2024 Schedule

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Re: 2024 Schedule

Post by Hens79 »

Udforever1 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:36 am
BlueHenBobby wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:57 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:02 pm

$ 200 a game? You could just charter a helicopter to drop you off on the 50… :idea:
My parking for the Lafayette playoff game was $147. My regular season parking was $100 per game. $200 in 2026 is not a stretch.
BHB, with all due respect, didn’t we go over this when you copy and pasted your account? Your tickets were $147, parking was still $100 with a $7 service charge for $107.
The “due respect” is starting to run out.

I am taking bets and I will give 10-1 odds that parking will not be $200 for the 2026 season.
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

BlueHenBobby wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:43 pm
Thank you for your post. When I "returned" to UD football games in person about 2008, I was coming back to enjoy the atmosphere which was similar to when I attended Delaware. Even with that it was a steep learning curve to understand where Delaware and FCS football were at that point. Came back in time for the UD self induced "lost decade". While a lot had changed a lot remained the same. Clearly the next few years are going to encompass massive changes. The 2024 schedule will be "limbo" and after that we will start to get real answers to the questions about the move up. We'll see. One thing I'm also waiting to see that I failed to mention earlier is when and how big the price increases for seats and parking will be. I'm betting that by 2026 my seats will be $50 each (or higher) and my parking will be at least double what I pay now hitting $200 a game. While the need for the move up is apparent there is a lot to consider for continuing to be a STH. As for 2024 UD better show big improvement and beat the top teams in the CAA..........
$ 200 a game? You could just charter a helicopter to drop you off on the 50… :idea:
My parking for the Lafayette playoff game was $147. My regular season parking was $100 per game. $200 in 2026 is not a stretch.
Future costs of game tickets and parking is a legitimate concern for some.

May I suggest that you consider buying parking in the Star Campus, Ice Arena lot, the Ag building lot or even the new Amtrak/Septa station lot for $20 per game. If you buy prior to the season you will only pay $18 per game. You do not get a reserved spot but if you come early to tailgate there is never an issue finding parking.

Even if the prices were doubled as you have suggested, your cost would be $40/$36 per game saving you a lot of money.
BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby »

Udforever1 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:36 am

BHB, with all due respect, didn’t we go over this when you copy and pasted your account? Your tickets were $147, parking was still $100 with a $7 service charge for $107.
You are indeed correct. My apologies to all. Should have checked my account before I posted. However the 2023 tickets for the seats went from $30 a seat to a total of $49 per seat for the Lafy game. My newest bill Is $1020 for 2024 season tickets. For 6 games and 4 ST's that now comes to $42.50 per seat a 42% increase. Parking has remained the same. My bad, but I'll stick by the projection that parking is going to increase- will it be $200? Who knows, but you can bet it will be significantly higher than $100. The elephant in the room here is that whether it is parking or tickets prices for 2026 they will be significantly higher than they are now. Somebody's gotta pay for the schollies, travel, etc.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Has anybody else gotten their season ticket renewal offering?
I must have missed it, as I am only seeing the $25 per seat deposit request at this time.
#JUST WIN
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Info Hound wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:15 pm Has anybody else gotten their season ticket renewal offering?
I must have missed it, as I am only seeing the $25 per seat deposit request at this time.
Not yet and my ticket account does not have an invoice or ability to put in a renewal. It’s normally around the BHTC Senior Banquet that renewals come out.

There are no dates posted, but it does indicate that we have 7 home games in 2024.
BlueHenBobby

Post by BlueHenBobby »

jd of de wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:35 pm
Info Hound wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:15 pm Has anybody else gotten their season ticket renewal offering?
Not yet and my ticket account does not have an invoice or ability to put in a renewal. It’s normally around the BHTC Senior Banquet that renewals come out.

There are no dates posted, but it does indicate that we have 7 home games in 2024.
The operative question is how many home games we have in 2024. Will 2024 be a 7 home game season? I opened up both the parking and ticket charges and they both refer to 7 games generically (no opponents listed). If it is actually 7 games then the ticket price is $36.43 per seat. The parking charge lists 7 generic games but only charges for 6 ($600). I suspect a revision when the schedule is formally anounced.
BlueHenBobby

Post by BlueHenBobby »

mpwerrell wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:38 am

Future costs of game tickets and parking is a legitimate concern for some.

May I suggest that you consider buying parking in the Star Campus, Ice Arena lot, the Ag building lot or even the new Amtrak/Septa station lot for $20 per game. If you buy prior to the season you will only pay $18 per game. You do not get a reserved spot but if you come early to tailgate there is never an issue finding parking.

Even if the prices were doubled as you have suggested, your cost would be $40/$36 per game saving you a lot of money.
Thank you. Great suggestion. I currently use Blue VIP parking. I've come to the conclusion that it is nice, but not worth the money. $100 per
game for parking versus $20 should have been a no brainer. Besides that Game Day parking has always been far more entertaining. I'm also rationalizing how many ST's I purchase. I now have 4. Last year my son started coming regularly to games but the fourth ticket was rarely used. It is unclear at this point exactly how many home games we have in 2024- is it 6 or 7? In any event shedding one seat and VIP parking makes renewing more palatable despite the other uncertainties.
Double G

Post by Double G »

Cash in the chips Bobby. You've obviously reached a level of frustration that painfully means you feel you're not getting your bang for your buck. That's your privilege as a long term fan.

Our 2023 Hens beat CAA teams with a combined overall record of 22-43 34% 5 of the 6 had losing records. Of the 3 teams who did have a winning record, we lost to 2 of them.

Maybe you can park at Kates and we can walk in together?
BlueHenBobby

Post by BlueHenBobby »

Double G wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:56 pm Cash in the chips Bobby. You've obviously reached a level of frustration that painfully means you feel you're not getting your bang for your buck. That's your privilege as a long term fan.

Our 2023 Hens beat CAA teams with a combined overall record of 22-43 34% 5 of the 6 had losing records. Of the 3 teams who did have a winning record, we lost to 2 of them.

Kates is a little far up. Gameday parking near the Creamery is more like it. Stop in at our tailgate on the way down. One of my biggest concerns about the FBS move is exactly your point. Is the program ready for it- on the field and off. Based on what I have seen and heard there was likely not a long term plan for this and it encompasses all sports. How long did JMU plan for it and upgrade their performance on the field- I would say at least a decade. I don't see that here. Will the future be worth how much I am currently spending on UD Football? We'll have a better idea after 2026. Meantime I am leaning toward renewing my ST minus 1 or 2 seats and going back to game day parking. Cuts my investment almost in half to well under a grand and I still get to see UD football.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

BlueHenBobby wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:26 pm
Double G wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:56 pm Cash in the chips Bobby. You've obviously reached a level of frustration that painfully means you feel you're not getting your bang for your buck. That's your privilege as a long term fan.

Kates is a little far up. Gameday parking near the Creamery is more like it. Stop in at our tailgate on the way down. One of my biggest concerns about the FBS move is exactly your point. Is the program ready for it- on the field and off. Based on what I have seen and heard there was likely not a long term plan for this and it encompasses all sports. How long did JMU plan for it and upgrade their performance on the field- I would say at least a decade. I don't see that here. Will the future be worth how much I am currently spending on UD Football? We'll have a better idea after 2026. Meantime I am leaning toward renewing my ST minus 1 or 2 seats and going back to game day parking. Cuts my investment almost in half to well under a grand and I still get to see UD football.
CR said the program will be making money in 2025. With 700K in TV $, 22 more full scholarship & all the additional travel, the money needs to come from somewhere…
#JustWinBaby
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Hengrad07 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:36 pm
BlueHenBobby wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:26 pm

CR said the program will be making money in 2025. With 700K in TV $, 22 more full scholarship & all the additional travel, the money needs to come from somewhere…
How much will the UD FBS team collect going to Boulder and playing in Buff’s stadium? Way back when, I ran my first 10K at the high elevation in Boulder (Bolder Boulder 10K) and crossed the finish line in their stadium. At that time, along the 10K route, there were lots of protests about big pharma giving kids drugs, now it’s celebrated and even demanded. My, how the times have changed.
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Anyone hear rumors floating of a Blue Hen trip to South Bend this fall? The Irish have one open date to fill either October 5, November 2 or 23….
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

bluehenbillk wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:07 pm Anyone hear rumors floating of a Blue Hen trip to South Bend this fall? The Irish have one open date to fill either October 5, November 2 or 23….
Nothing I ve heard but it would be a great place to see a game. I was there in '97 and 2000. Great venue if you ever get a chance to go
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Was talking to a Notre Dame fan yesterday. The thought is one of those open dates (probably Nov. 23) is going to be vs. Army at Yankee Stadium. However, Army has 14 schools listed as potential 2024 games on this normally reliable site, not including the Irish.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/army/
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail »

I can't recall the last time ND played an FCS team.