Just back from Not-So-Happy Valley...

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Re: Just back from Not-So-Happy Valley...

Post by HensRock »

Cluck U wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:34 pm Early punts sucked. He punted well as the game went on.
2nd punt was the only one that truly "sucked", in my opinion.

1st was average or maybe below average. I was underwhelmed after hearing all the hype.
2nd - PSU got a piece of it and/or Kost was hit as he kicked it. Not Kost's fault as he did not have time & room.
3rd punt was a beauty! Nice spiral and it turned over. PSU returner did not back-pedal - he had to turn and RUN back to get to it. Unfortunately this is the one that did not count as PSU jumped offside and gave us a 1st down.
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
Maineroad

Re: Just back from Not-So-Happy Valley...

Post by Maineroad »

I work with a guy who was recruited by Delaware in the 50's, and eventually went on to play at Army. I guess he hasn't been paying much attention, because he called me yesterday and asked what in the world had happened to Delaware football. I didn't know where to start, but did tell him it's pretty clear that if the school doesn't get something sorted out soon, they'll find themselves losing to Jacksonville and Sacred Heart.