Wash Out!

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Wash Out!

Post by Hengrad07 »

I'm in Newark now, if this keeps up, what a shame for the UD fans for the top 20 CAA match-up.
#JustWinBaby
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Re: Wash Out!

Post by bluehenbillk »

It’ll have some gaps today. During the game chance of rain is in the 40%’s right now so yes it will be wet, but hopefully not a game in a deluge. Keep on eye today - chances are it will change ke way or the other.
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

It is only rain.

Just gear up and go.

Cripes…what has happened to people? Is this a real-life version of Wall-E where people just stay in an artificial environment watching TV?

The players are playing in it…they will live. It isn’t acid rain that will melt people.

One advantage: your beers/drinks will be watered down a bit. More volume = fewer calories per once. 👍
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Gotta go get it done! Ultimately, no one cares what the weather was on game day. Just the W!
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Laube is listed at 5'10" -208lb, clearly muscular and a stud performer. Does he handle the wet well? I have no clue but his compact size should be a positive. Will we put a spy on this guy? I would, but he must be a sure enough tackler capable of matching Laube's versatility. Do we have the guy for the job?

I watched the highlight video from the WM game provided on another thread-thanks-appreciate the link guy :D I'm impressed and concerned Laube might eat us up. Manny better be flexible enough to go 4 man front as most of us want. Any drone info that we practiced this change during practice week? oops, the drone was probably shot down by RC's anti aircraft missiles :lol:
Is Hunter available to play this week? I might move Fintan to the 4 man front at least for this game under these conditions-Just saying.
Any predictions for the crowd turnout? and will any students come out?

hope this post will lead to some feedback :wink:

oh -BTW- is our UD production crew prepped with towels(substantial #s) to clean the cameras so we can see the action on our wonderful flo sports :roll: if not, get the prep done NOW so us out of towners can follow the game on this feed without destroying our social media devices!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

tenn hen wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:25 am Laube is listed at 5'10" -208lb, clearly muscular and a stud performer. Does he handle the wet well? I have no clue but his compact size should be a positive. Will we put a spy on this guy? I would, but he must be a sure enough tackler capable of matching Laube's versatility. Do we have the guy for the job?

I watched the highlight video from the WM game provided on another thread-thanks-appreciate the link guy :D I'm impressed and concerned Laube might eat us up. Manny better be flexible enough to go 4 man front as most of us want. Any drone info that we practiced this change during practice week? oops, the drone was probably shot down by RC's anti aircraft missiles :lol:
Is Hunter available to play this week? I might move Fintan to the 4 man front at least for this game under these conditions-Just saying.
Any predictions for the crowd turnout? and will any students come out?

hope this post will lead to some feedback :wink:

oh -BTW- is our UD production crew prepped with towels(substantial #s) to clean the cameras so we can see the action on our wonderful flo sports :roll: if not, get the prep done NOW so us out of towners can follow the game on this feed without destroying our social media devices!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Do you really want some feedback Tenn?
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby »

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

BHB for the win!!!!

We certainly are an interesting species. :lol:
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan »

bluehenbillk wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:33 am It’ll have some gaps today.
This is what the thread could have been titled, haha. Not trying to jinx anything, but this is blowing around a fair bit, it looks like today. Wind in-game: for sure. Monsoon a la Lafayette a few years ago? Not certain. Not even certain there will be precipitation at all between 6 and 8.
Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent
Twitter @DanSteenkamer
Instagram | dansteenkamer.fcs
University of Delaware '25 via Syracuse University

2022 GoHens FCS Playoff Pick-'em Pool Champion
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

I sure hope Hunter is available for this game. Hunter and Brogna at DT and a four man front is how I’d play UNH and put a spy safety on Laube to guard him coming out of the backfield. He killed Central Michigan coming out of the backfield on little swing passes. Central Michigan never adjusted to stop these plays. It’s a shame Marker is injured. His running ability in a game like this would have helped. Will we see any wildcat formations? Can’t see us attempting any longer FGs in this game and punting may be problematic. We may see a lot more fourth down attempts in this game to avoid punting into a strong head wind. What direction will the winds blow? Will they be cross winds or end zone to end zone?
UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan »

Cluck U wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:01 am It is only rain.
Yep :D . But also
Jaxhen1 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:32 am We may see a lot more fourth down attempts in this game to avoid punting into a strong head wind. What direction will the winds blow? Will they be cross winds or end zone to end zone?
the wind. It's gonna get dicey putting the ball in the air. No idea which direction it'll be blowing, but just with the layout of the stadium, you guess maybe end zone to end zone?
Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent
Twitter @DanSteenkamer
Instagram | dansteenkamer.fcs
University of Delaware '25 via Syracuse University

2022 GoHens FCS Playoff Pick-'em Pool Champion
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Caribe- yeah- I do :P thought I'd see if any of our gohensers would venture some thoughts about today. You know- maybe go out on a limb. live dangerously in our turbulent world :roll:

BH Bobby- great idea though unsuccessful. I hope you go out outside and see if you have better luck than those 500,000 wet souls :wink:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby »

Cluck U wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:02 am
BHB for the win!!!!

We certainly are an interesting species. :lol:
Notice the melody of the riff they chanted to. Back in the early 70's we chanted "go Fightin" Blue Hens" to that Woodstock riff. The other riff that got played during the 70's was from the Chicago Transit Authority. Worked well into the rhythm of the Wing T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBGyFrHF1eU
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Northeast wind this evening...winds lessening as the Low (made landfall in the Carolinas) weakens and the High (located up to the northeast) moves farther off the coast. Winds during tailgating will be higher than later in the game.

As several folks have said, it might not be raining during parts of the game. Depends on the inconsistent bands as they come through.

However, winds will still be from the northeast around 15-20mph at game time, with higher gusts. The stadium is aligned North-South, with a slight tilt to the Northwest. Wind will be coming from the direction of the baseball field, but will swirl once they hit the stadium. West seated fans will have the wind in their face (left cheeks). Best seats might be below the old press box (funny, I was there several times this spring, but can't remember if that thing is still there) or in Sections K, L and M...shielded from direct winds.
l
Punting will be an adventure...Let's Get Ready to Fummmmmmble!!!!

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Knowing this was in the forecast all week, we all have confidence the coaches factored this into the offensive gameplan right?

Right?