Game Thread: Elon

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Oldhen

Re: Game Thread: Elon

Post by Oldhen »

72 Hen wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:34 pm We really are a different offense with a running QB. The OL is better and the RB's are better.
And it would have helped keeping the D from being exposed. Really unimpressive
I do whatever the Rice Krispies tell me to do.
Firstand10BlueHens
UD Class: 2005

Post by Firstand10BlueHens »

Any idea what happened to Yarns? Is Marker actually Hurt? Could have used is energy today.
HensRock
Site Admin
UD Class: 1985

Post by HensRock »

Carib, I'm reminded of a certain cliché...
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 »

Hens79 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:34 pm And almost as nauseating as watching the unforced fumble is listening to Bill Harmony explain it as I walked through the parking lot. Bill, you are allowed to say someone screwed up.
Bill knows his stuff, but my god he is the biggest homer ever. It’s almost laughable that he refuses to say anything negative about the Hens. At least Scott tries to be somewhat objective.
artbuc

Post by artbuc »

In the meantime, JMU playing great football on national tv almost every week.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Carty: "They obviously made more plays than we did. ... [O'Connor] was a little rusty. ... We had some people wide open that we missed. We have to put our head down and work."
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Attendance: 16,722
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:01 pm Carty: "They obviously made more plays than we did. ... [O'Connor] was a little rusty. ... We had some people wide open that we missed. We have to put our head down and work."
He’s right. O’Connor missed at least a couple of open TD’s with better throws. Can’t miss them when your own secondary is getting torched and you loss the T0 3-0. Elon tried to give the Hens the game in the last 6 minutes but the Hens couldn’t close the deal.
BigBlueRooster
UD Class: 0

Post by BigBlueRooster »

That was dissapointing. I still have no idea how good this team is. Not gonna over react to much to this loss. Definitely need to tighten things up and run the dang ball more
RalphD58
UD Class: 1998

Post by RalphD58 »

Sucks that Delaware lost a very winnable game. I'm impressed with the team not giving up and almost pulling off the comeback. I'm a little disappointed in all of the fans that left the stadium early. I was soooooo ready to talk 💩 to the obnoxious Elon fans in Section K. Oh well, onto the Camels.
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Very disappointing to lose the game like that. It would have been much easier to take if the ball was stripped from O’Connor or he lost it as a result of contact with a defender.
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:01 pm Carty: "They obviously made more plays than we did. ... [O'Connor] was a little rusty. ... We had some people wide open that we missed. We have to put our head down and work."
My car radio went fuzzy in the middle of his interview, did I miss the part where he said “we were out coached”?
#JustWinBaby
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

HensRock wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:48 pm Carib, I'm reminded of a certain cliché...
HR, we have one
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

It took the Hens too long to realize that the deep ball was not there and adjust to the short and intermediate passes which worked in the later part of the game

Coaching and execution by the players determined the outcome of the game.
dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail »

Over the years I've seen many woulda, coulda, shoulda, losses in sight of the goal line. I've seen losses where a RB fumbled on the 5 yard line. I've seen losses where the QB threw an int on the end zone, I've seen muffed winning FG's. I have never seen it come down to a fumbled snap. Isn't this a heck of a time to have first and second team QB's dinged?