womens bball

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

womens bball

Post by tenn hen »

Today at 2:00 We are 3-3 presently

Duquesne who is ranked #120 v UD #181. Looks from their results that Duq. is a reasonably good women's team.
I've noticed after viewing ALL our games that there is liitle to zero interest in this program. They continue to play inconsistent bball still utilizing Jenkins uptempo O approach. This is causing too many TOs each game. They need to be more selective in that regard if they are not winning without those TOs.
FYI-
Cousins has shown a lot of improvement in her game which is somewhat of a pleasant surprise. She is a hard worker and involved significantly in more than just UD bball.
Wilson is playing hard and scoring well. As I posted when she was initially recruited from FDU, Cloe has an issue with TOs that needs to be addressed.
Other new additions posses reasonably strong talent offensively that should make us successful if they can be utilized without the same issue-TOs- did I post TOs'
Hoping SJ can make some adjustments. We may not have a great OOC record, but we have the kids to win the CAA as only Stony Brook and Towson are ranked above us. The caveat with my post is that I haven't and won't view any of the CAA teams until we face them during the regular season. If history repeats itself with the CAA, we'll win loads of these games and finish with a winning record for the season. Personally I'd like a stronger women's team since this sport is one that mid majors can be quite successful' Just check out the rankings for this year and previous years.

Good Luck Lady Hens from one of your BH fans
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

Re: womens bball

Post by tenn hen »

caught the last 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter( I still don't understand the reasoning to use quarters in the woman's game). Duquesne looks pathetic. They are poorly coached with little( as well as slow) movement. We are playing with an impressive quality 7-2 A-TO. This UD play is certainly due in some part to the awful Duquesne effort. We appear to do what we want at will.
Massey ratings don't reflect the 2 team's performance. Sometimes the eyeball is sharper than the statistical experts numbers.

Second half should begin soon. This should be a cupcake for our Ladies
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

Nice win on the road for the Lady Hens (74-57). Cousins has really improved her game significantly. She scored 23 points (9 of 11 FG, 3 of 5 from 3 point range, and 2 of 2 from the free throw line). She’s averaging 21.2 points over her last five games.
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Jaxhen1 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:23 pm Nice win on the road for the Lady Hens (74-57). Cousins has really improved her game significantly. She scored 23 points (9 of 11 FG, 3 of 5 from 3 point range, and 2 of 2 from the free throw line). She’s averaging 21.2 points over her last five games.
Tara Cousins looked solid, under control. Very impressive. Her leadership could take this team far.
#JUST WIN
UDHoops
UD Class: 2023

Post by UDHoops »

Will be a test Thursday night hosting 7-0 Old Dominion
Twitter: @SSN_BlueHens
Feathers and Field Goals Podcast: https://feathersandfieldgoals.podbean.com/
Class of 2023
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail »

An old nemesis.
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

tenn hen wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:46 am Today at 2:00 We are 3-3 presently

Duquesne who is ranked #120 v UD #181. Looks from their results that Duq. is a reasonably good women's team.
I've noticed after viewing ALL our games that there is liitle to zero interest in this program. They continue to play inconsistent bball still utilizing Jenkins uptempo O approach. This is causing too many TOs each game. They need to be more selective in that regard if they are not winning without those TOs.
FYI-
Cousins has shown a lot of improvement in her game which is somewhat of a pleasant surprise. She is a hard worker and involved significantly in more than just UD bball.
Wilson is playing hard and scoring well. As I posted when she was initially recruited from FDU, Cloe has an issue with TOs that needs to be addressed.
Other new additions posses reasonably strong talent offensively that should make us successful if they can be utilized without the same issue-TOs- did I post TOs'
Hoping SJ can make some adjustments. We may not have a great OOC record, but we have the kids to win the CAA as only Stony Brook and Towson are ranked above us. The caveat with my post is that I haven't and won't view any of the CAA teams until we face them during the regular season. If history repeats itself with the CAA, we'll win loads of these games and finish with a winning record for the season. Personally I'd like a stronger women's team since this sport is one that mid majors can be quite successful' Just check out the rankings for this year and previous years.

Good Luck Lady Hens from one of your BH fans
tenn hen wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:58 pm caught the last 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter( I still don't understand the reasoning to use quarters in the woman's game). Duquesne looks pathetic. They are poorly coached with little( as well as slow) movement. We are playing with an impressive quality 7-2 A-TO. This UD play is certainly due in some part to the awful Duquesne effort. We appear to do what we want at will.
Massey ratings don't reflect the 2 team's performance. Sometimes the eyeball is sharper than the statistical experts numbers.

Second half should begin soon. This should be a cupcake for our Ladies
After yesterday dreadful performance, the Lady Hens dropped 30+ points in Massey to #206 with DSU at 350. reality check. The few posts after the game clearly point out the level of interest in our women's program. I have watched every game this season, and my earlier posted comments haven't changed. I refrained from creating a thread during the DSU game out of curiosity to see if anyone else was viewing or interested enough to comment.

Our losing record this OOC season is disturbing considering the only #100 rated team we played was #63 FGCU who we lost to by 15.
The upcoming CAA season provides only 1 team( #102 Stony Brook) that appears possibly strong?. They lost to MINNESOTA by 13 and defeated Columbia by 12. They defeated DSU by 45. Presently, Towson(#127) appears to be the only other team of interest in our lowly CAA schedule. Not much to look forward to since we SHOULD defeat the other teams based on OOC performance.

so- It appears we've missed the boat with Jenkins as TO city is simply unacceptable especially after last season. The barrage of 3pters has to stop as well. A few of our new recruits show promise but inconsistency is killing their performances. The same is true for a number of our returners from last year. I can only hope that SJ can change her approach and demand accountability. My concern is it's probably too late for this season. Future recruiting needs a focus on strong basketball fundamentals as well coachability of the players.

BTW-I would be remiss not to mention Tara Cousins and compliment her again. She is the lone bright spot to write home about.
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail »

A lot of water gone under the bridge since the EDD years.