CAA in the portal

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
DaveB
UD Class: 1993

CAA in the portal

Post by DaveB »

Timberlake Towson
Wright WM
Ayesa WM
DaveB

Re: CAA in the portal

Post by DaveB »

Estrada to Alabama

Nelson to TCU
Timberlake to Kansas
Estrada to Alabama

Is the new recruiting strategy to sell players on what P5 you can send them to?
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Towson picks up NC A&T transfer Marcus Watson. 6’6 230. Avg 14 and 5. Initially committed to Seton Hall but backed out of it. Add in Wofford transfer Jones and returning big Thompson and Towson will be tough inside
UDJoe

Post by UDJoe »

2022-23 CBB Transfer Portal Stats

As of today, of all the athletes that have committed to a new program, 1 out of 11 players who transferred this year went up in the portal, the rest have either transferred lateral or down.

If rosters were finalized today, 44% of players who entered the portal this year would not play NCAA basketball in the upcoming 2023-24 season.
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Nelson with 25 for TCU in a closed door scrimmage win against Alabama
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

DaveB wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:36 pm Nelson with 25 for TCU in a closed door scrimmage win against Alabama
Love that he’s getting that opportunity and shining.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

jd of de wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:28 pm
DaveB wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:36 pm Nelson with 25 for TCU in a closed door scrimmage win against Alabama
I've got to disagree with your post though I understand the initial feeling of pride. After that, very time I see or read about a transfer out of our program(Nelson, Carr, et al), it grabs my gut in frustration. It screams the CAA's inability to provide decent competition as well as simply providing a stepping stone to leave for a higher quality program. Not my cup of tea by a long shot(pun0 :lol:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
DaveB

Post by DaveB »

tenn hen wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:08 pm
jd of de wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:28 pm
I've got to disagree with your post though I understand the initial feeling of pride. After that, very time I see or read about a transfer out of our program(Nelson, Carr, et al), it grabs my gut in frustration. It screams the CAA's inability to provide decent competition as well as simply providing a stepping stone to leave for a higher quality program. Not my cup of tea by a long shot(pun0 :lol:
Tenn,

Its the new norm. UD being in the A10 wouldnt change players leaving. Look at all the P5 guys who were starting and avg double figures transfer. It's a new world although I am now seeing the NCAA is thinking about changing the transfer rules once more.

I was very disappointed in Carr leaving because I thought due to being a legacy, he was locked in as a Blue Hen. Now, its just business. Its not fun because its hard to invest in guys who might leave but the portal taketh and giveth. IMO, Ingelsby did a good job this year and truly feel it will show on the floor.

If the 2013 team was playing today, would Saddler or Hagins have stayed for 4 years at UD? Probably not. Would Pegues be here 4 years? nope.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

The portal gives these kids the opportunity to move up. The NIL gives them the opportunity to make more money. It’s hard bucking that two headed devil.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

I heard his deal is for 365K at TCU

Does anybody blame him now????
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted:
BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill »

UDPat wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:10 am

"College" athletics is now minor league "professional" athletics but with higher "salaries" than probably all or nearly all minor league pros earn. A sad state of affairs IMO.
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

BlueHenBill wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:05 pm
UDPat wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:10 am

"College" athletics is now minor league "professional" athletics but with higher "salaries" than probably all or nearly all minor league pros earn. A sad state of affairs IMO.
Bill, We agree 100% A sad state of affairs
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted: