Stony Brook

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henzone

Re: Stony Brook

Post by Henzone »

Hensfansince03 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:56 pm
Udforever1 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:37 pm https://twitter.com/DSNsports/status/16 ... 9947823418

Could just be Coach speak, but QB starter still undecided, will probably see both.
Worried. Was hoping one would leap ahead of the other. Usually if you don’t have a clear number one you really don’t have anyone. Hopefully one stands out in real game situations. Reminds me of 2008 after Flacco left. No starter was named as we had no one good.
“I honestly probably think you’ll see a little bit of both of them at some point during the game,” said Carty. “I think both of them have done things that would warrant being the starting quarterback during this camp and during the offseason.

“I also think both of them are capable, talent-wise, and certainly mentally.” RC 8/23
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

From Kevin T today.......

Center Brock Gingrich, linebacker Dillon Trainer and defensive linemen Ethan Saunders and Chase McGowan were named team captains Thursday . . . Highly regarded former Harvard standout Khali Dawsey is practicing and seeing time at cornerback for Delaware now that his graduate transfer is finalized . . . Wide receiver Chandler Harvin and defensive linemen McGowan and Jack Hall, who've been sidelined during preseason camp, are expected to play at Stony Brook . . . Freshman safety K.T. Seay has seen first-team duty in preseason. Seay, who finished high school early and was here in the spring, "has a nose for the ball and can tackle in open space," safeties coach Art Link said. "When we've done scrimmages and it's time to go tackle someone and get into some high-intensity situations, his eyes get big, he gets excited.'' . . . Other freshmen pushing for playing time include linebacker Gavin Moul and defensive backs Hasson Manning and Anthony Crenshaw . . . The Blue Hen Touchdown Club's first weekly luncheon is Tuesday at the Carpenter Center with athletic director Chrissi Rawak speaking. Doors open at 11 a.m. for the noon program.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Hensfansince03 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:56 pm
Udforever1 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:37 pm https://twitter.com/DSNsports/status/16 ... 9947823418

Could just be Coach speak, but QB starter still undecided, will probably see both.
Worried. Was hoping one would leap ahead of the other. Usually if you don’t have a clear number one you really don’t have anyone. Hopefully one stands out in real game situations. Reminds me of 2008 after Flacco left. No starter was named as we had no one good.
I hear what you’re saying but Sacramento State had great success playing 2 Quarterbacks last year so who knows
Call me crazy but I think Carty had this planned the whole time

https://skylinesportsmt.com/sacramento- ... rterbacks/

“When Asher O’Hara decided to transfer from Middle Tennessee State after the 2020 season, his strongest FBS interest came from UConn and UMass — or UCan’t and UMess, as the New England schools are referred to
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Roger_Podacter
UD Class: 1995

Post by Roger_Podacter »

Hens win by 14 to 17 points!!
Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 »

Nice article offering a preview of what we can expect in the NJ today. KT mentioned our LB transfer Jackson Taylor is potentially good enough to be a pro prospect, our OL looks to be improved, kicking game will be much improved, Keyshawn Hunter looks to be a great player for us at NT, our WR group is the deep with players good enough to start for our opponents deep on the depth chart, we go from two all CAA players at safety to potentially a true freshman KT Seay starting with several other true freshman rotating in on defense, and both QBs will play (don't know if this is a good or bad thing).

IT appears our secondary and linebacking Corps is going to be a work in progress as we start the season. Which is where most of our experience and talent on D has been in the recent past. Our O is going to need to score points with the D coming along and that is going to be determined by if our QBs turn out to be any good. Everyone thinks we will be OK at QB but we will not know until we see them perform in an actual game. If OL is improved this will make them both look better.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Nice recap 03

I’m liking Kelvin KT Seay already, looks like he plays with attitude

Getting lots of mentions, obviously he’s green but being here in the spring is going to get him on the field early

I think Carty has done a nice job “on paper” fixing the holes where the rain could get in… whoops my mind was wandering ….

anyway with so many new players on D I’ll probably be holding my breath first few plays
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Attila the Hen

Post by Attila the Hen »

Hens by at least 3 scores. Hens are much better and Stony much worse than previous trips to LI.
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

I’m a bit nervous about how the defense will do early on but new faces don’t necessarily mean inexperience. Hall, McGowan, Davis, and Ware have considerable playing experience in our system. Taylor, Herring, and Dawsey have lots of experience playing on other teams. Trainer and Vandamia have some playing experience and have been in our system for several years. Backup safety Rose has some playing experience and has been in our system for several years. Backup LB Mulumba has considerable playing experience albeit on another team. Avoiding miscommunication mistakes will be key early on.
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

Hens roll 35-17
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Jaxhen1 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:05 pm I’m a bit nervous about how the defense will do early on but new faces don’t necessarily mean inexperience. Hall, McGowan, Davis, and Ware have considerable playing experience in our system. Taylor, Herring, and Dawsey have lots of experience playing on other teams. Trainer and Vandamia have some playing experience and have been in our system for several years. Backup safety Rose has some playing experience and has been in our system for several years. Backup LB Mulumba has considerable playing experience albeit on another team. Avoiding miscommunication mistakes will be key early on.
THIS.

I have been told by the players that the communication is going well and they are happy with their speed and physicality on D.

The only issue I have is if we can hold our own up front…against power running teams. Luckily, we don’t face many of those types of teams.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Jaxhen1 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:05 pm I’m a bit nervous about how the defense will do early on but new faces don’t necessarily mean inexperience. Hall, McGowan, Davis, and Ware have considerable playing experience in our system. Taylor, Herring, and Dawsey have lots of experience playing on other teams. Trainer and Vandamia have some playing experience and have been in our system for several years. Backup safety Rose has some playing experience and has been in our system for several years. Backup LB Mulumba has considerable playing experience albeit on another team. Avoiding miscommunication mistakes will be key early on.
Good analysis and observations
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

agree with Jax and HJ. I'm curious who will be playing on the special teams. The depth chart leaves a lot of talent who may find their PT limited so I expect we'll get to see lots of quality players involved in that important element of winning football. Special teams require covering all lanes on kickoffs, punt returns, and protecting our kicking guys. They better be practiced up, understand their roles, and eliminate costly mistakes.

Hoping our TV production as well as our opponents improve their coverage this season. I assume our athletic department will kick it up a few notches from past history. Expecting replays will be provided QUICKLY and the cameras will follow the plays/ball all the way and not leave us hanging with the outcome of a pass play or other action unseen.

I'm cautiously optimistic based on our talent. Since we have been furnished miniscule video of our team this preseason, I still don't have a clue about our O or D cohesiveness, their drive, personalities, leadership, etc. The NFL provides preseason for its fans to gain some insight into what to expect. We've got pretty close to ZIP- frankly, it sucks. Have you locals voiced your unhappiness with our AD? KT must be "up the wall" seeking any tidbits of info. :wink:

After Stony Brook, the genie will be out of the bottle. I'm WISHING for a successful UD season :)
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan »

Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent
Twitter @DanSteenkamer
Instagram | dansteenkamer.fcs
University of Delaware '25 via Syracuse University

2022 GoHens FCS Playoff Pick-'em Pool Champion
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

Great article with some good video/audio, Dan! Thanks.
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Nice work, Dan…as always. Lots of questions, but we certainly have a good number of options on paper. Staying hopeful that this will be a playoff season.