Lafayette

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Re: Lafayette

Post by Henny »

Pards Rule wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:41 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:31 pm
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:26 pm Lafayette is not a good football team. They just aren't. I watched what I could stomach of their game with Lehigh. That is some low-quality football in the Patriot League these days. The team that hung with Holy Cross also lost to a very modest Colgate team and barely hung on to beat Sacred Heart.

This one shouldn't be close, if the guys in blue & yellow have any pride at all. I expect a complete turnaround over last week's debacle.
Bluewyn Gold

Recommend you Stick to what you’re up to date on and good at, the FBS campaign. We’ll get into FBS soon enough regardless if you continue to push out your Dailey dose of FCS hate.

Maybe give it a rest while we’re still in the playoffs
Hey Bluewyn where you go? Little bit of a nailbiter huh? Hey I was at both Pard-Hen playoff games and both were nailbiters! Great showing by both teams in both halfs. I ran into many Hens fans after game who said we would have won if DeNobile didnt go down..well thats the breaks. For the record, I didnt want Ryan Shuster in, he isnt good. Much more a fan of AuShaun Davis (#14) who came in and lofted that perfect long pass to TE Dallas Norton (yes great cousin to the Easton Assassin, Larry Holmes) to set up final LC TD. Enjoyed a good game in section K, two rows just behind fellow class of 1984 grad, Bob Sell, now president of LC BOT. I waas the dude waving the stuffed leopard by its tail if anyone saw me. Why is it that ANY home videoscreen CANNOT DEIGN to show unfortunate plays of the homeboys? I wanted to see what was it, the interception over on far sidelines...I think our guy stripped the ball from receiver? A pox on all homer videoscreens. When do we play regular season again? Hey Carrib Hen, always a pleasure to see you on here. BTW I parked free right across from Patterson-Schwartz realty office on Park Ave. Had a good visit with the only tailgate family in that lot I saw going in and returning - one of the guys is a Kutztown grad and former RB for the Golden Bears. They are in D2 playoff so wished them well from a fellow LV school. Glad my username and password still vaild! I have seen two playoff games in Newark, two reg games there and one reg game in Easton. Good luck in Missoula and dress warmly!
Pard, I grew up in that neighborhood and I'm just glad you didn't get towed. There are signs posted on Park Dr. - DO NOT PARK HERE DURING UD HOME GAMES,, LOL glad it worked out!
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
Pards Rule
UD Class: 1900

Post by Pards Rule »

Oh damn Henny - lucky for me!! Damn! Well maybe they dont bother with the Thanksgiving Saturday first round games. I guess I should have polayed it safe and parked next to that nice and only Hen group tailgating at Patterson Schwartz. Aye my car was dead giveaway as I had taped a Lafayette football poster on back window and wrote in maroon paint "Pardmobile", "Go Pards" and "Beat Hens"...So question, does the group which charged a resonable $10 to park at park and ride have OK from DelDOT to do that using their lot? BTW on way back to Long Beach Island, NJ (after dinner at new Kirkwood Diner on Kirkwood Hwy which was Pizza Hut) I got stopped a mere mile from my home. Now, a couple points on this first (CaribbHen you will love this!): I have a very bad chest cold for a good week and a half. Used to sucking the Ludens (but since Im cheap a$$ I buy off brand Dollar General ones) and the cough syrup. Yes I had a bottle of cough syrup at the game. So, Im tired, exhausted and had let me count..5 beers from about 1130 until the stop at 10:30PM. He said I had crossed the dividing line between right lane and the left lane (its a 4 lane road with center turn on Long Beach Blvd). I dont believe him as I saw him spin around and follow me for 40 blocks! OK, slow season. Well he and another unit officer that came put me through the DUI procedure. I passed, not surprisingly. However, I went to a pregame at a UD employee who was Lafayette undergrad when I was there, got UD grad degree and has worked at UD for like 20 years, Bill Harris. He had this special Blue Hen pilsner that I had one at the house before running over to stadium to meet player parents at their tailgate (they love me and the leopard). It was ok and I took one in my car for later. After the game I went to the car saying hi to the Patterson Schwartz folks and talking to themn for 15 minutes. Had a cigar sitting in car and broke open the pilsner to calm my throat cough as I was out of syrup just about. Took two or three sips and was like this isnt good and put it in cupholder and left to Kirkwood Diner and home. That damn Blue Hen beer did get me $250 open container ticket by Long Beach Twp Police! Well thats a day and evening to remember!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Pards Rule

Que up Paul Harvey on that post… wow the rest of the story

Happy to hear your car didn’t get towed and you made it back to Jersey safe …
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Pards Rule wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:41 pmHey Bluewyn where you go? Little bit of a nailbiter huh?
Was at the ball game, sir. Unfortunately for the Lafayettes, American football is four quarters and 60 minutes long. Moral victory for you and your team, I suppose.

