WR position best ever at Delaware?

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Re: WR position best ever at Delaware?

Post by 77HEN »

Jaxhen1 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:09 pm
Roger_Podacter wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:52 pm There’s only 1 football to go around on game day.
True, but it’s nice to have quality depth in case of an unfortunate injury in the WR or RB group.
Yes, and with the clock rule change, there are fewer plays for touches. Coach told us there are fewer plays per game now. A large stable is good but if some are left out they now have a readily accessible portal to find new opportunity. So……………
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Continuing on with Part 2

#5 Joshua Youngblood another grad student transfer via K State and Rutgers - well I’m sure we’ve all seen the sensational special teams play from 2019 Kansas State but honestly, he hasn’t done much at the wide receiver position in his collegiate career, I’m sure Carty will find ways to get him the ball and let his natural talent take over. We might have a special player here. His calling might be kick off returns.

#2 JoJo Bermudez - sophomore transferred from Cincinnati. He’s here because he’s fast not sure if we’re going to see him or not on Thursday night. His New Jersey high school stats are spectacular and has anybody noticed that our Coach really likes the Jersey boys…

# 80 Phil Lutz - the great experiment, another graduate student, and another New Jersey kid. When I heard we were getting yet another wide receiver transfer even I said another wide receiver??? When you watch his D3 he looks great but of course that was Division III and it’s very interesting to see how the D3 All American is going to translate to the FCS. Something tells me he’s gonna have his moments and who knows, maybe he even better than Brett Buckman was… 39 receptions will be hard for him to replicate though. I’m interested to see what he does after he catches the ball.

#20 Ja’Carree Kelly True Fr out of Gainesville Florida, the same Gainesville that Michael Johnson was from. Some of our keen practice observers (Henjohn/MP) have commented on his speed. With so many receivers in the mix maybe will see him for 3 or 4 games this year and he will get a red shirt.

#15 James Collins senior Delaware boy who has contributed the last few years. He adds depth and experience to the wide receivers

while doing this I noticed that it’s going to be important to restock as most of these guys are only going to be here this year.

So this can really be a special group and whoever the quarterback is, it’s been said that we’re going to see both tomorrow night, he is very lucky to have this collection of talent

Let’s whip Stony Brook and get this season started right
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Henzone wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:29 pm
77HEN wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:24 pm
Henzone wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:20 pm Largest group of wide receivers ever is the only sure thing going into tomorrow's game. If our OL & RB's don't block and we don't have a running game it won't matter if Jerry Rice is jumping up and down in the end zone. Save that stupid question for November.
Does anyone wonder how GoHens gets so childish sometimes? How does it get that way?
I agree the question was childish, stupid and provocative.

If it had been asked yesterday at the luncheon he would have been laughed out of the room.
The people that do the game notes don’t think it’s so funny

From the game notes

1,000 AND COUNTING

Delaware will have a lot of talent lining up at wide receiver this season, with an unprecedented five receivers on the roster that enter the season with more than 1,000 career receiving yards.

Jordan Townsend - 1,001 yards; Delaware

Kym Wimberly - 1,063 yards; Harvard

Jalyn Witcher - 1,157 yards; Delaware/Presbyte

Chandler Harvin - 1,589 yards; Delaware/Sam Houston St

Phil Lutz - 2,256 yards; Tufts
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:56 pm
Henzone wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:29 pm
77HEN wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:24 pm

Does anyone wonder how GoHens gets so childish sometimes? How does it get that way?
I agree the question was childish, stupid and provocative.

If it had been asked yesterday at the luncheon he would have been laughed out of the room.
The people that do the game notes don’t think it’s so funny

From the game notes

1,000 AND COUNTING

Delaware will have a lot of talent lining up at wide receiver this season, with an unprecedented five receivers on the roster that enter the season with more than 1,000 career receiving yards.

Jordan Townsend - 1,001 yards; Delaware

Kym Wimberly - 1,063 yards; Harvard

Jalyn Witcher - 1,157 yards; Delaware/Presbyte

Chandler Harvin - 1,589 yards; Delaware/Sam Houston St

Phil Lutz - 2,256 yards; Tufts
Daaaaaayum!

:shock:

Once again, Caribbe proves to be smarter and better informed than our resident Scrooge. :lol:

Facts.

Keep it up, Caribbe. Your observations are welcome additions…and they have certainly been more accurate than the empty proclamations and ridiculous observations from one of our Lost Decade’s leading rah-rah trumpeters.

Onward to Carty’s 9th win as our Head Coach!

