St Francis

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Re: St Francis

Post by 77HEN »

#3 Marker not seen in warmups. In order 14, 10, 4, 16
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

As I posted elsewhere, the Camels are for real and over the HUMP :wink:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Watching W&M versus Charleston Southern. Halftime band playing Steppenwolf, Born to Be Wild.

8-7.

CSU has 16 total yards…all on the ground. W&M has 195 yards.

CSU’s points came on a kickoff return after W&M opening drive FG. W&M kicked in another FG and they got a Safety on a play where they could have had a TD.

If the Tribe can get out of their own way, it is just a matter of time before the dam breaks and they win going away.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

tenn hen wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:32 pm As I posted elsewhere, the Camels are for real and over the HUMP :wink:
How so? Campbell's resume has hardly been stellar so far. They lost at home by two scores to the only ranked team they've played so far.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Predicting the black uniforms coming Saturday vs. UNH.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Six unanswered touchdowns? No.

Six straight touchdowns? Yes.

Do better SI staffers.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:17 am Six unanswered touchdowns? No.

Six straight touchdowns? Yes.

Do better SI staffers.
An even better gaffe was on the GameDay Programs they handed out yesterday. If you look at the St Francis Roster page, where the Coaches are listed it's actually the RICHMOND staff on there.

Last week they counted our 1968 game vs Indiana PA as a former Big Ten opponent. Need to do better
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

I know some UR fans that would like to lose their coaches!
#JUST WIN
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:16 pm
tenn hen wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:32 pm As I posted elsewhere, the Camels are for real and over the HUMP :wink:
How so? Campbell's resume has hardly been stellar so far. They lost at home by two scores to the only ranked team they've played so far.
good morning BG- I commented at the release of our 2023 CAA schedule last year that this team would be no pushover. Their record this season is a valid example they have arrived as a challenge at our FCS level. Their roster is starting to look interesting, especially the ability of their former HC to recruit nationally(specifically Florida kids) as well as utilizing the transfer portal. I'm in no way believing they are going to win an NC but the arrow appears to be heading in the right direction under Minter. When we face them it may turn into a good indication of where RC and our Blue Hens are heading.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

tenn hen wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:30 am
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:16 pm
good morning BG- I commented at the release of our 2023 CAA schedule last year that this team would be no pushover. Their record this season is a valid example they have arrived as a challenge at our FCS level. Their roster is starting to look interesting, especially the ability of their former HC to recruit nationally(specifically Florida kids) as well as utilizing the transfer portal. I'm in no way believing they are going to win an NC but the arrow appears to be heading in the right direction under Minter. When we face them it may turn into a good indication of where RC and our Blue Hens are heading.
i think this week will be a good indicator, UNH aint no joke.
Los Angeles Harballers
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

tenn hen wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:30 amI commented at the release of our 2023 CAA schedule last year that this team would be no pushover. Their record this season is a valid example they have arrived as a challenge at our FCS level.
Two wins against very weak competition and a double-digit - albeit reasonably competitive - loss at home to a ranked FCS team. I remain highly skeptical of this would-be burgeoning FCS powerhouse; however, the sub-division FCS may be at its lowest competitive level in about 40 years. Anything's possible, or the Soup Company could very well have 4 or 5 more losses on the remaining schedule.
Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:51 am Predicting the black uniforms coming Saturday vs. UNH.
UGGHH
“I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.”― Henry James
Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:50 am a double-digit - albeit reasonably competitive - loss at home to a ranked FCS team.
What game was that?

63-7 is competitive?

Maybe in Jai Alai
“I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.”― Henry James
Attila the Hen

Post by Attila the Hen »

Section J wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:57 pm
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:50 am a double-digit - albeit reasonably competitive - loss at home to a ranked FCS team.
What game was that?

63-7 is competitive?

Maybe in Jai Alai
I think he's referring to the Camels. My first impression of Campbell is a poor man's Miami Hurricanes. Lots of athletes and talent and a lot of trash talking and swagger. But nowhere near the Hurricanes' defense. They've been inconsistent and i suspect they will continue to be inconsistent.