Stony Brook 4/13

Discussion of Men's & Women's Lacrosse.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Lacrosse to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: Stony Brook 4/13

Post by Cluck U »

Info Hound wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:11 am CAA confirmed that Towson will host the tournament.
That is disappointing.

Where is the incentive to win the regular season?

Definitely a bummer that we only had 5 home games this year…was hoping we’d host the playoffs to get some extra games.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Thought the tourney would be at the home of the regular season champ. This sucks. I guess the CAA isn’t going to allow any favors for outgoing UD.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Henny wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:32 pm I give Stony a ton of credit for never giving up. What seemed like an insurmountable lead became three goals with around four minutes left. Let’s forget the whole second half ever happened.
True. They have made big comebacks in each of our last few games.

Good seeing you…small world that you knew my neighbor.

Next time come hungry. :D
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

77HEN wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:44 am Thought the tourney would be at the home of the regular season champ. This sucks. I guess the CAA isn’t going to allow any favors for outgoing UD.
Well, at least we can be named the regular season champion, and play for the tourney championship.

JMU was not afforded that in their exit.

But, agreed, I was hoping that we could host. Let's just win the whole damned thing.
#JUST WIN
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

I thought the game changed at face offs. UD dominated in the first half but it flipped in the second half. 37 Morris? did the best but they rotated two other guys in. Wonder if it was an injury or he was in the doghouse…
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

bluehenbillk wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 am I thought the game changed at face offs. UD dominated in the first half but it flipped in the second half. 37 Morris? did the best but they rotated two other guys in. Wonder if it was an injury or he was in the doghouse…
Our starter had 3 face off violations. Any more violations would have resulted in a penalty and us being a man down. Thus, we had to switch up our face off guy.

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Thanks
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Not sure how much 10stone5 knows but he's saying A10

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=498&start=2680
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Henny wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am Not sure how much 10stone5 knows but he's saying A10

That seems like a reasonable solution. They have only six current members, and our addition would certainly strengthen them. Their top three, St. Joe's, UMass would be good opponents. The worst member, St. Bonaventure, is somewhat better than the CAA clunker, Hampton.

There would still be (I would hope), OOC opportunities with Towson, Drexel, Hofstra. Or, forget Hofstra (and Stony Brook) and totally avoid travel to Long Island. I would call that a "plus"!

edit: No disrespect intended to our best lax poster!
#JUST WIN
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Henny wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am Not sure how much 10stone5 knows but he's saying A10

10Stone5 has been following the Hens for years on that thread. A10 does make the most realistic sense.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Back in the top 20!
Attachments
IMG_2645.jpeg (393.71 KiB) Viewed 192 times
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

I wonder if Towson is that much better. We will see.