Up Next; Elon

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Info Hound

Re: Up Next; Elon

Post by Info Hound »

HENJOHN wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:42 pm Cartys comment today on our QB injuries.......

"We’re still not sure about any of our injuries, to be honest with you,” Delaware coach Ryan Carty said Monday. “So we’re gonna feel it out during the week and we’re gonna play whoever’s ready. Whoever is healthy and ready, we’ll have him prepared to go out there and give Elon a fight.”
Tres can ask all that he wants, but he'll not get an answer! Very mysterious stuff. LOL
#JUST WIN
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

Elon has given up 30 sacks (3.75 sacks per game) this year, ranking dead last in the CAA. Hopefully, we can dial up the pressure and get a few critical sacks. If we can stop Elon’s running game, it will put a lot of pressure on their QB and OL to protect him.
Warrior Hen

Post by Warrior Hen »

Elon has a very basic offensive scheme. They like to run the ball with an occasional pass. The Hens with six defensive backs on the field are built to stop the pass, not the run. Elon defeated us last year because they committed and stayed with the run throughout the game.

Hopefully, we will make defensive adjustments early if we find that our basic defense is not working.
VIKING '87
UD Class: 1987

Post by VIKING '87 »

Nova held Elon to just 99 TOTAL yards. They figured something out. I'm sure Carty and team are looking at that game closely.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Jaxhen1
UD Class: 1974

Post by Jaxhen1 »

I think that game was seriously affected by the weather like our game with North Carolina A&T so I’m not sure how much we can learn from it. Villanova did rush for over 400 yards in that game even with Elon knowing they were going to run a lot due to the weather. Hopefully, we can learn something from that.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Back up QB Justin Allen started that game against Villanova

4 for 11 passing

Matthew Downing, who is well traveled, is an accurate passer if he has the time, but doesn’t really come across as a playmaker. Get after him and flush him out of the pocket and good things will follow for Delaware
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan »

https://udreview.com/3-out-yarns-blue-h ... questions/

My Halloween treat (I hope :D), just a quick link to the weekly Monday football piece at The Review
Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Correspondent
Twitter @DanSteenkamer
Instagram | dansteenkamer.fcs
University of Delaware '25 via Syracuse University

2022 GoHens FCS Playoff Pick-'em Pool Champion
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

The next three weeks will truly reveal the type of team the 2023 Hens are. That's why college football is such an interesting sport: you get to witness teams develop (or not) from week to week.
hensfan40yrs

Post by hensfan40yrs »

So is Marker banged up also?
Los Angeles Harballers
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:28 am So is Marker banged up also?
There will be no answers provided! :D

And, I'm good with that. :D
#JUST WIN
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

hensfan40yrs wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:28 am So is Marker banged up also?
Elon would be smart to prepare for a fast QB who will pull the ball back and run or will just evade a pass rush for first downs. That’s all they need to know. Maybe prepare a “spy”. Why confirm any info for them? Would be like informing the enemy we are low on munitions.
NewHen21

Post by NewHen21 »

I get why everyone gets annoyed with no live time injury updates… but I see it as a good thing. If the people on this board know the injury updates, then we know for sure our opponents do too. This leaves them guessing and not knowing what/who to prepare for. I think this is a positive and not an eff you to the fan base. Im only 3/4 years removed from sitting in those seats and I remember our meetings of prepping for guys in and out for that game and we show up game time and it throws you for a loop cause you may or may not of prepped for things specific to players. Let’s leave our opponents guessing and prepping for all possible situations. More time wasted for them. Let’s keep on winning and kicking ****. Go hens !!!
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

NewHen21 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:30 pm I get why everyone gets annoyed with no live time injury updates… but I see it as a good thing. If the people on this board know the injury updates, then we know for sure our opponents do too. This leaves them guessing and not knowing what/who to prepare for. I think this is a positive and not an eff you to the fan base. Im only 3/4 years removed from sitting in those seats and I remember our meetings of prepping for guys in and out for that game and we show up game time and it throws you for a loop cause you may or may not of prepped for things specific to players. Let’s leave our opponents guessing and prepping for all possible situations. More time wasted for them. Let’s keep on winning and kicking ****. Go hens !!!
A voice of reason. :D
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Double G

Post by Double G »

100's of teams each week across the country at all levels are relatively candid about their injury situations. I'm not naïve enough to believe that all are completely honest in their public disclosures but IMHO our coach is extremely reticent when it comes to sharing.