As a matter of fact, first game I ever attended was in Easton as a youngster way back in the mid '50s. The two teams had a good rivalry going back then, but not very much since then.

Your team may not be visiting Newark anytime soon but wish you well with future Patriot League endeavors.
Pards Rule

Post by Pards Rule »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:57 pm
Pards Rule wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:41 pmHey Bluewyn where you go? Little bit of a nailbiter huh?
Was at the ball game, sir. Unfortunately for the Lafayettes, American football is four quarters and 60 minutes long. Moral victory for you and your team, I suppose.

As a matter of fact, first game I ever attended was in Easton as a youngster way back in the mid '50s. The two teams had a good rivalry going back then. Not so much since then.

Your team may not be visiting Newark anytime soon but wish you well with future Patriot League endeavors.
Well I was trolling you sayting we were not a good team and wouldnt be a nailbiter finish. Yeah I didnt even feel comfortable at 28-7 TBH vs Hens. Maybe much more with the missed FG. Anyways no disrespect, I dont come that way, just having a little fun. Sad but this could have developed into quite a series as Im feeling 100% John Troxell is the guy to give us an outstanding team in PL. He is only in his 2nd year. Make no mistake, hes not going anywhere as a Lafayette grad and player. Last time we beat Hens (I looked it up) you might have been in Easton on Oct 8, 1960 (before JFK elected) a Pard rout lol, 3-0 win. Yep by a FG.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Pards Rule wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:05 pmLast time we beat Hens (I looked it up) you might have been in Easton on Oct 8, 1960 (before JFK elected) a Pard rout lol, 3-0 win. Yep by a FG.
Don't remember that one, but I'm sure I wasn't there. I was up at Fisher a few times over the years, but the early-to-mid-1950s was the first. I want to say it was '54 or '53. Last time I was there I was a student, so early '70s. Only thing I remember about that experience was the car breaking down in Pottstown, fixing the radiator hose and making to the game right after the half. The game was pretty lopsided by then. The Wing-T ran rampant.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Pards Rule wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:05 pm
Bluewyn Gold wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:57 pm

As a matter of fact, first game I ever attended was in Easton as a youngster way back in the mid '50s. The two teams had a good rivalry going back then. Not so much since then.

Well I was trolling you sayting we were not a good team and wouldnt be a nailbiter finish. Yeah I didnt even feel comfortable at 28-7 TBH vs Hens. Maybe much more with the missed FG. Anyways no disrespect, I dont come that way, just having a little fun. Sad but this could have developed into quite a series as Im feeling 100% John Troxell is the guy to give us an outstanding team in PL. He is only in his 2nd year. Make no mistake, hes not going anywhere as a Lafayette grad and player. Last time we beat Hens (I looked it up) you might have been in Easton on Oct 8, 1960 (before JFK elected) a Pard rout lol, 3-0 win. Yep by a FG.
It appears you have a relatively young team and the coach has done a good job (except for not putting #14 in after the first QB got injured. Thank God). I expect Lafayette will be challenging the Patriot for the next few years, at least.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Pard- I was impressed by your team's performance. I did like their effort and drive in the 1st half(correct that=1st quarter) With all due respect, your staff(I assume HC and OC) made a poor choice with Truster(SP?) rather than #14. I hate to speculate but had #14 come in after your #1 was pulled, I believe you might have scored more and held on for the upset?
A slow pocket passer ain't the path to follow to victory in this day and age. Your lack of DB coverage was dreadful. I'll bet your HC hits the DB/S portal guys bigtime.

thanks for posting and drive safer :wink:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Pards Rule

Post by Pards Rule »

tenn hen wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:15 pm Pard- I was impressed by your team's performance. I did like their effort and drive in the 1st half(correct that=1st quarter) With all due respect, your staff(I assume HC and OC) made a poor choice with Truster(SP?) rather than #14. I hate to speculate but had #14 come in after your #1 was pulled, I believe you might have scored more and held on for the upset?
A slow pocket passer ain't the path to follow to victory in this day and age. Your lack of DB coverage was dreadful. I'll bet your HC hits the DB/S portal guys bigtime.

thanks for posting and drive safer :wink:
Thanks Tenn..I know Coach Troxell will be doing that. He is sharp former Lafayette player. Damn hate to see you folks depart to CUSA