Lafayette

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Re: Lafayette

Post by Henny »

Lafay. has won a bunch of close games this season. Get on em early! Temps in the 40s during the game, UD will run the ball today but we'll be able to chuck it a little as well.
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

sounds like a lot of enthusiasm from you STHs about our clash with the Leopards. I'll be tuned in!

I assume we SHOULD be capable of defeating Laffy without too much difficulty based on comparative scores and Sagarin's ranking of 134 v 184( Massey as well). IME the caveat might come down to TOs as many other variables( such as qb play, game plans for O and D ,etc) will help determine the result. Nothing new here but the result today will help me evaluate this season's performance. Like HR, I'm still withholding my thoughts. I've refrained from posting during games.

BTW- Minicucci may be considered about as experienced/prepared as our other qbs( OC and Marker ) based on his experience with the quality teams Don Bosco NJ competed against. This week's practicing with the 1st team as well as his other PT with us this season should help improve his performance today.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

High school football experience is definitely not equivalent to Division I playing experience. However, working with the first team offense this week should improve his performance from
last week.

Minicucci does not have to have an outstanding performance. Just an average performance and getting the ball to our play makers should be adequate. Avoid the turnovers!
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Only two tailgate groups in Blue VIP as of now.
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Chilly morning!
UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Post by UDFootballFan »

Anyone else nervous about this game?

1) How are we going to respond after last weeks beat down?
2) Can our D step and make plays?
3) Is Minucci going to show some moxy and have a Great game?
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UDFootballFan wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:39 am Anyone else nervous about this game?

Yes some nerves for sure, Lafayette is just a better football team than last years cupcake. I’m thinking they will be a challenge

They beat Holy Cross

Delaware needs to take em right out of the game early and a nice pick 6 could get the Hens and the crowd going
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Caldwell Chicken

Post by Caldwell Chicken »

UDFootballFan wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:39 am Anyone else nervous about this game?

4.) playing a defense that has 35 sacks on the season.
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

I'm a little nervous to be honest. Their defense is good on paper so their game plan should be a no brainer... Stop the run and make the freshman or injured QB throw the ball. If I'm their DC, I'm bringing the house from different looks as much as possible. Players love it because they usually only have one responsibility allowing them to play more aggressively. Should be an interesting game, hopefully Delaware comes out with some intensity and curb stomps them. Go Hens!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:58 am

No doubt they will try and rattle young Minucci early, some dink and dunk to Cumby can offset that, if he plays.
Regardless, will be interesting to see how Minucci reacts to the pass rush, he’s got some Moxy.
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:25 am Only two tailgate groups in Blue VIP as of now.
Money doesn't mean loyalty. :lol:

OK, OK...I kid.

Always tough to get butts in the seats for the payoffs. T-Day travel/family plans, Christmas tree shopping/decorating, people recovering from being mugged, shoved or depressed from Black Friday Walmart shopping...all sorts of impediments to getting to a Blue Hens Thanksgiving weekend football game.

Hope there is a good showing. A nice, loud crowd would be awesome!
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Caldwell Chicken wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:58 am

They got a bunch of those sacks in a couple games...and they seem to have tailed off a bit with their sacks at the end of the season. Still, considering some of our ole Matador showings, we'd better be prepared to move the pocket and get our QBs ready for pressure.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Hens79

Post by Hens79 »

Only 5 cars in front of the field house. Yikes!
Brookside kid hen
UD Class: 1987

Post by Brookside kid hen »

We have never drawn decent crowds for playoff games, for the variety of reasons that others have already stated. But 7500 die hard UD fans can make a lot more noise than 18,000+ of the wine and cheese crowd will ever make!!! So every one of you blue hen maniacs be loud and proud today, I'll be there in spirit with you and GO HENS!!!
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:25 am Only two tailgate groups in Blue VIP as of now.
Now more than a handful. If wind holds off shoukd be decent in East Stands (sunfield)