Duquesne

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Bluewyn Gold

Re: Duquesne

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Jaxhen1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:16 pm I think you meant Coastal Carolina.
Yup. Exactly who I meant. It’s only game I’ve watched the Dukes play this season. Complete mismatch from the teal birds.

I did see ability with DU, but, same old story. They were beat up along the lines on both sides of the ball.

They can give the Hens a game if our guys don’t show up to play.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Duquesne > MAC East

28-26 win in O H I O
Last edited by Caribbean Hen on Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:07 pm Duquesne > MAC East

28-28 win in O H I O
2021. Yawn.

We were jettisoning our coach that season.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:51 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:07 pm Duquesne > MAC East

28-28 win in O H I O
2021. Yawn.

We were jettisoning our coach that season.
Yawn is correct

That should say 28-26 Duquesne over Ohio in 2021
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

Henzone

Post by Henzone »

Game notes have been posted but the depth chart remains the same even though Wimberly may be out for the season and O'Connor will indeed be our #1 QB. Hope that isn't nitpicking suggesting we could expect accuracy.

Carty must want the Dukes to concentrate on the possibility of Marker behind center.
VIKING '87
UD Class: 1987

Post by VIKING '87 »

Henzone wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:15 pm Game notes have been posted but the depth chart remains the same even though Wimberly may be out for the season and O'Connor will indeed be our #1 QB. Hope that isn't nitpicking suggesting we could expect accuracy.

Carty must want the Dukes to concentrate on the possibility of Marker behind center.
Wimberley must be ok since he is on the depth chart:))
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Henzone wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:15 pm Game notes have been posted but the depth chart remains the same even though Wimberly may be out for the season and O'Connor will indeed be our #1 QB. Hope that isn't nitpicking suggesting we could expect accuracy.

[/quote

]just posted a similar comment in HOOPS. Maybe Marker puts fear into the hearts of the Dukes :wink: plus we possess enough quality wrs that KWs removal is not/shouldn't be a bit of info to make their db coach change his scheme :lol:
So why the secrecy>- by this second year as A HC RC should know better. It's been the job of ADs over the years to assist those they hire when necessary to maintain solid relations with their long term opponents. Has this strategy been applied to this unfortunate lack of experience? Maybe not? have any of our hierarchy in the athletic department been experienced with major sports coaching? -not trying to criticize but to plant another seed. Those seeds can be quite beneficial in interschool negotiating. Just asking for a friend

just viewed this-
VIKING '87 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:58 pm

Wimberley must be ok since he is on the depth chart:))
= :lol: :lol:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

I just got off the phone with Carty.

In an in-depth discussion that lasted all of about 15 seconds, he listed his priorities in the following order from 1 to 1,000:

1-998: Doing things that can help our Fightin’ Blue Hens win football games

999: Filling out the coaches’ poll…he has settled on using darts

1,000: Updating the Depth Chart
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Henzone

Post by Henzone »

Cluck U wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:57 pm I just got off the phone with Carty.

In an in-depth discussion that lasted all of about 15 seconds, he listed his priorities in the following order from 1 to 1,000:

1-998: Doing things that can help our Fightin’ Blue Hens win football games

999: Filling out the coaches’ poll…he has settled on using darts

1,000: Updating the Depth Chart
1,000, 000 :Answering a phone call from Clucky

Depth charts are a long established tradition in football across the country. There's a reason GOHENS has their own. They are called FANS. There's a reason they are now handed out each Saturday as you enter the Tub. There is a reason they are discussed each Saturday & Sunday on TV by the talking heads prior to kickoff. Why even bother with providing the chart if they are not accurate or not utilized? Why not just forget about handing out the roster numbers altogether as we can just listen to the public address announcers?

I was pleased to hear from the secret service this week that Marker was indeed available and Wimberly was on crutches.

Sorry if I caused our Hens to be at a disadvantage from my sharing but I'm not the slightest bit bothered that I apparently hurt some feelings once again on here.
Last edited by Henzone on Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Carty is just preparing the fans for what they’re going to find in FBS

change is hard

Anyone who saw Wimberly go down in New Hampshire game knows it wasn’t good and it would take a miracle for him to be ready to play now, My guess is he’s done for the year sad to say

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Good news for fans…rain ends before 2pm. :D

Grass will still be wet…but other than that, things are looking much better. 👍

EDIT: cooler and a bit of a breeze…gusts up to about 20mph, but not as bad as last week.

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Those looking for accuracy in the Game Notes have been sorely disappointed since Scott S. moved on.
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Pro tip: WDSD announcers are pretty good about listing the players who are out due to injury either just before or right after the start of games. You don't even have to lose sleep over the lack of injury reports during the week.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Hey, What’s-His-Name…the Sammy guy who just keeps catching TDs, has been selected as a semi-finalist for the prestigious William V. Campbell Trophy. The award recognizes an individual as the absolute best scholar-athlete in the nation for combined academic success, football performance and exemplary leadership.

Congrats, Chandler Harvin! Hope he wins the whole thing.

Thanks to Jon Buzby and the Newark Post for pointing out another great Carty recruit.

Sitting behind a Duquesne mother right now. Had a few fun words about tomorrow’s game.

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:10 pm Pro tip: WDSD announcers are pretty good about listing the players who are out due to injury either just before or right after the start of games. You don't even have to lose sleep over the lack of injury reports during the week.
I’ve seen those guys disguised as medical tents at the closed practices.