Woot!
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

dovetail wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:56 pm Best WR class ever. Big unproven question. Do we have QB’s that can get the ball to them?
Yes

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:55 pm
dovetail wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:56 pm Best WR class ever. Big unproven question. Do we have QB’s that can get the ball to them?
Yes
Uh huh. I have liked O’Conner since first seeing him. He is decisive and positive with pretty quick release at times.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UDPat wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:04 pm
Henzone wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:56 pm We may indeed have some outstanding talent at WR but somebody add up the amount of catches they have wearing a Delaware jersey and then rethink the best ever suggestion BEFORE they play their 1st game in 2023. It's just silly. I hope that dream comes true but I'd settle for just Conti & Elliott at WR . (1998)
You are 100% correct

Haven't played one game????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is comical.
One game in the books!

Delaware finally has the talent at WR that I’ve been dreaming about for years

Really, I don’t understand why a few are so against Delaware having good players

Let’s enjoy watching their talent this season because this group is special

UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:40 pm
Henzone wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:56 pm We may indeed have some outstanding talent at WR but somebody add up the amount of catches they have wearing a Delaware jersey and then rethink the best ever suggestion BEFORE they play their 1st game in 2023. It's just silly. I hope that dream comes true but I'd settle for just Conti & Elliott at WR . (1998)
You are 100% correct

This is comical.
One game in the books!

Really, I don’t understand why a few are so against Delaware having good players

Carib,

Don't put words in my mouth. You're basing that after one game against a pathetic team.

No one is against good players, so get a clue!!!!!!

I'd prefer to wait a few games before I declare anything the GOAT!!!!

It's called being real!!! I truly do hope the mud you slung sticks. That's all you have done.
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UDPat wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:04 am

You are 100% correct

This is comical.
One game in the books!

Carib,

Don't put words in my mouth. You're basing that after one game against a pathetic team.

It's called being real!!! I truly do hope the mud you slung sticks. That's all you have done.
“On paper I think you can make a strong case for this being the best overall group of WR talent ever assembled in Newark.”

That’s what I said, I didn’t declare anything and just brought it up for discussion

I never said any of these receivers were better than Conti, I’m talking about them as a collective group

The mudslinger is your little buddy, and you obviously have some in your eyes because you couldn’t even read what I said before you ran on here and publicly smooched his backside

You got something right though, Stony Brook is a bad football team, so I’m taking everything I saw last night with a grain of salt

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

I swear…some of you will argue about the sky being blue. All Carib did was pose a question for the group about the potential of this current WR group. That’s it and that’s all. He didn’t make any declarations, defame Conti, or insist that a Jerry Rice clone is on the current roster. Can’t people have an opinion without the personal attacks??? Relax already…
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Wow, just amazed at how some are just looking for a reason to jump down Caribbean's throat. He posed it as a question and framed it with some information to at least make you think and to monitor this year. Last night was some evidence of that. I simply read it as a statement of Potential.
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

HENJOHN wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:54 am Wow, just amazed at how some are just looking for a reason to jump down Caribbean's throat. He posed it as a question and framed it with some information to at least make you think and to monitor this year. Last night was some evidence of that. I simply read it as a statement of Potential.
Not amazed anymore HJ. It is more of the same. And it’s not just about going after CH. One guy has done what he’s done forever and now he has a side kick and full time defender. I can enjoy the win and the info CH provides and block out the noise.
Super Chicken
UD Class: 1900

Post by Super Chicken »

I have been silent for a long time. Mostly it is because of the endless infighting and general negativity about our beloved Blue Hen football program. I do not understand how a forum that is supposed to be "respectful" and keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal" has denigrated into this childish level. Even more unbelievable to me is it that it is being generated by some of the most knowledgeable people on the board.

Carib is one of our most hardworking and thought provoking posters and has been for many years. He does positive reviews like this one to create interest and enthusiasm for the program. He almost always tries to be positive. It is only recently that he has been pulled into defending himself and when he has to, he does it with Humor and Class. I am not sure I can say that about his current antagonists.

In conclusion, I am asking that we try and lower the temperature on the board for awhile and cut down on this insufferable bickering over former and present coaches and players. I would love to see Conte and Elliot on the field again because they were so exciting and great. This thread did not attack them. It was only a positive review of the current receivers on our team!

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:00 am

One game in the books!

Carib,

“On paper I think you can make a strong case for this being the best overall group of WR talent ever assembled in Newark.”

That’s what I said, I didn’t declare anything and just brought it up for discussion

I never said any of these receivers were better than Conti, I’m talking about them as a collective group

The mudslinger is your little buddy, and you obviously have some in your eyes because you couldn’t even read what I said before you ran on here and publicly smooched his backside

You got something right though, Stony Brook is a bad football team, so I’m taking everything I saw last night with a grain of salt
Great response, Caribbe.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Cluck U wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:46 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:00 am

Carib,

Great response, Caribbe.
I agree, that the hens are loaded at both the WR & RB positions!

As the Great Andy Reid once said: “Enjoy the Win! Go have a ham sandwich!”
#JustWinBaby