Hens Offseason

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDPat

Re: Hens Offseason

Post by UDPat »

UDHoops wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:55 pm Also wanted to shout out DaveB for sharing the original commitment post to me, love talking hoops!
He's a great guy that I miss on the boards. But we do communicate via text.

Great basketball mind
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

finpxz1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:41 pm Looks like a nice pickup for MI and staff. Now let’s go get some size and physicality in the post. And some more 3 point shooters!!! No time to lick your wounds over Davis and Drumgoole. Time to get to work!!!
I love your enthusiasm and sense of urgency! I absolutely agree that we need a transfer big. But I also think that:

1. MI and staff learned their lesson trying too hard to hang onto Andrew Carr. MI even admitted as such. So I don’t think they are licking their wounds.

2. We’ve been to linked to 14 transfer players at this time. 6 point guards, 4 shooting guards, 3 wings, and one big (power forward). The only reason we know of these players is because they have released the information through their social media or other social media. My point is there are probably many more transfers that MI and staff have contacted but we don’t know about.

3. In a Delaware online interview a couple of weeks ago, MI stated that he was looking for a big, a shooting guard, and two point guards. At that time some questioned his math because we only had 3 scholarships available. Now we have 4 left after the addition of freshman shooting guard Pasha.

4. MI and staff certainly know more about the current recruiting world than we do. How successful they are though remains to be seen. Hoping for the best!
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Zion Bethea has entered the portal: https://x.com/SSN_BlueHens/status/1777730090249646487
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

another wasted scholarship- will never-performed Moss declare? will Reilly hang on? will the Emory brothers(not Everley :wink: ) be with us in 24-25? or any others I haven't mentioned?

it feels like most are leaving a sinking ship :oops: for all involved-UD, present returnees, coaches, administration. I expect the response to these facts will be that this is all the portal's fault and everybody does it so don't get bent out of shape. bs!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

Maybe Dan S. can write an article in the review soon and report on our situation(transfers in and out,etc) for the BB-M&W teams.
With so many returning athletes probably gone from the bball teams, I assume there should/might be some rumors to report. Many schools are signing players. I don't expect the top players will choose us for the obvious reasons such as NIL and our present limited reputation. Still, MI and SJ need to give us fans some hope for next season. Ticket sales must be close to cold presently. asking for a close friend :wink:
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

Dan Steenkamer reports on X that 5-10 shooting guard Ella Wanzer has committed to UD WBB. A grad transfer from Binghamton with 2 years of eligibility.
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

mpwerrell wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:54 am Dan Steenkamer reports on X that 5-10 shooting guard Ella Wanzer has committed to UD WBB. A grad transfer from Binghamton with 2 years of eligibility.
Are players who commit to basketball like football? Do they then need to sign an NLI to be officially locked in to the institution till the next season?
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

tenn hen wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:06 am
mpwerrell wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:54 am Dan Steenkamer reports on X that 5-10 shooting guard Ella Wanzer has committed to UD WBB. A grad transfer from Binghamton with 2 years of eligibility.
Are players who commit to basketball like football? Do they then need to sign an NLI to be officially locked in to the institution till the next season?
Yes.
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

figured so. thanks
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen »

hire a new coach. MI has proven to not be the guy....
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 am hire a new coach. MI has proven to not be the guy....
I suggest you start a gofundme page to pay off the 5 years remaining on the contract, 2.6M or so.
Attachments
IMG_6573.jpeg
IMG_6573.jpeg (109.17 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Last edited by Hengrad07 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#JustWinBaby
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 am hire a new coach. MI has proven to not be the guy....
He might be the perfect Mid Major Coach??????

I think that is how UD sees it???
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

Can't imagine MI being the perfect mid major coach except possibly at UD which I assume your post implied It follows the established unwritten policy of Dave Nelson that FOOTBALL is #1 here. The extension given to MI perfectly follows based on his limited success over 8 years. :lol: :roll: :oops: :( :wink:
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

I have pointed the 3 or 4 reasons in another thread,
I am not looking for it.

But I think it's an fairly accurate statement.
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen »

Hengrad07 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:01 pm
I suggest you start a gofundme page to pay off the 5 years remaining on the contract, 2.6M or so.
a guy who has been at UD this long with little to moderate success is not who we should be aspiring to....he's bee here 9 years with barely above .500 record and one CAA title. he's not the guy...