen wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:15 pm

I need to watch the second half of the Elon at Campbell game but the camera work is so far from the action. Campbell is definitely a second half team. William actually beat Campbell more than score indicates but Rhinestone Cowboys put up a garbage time TD. Monmouth jumped the humps early and blew it. Elon dominated Campbell in first half and again the final score was close
The Humpity Bumpities were throwing the piggy a lot this past weekend.

Huge OL…but their run game?

YPC:
2.9 against W&M
6.6 against Citadel
5.6 against Monmouth
1.4 against Elon

Elon’s run D?

YPC
1.4 against Campbell
3.0 against NCA&T
4.2 against Gardner-Webb
2.8 against Wake Forest

But, Elon has been vulnerable through the air. I like our chances against Elon. Our speed will stretch them.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-dee ... -caa-mnmn/

From the article

“And that brings us to the CAA, which appears to be deep once again. William & Mary (4-0), which shared the title last year with New Hampshire, was the preseason favorite and has so far lived up to that billing.

Even with last week’s hiccup at Delaware in a game between nationally ranked teams, New Hampshire remains a viable candidate.

And Delaware showed by overcoming an early 18-point deficit to defeat New Hampshire 29-25 that the Blue Hens are serious CAA and playoff contenders. And again, nobody should count out Rhode Island.

That’s five teams, including Villanova, who at this point are contenders for an FCS berth, and who knows if another will emerge.”

The writer calls the UNH loss at Delaware a “hiccup”

He doesn’t see that UNH struggles against athletic and talented teams like NC Central last year and Delaware last week. I think UNH might have some problems as it has been demonstrated that the offense is a one Trick pony, stop Laube and game over

He gushes all over Villanova and their talent but doesn’t mention their best player WR Hayek

Makes no mention of a very solid Elon team

Said no one should write off Rhode Island….. they say this every year

UDel
UD Class: 1970

Post by UDel »

Thy colors proud, we bear...
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

From Dans article, I like it Dan

New Hampshire has the chance to “get right” back at home versus a Towson team with deficiencies. The 1-3 Tigers are coming off a 21-14 home loss to Norfolk State in which the Spartans racked up 350 rushing yards at 6.5 per attempt. This gettable rush defense tees up UNH for a favorable matchup and a flush of the ’Cats’ deflation in Newark, DE. New Hampshire will have ranked-win opportunities, as it stands now, when the Wildcats face Rhody and Villanova in back-to-back games to close October and open November.”

jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Potential upsets in my book.

William & Mary @ Elon - 2:00pm
Villanova @ Albany - 3:30pm

Still good but William & Mary is not the Tribe of 2022.

Albany gets to show if the Fordham win and FBS close call are who they will be this year.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

jd of de wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:20 am Potential upsets in my book.

William & Mary @ Elon - 2:00pm
Villanova @ Albany - 3:30pm

Still good but William & Mary is not the Tribe of 2022.

Albany gets to show if the Fordham win and FBS close call are who they will be this year.
Good picks JD

Elon power run game vs William & Mary #1 FCS Defense is the Flo game of the week and supposedly free of charge

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Hampton at Richmond on NBC Sports Philadelphia and Campbell vs NC Central on ESPN+ Today. I'm stuck going to Millburn Orchards for Pumpkins.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

HENJOHN wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 am Hampton at Richmond on NBC Sports Philadelphia and Campbell vs NC Central on ESPN+ Today. I'm stuck going to Millburn Orchards for Pumpkins.
Don’t forget the Apple-cider donuts! :D

Their market also carries some good local cheeses, pickles, mustards, pies, meats and other goodies.

At least it looks to be dry weather. 👍
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

HENJOHN wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 am Hampton at Richmond on NBC Sports Philadelphia and Campbell vs NC Central on ESPN+ Today. I'm stuck going to Millburn Orchards for Pumpkins.
I don’t know anything about Hampton besides the huge blue track that encircles the football field but it looks like they have a good RB

https://caasports.com/stats.aspx?path=f ... &year=2023

Burris 10.0 YPC

Yarns best RB in CAA ? Very well could be, I wouldn’t trade him for anyone in CAA

All purpose back Dylan Laube was my pick until Delaware bottled up the Laube. Will be interesting to see if other teams follow the blueprint on how to stop him but you better have a swarm of athletic players on D like the Hens

Shirden hasn’t really got untracked and Yoder is hurt despite what Coach London is selling

Elon RB Jalen Hampton leads CAA with 488 rushing yards at 6 yards per carry but they are run focused offense right now

jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Rhode Island and Bryant look very, evenly matched. I’m sure Ram fans aren’t happy about that.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

CAA playoff teams

Delaware
Nova
William
Elon

Outside looking in as the bubble pops

UNH

HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock »

How bad is Richmond?
Ranked pre-season.
Lost to Morgan St.
Now down 14-0 at home to Hampton.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.