FBI PSU (minus the "F")

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henzone

Re: FBI PSU (minus the "F")

Post by Henzone »

tenn hen wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:07 pm will this boring sparing go on forever. it's childish and meanspirited, but it seems many on here appear to thrive on this middle school chatter- excuse me- is face book and the others :wink: like this :lol:
Same guys, same BS. Marker will be at practice tomorrow for evaluation.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

tenn hen wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:07 pm will this boring sparing go on forever. it's childish and meanspirited, but it seems many on here appear to thrive on this middle school chatter- excuse me- is face book and the others :wink: like this :lol:
Tenn Hen, same old Yawn inducing criticisms of some who have accomplished many wonderful things at Delaware......Home opener Saturday with a beautiful weather forecast Sunny 77F with a kickoff temperature of 74 baby. Back on track with a big Win
Masshen97
UD Class: 1997

Post by Masshen97 »

Thanks for the write up Rich this is awesome! Always enjoy the FBI posts.
jd of de

Post by jd of de »

Bring on St Francis, get the W and roll into the UNH game at 2-1.

Did anyone seriously think our record would or should be better?

9 games left with 6 at home. Time to string some wins together.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

jd of de wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:44 pm Bring on St Francis, get the W and roll into the UNH game at 2-1.

Did anyone seriously think our record would or should be better?

9 games left with 6 at home. Time to string some wins together.
Right on the money JD. The Roll starts Saturday at 6:00.
BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby »

I have no problem with scheduling FBS games, just be strategic and realistic about it. I did not go to Happy Valley, but I did go to the Navy game and before that the game at Pitt. They are a great opportunity to travel.
jl1968

Post by jl1968 »

HENJOHN wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:49 pm That door may have hit him in the Butt as you like to say, but he has nothing to be ashamed of. KC brought many exciting seasons to the Delaware Football fans. I for one have alot o20 respect for what he did
Many exciting seasons? Seems like 4 to me 2003 2004 2007 2010. Playoffs 4 years out of 11!
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

jl1968 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:24 pm
HENJOHN wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:49 pm That door may have hit him in the Butt as you like to say, but he has nothing to be ashamed of. KC brought many exciting seasons to the Delaware Football fans. I for one have alot o20 respect for what he did
Many exciting seasons? Seems like 4 to me 2003 2004 2007 2010. Playoffs 4 years out of 11!
We are all aware that you don't like any Coach not named Tubby but other Coaches have had some success here including one with 86 wins here, a National Championship and two other NC appearances with 259 wins overall. I saw most of the games in his tenure and enjoyed many good times and that's all that matters to ME. Something tells me you didn't see many. Regardless of whether you liked him or not, the man doesn't deserve to have his accomplishments discredited. The commitment the man made as a player and HC warrant better than snide remarks and that's what made me post
Last edited by HENJOHN on Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Rich, nice detailed Report as usual. Hope to see you at the Home opener. Look forward to more of those from you this season. Between you and UDan, we're getting spoiled.
Henzone

Post by Henzone »

If that day comes 79 I will raise my mug at Buckley's in his honor. You've used the same analogy 3 times now.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

jl1968 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:24 pm
Now do 1983-1992. :lol:

Let me help jog your memory.

4-7
5-6
6-5
7-5

And the 4 years we made the playoffs?

55-14 2nd round loss
21-7 first round loss
42-35 first round home loss to JMU
28-7 semi-final loss.

Drought indeed…a program going downhill for a decade. The only consolation was that conference wins were easy to pick up and pad the record since we were playing in the kiddie pool of I-AA.

Seems Tubby couldn’t figure out what defense was, and our vaunted Wing-T didn’t bother showing up against the big boys.

Surprised you stuck around during that decade.

Yeah, not nearly as exciting as a national championship and two other championship appearances.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
UDPat

Post by UDPat »

Henzone wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:11 am If that day comes 79 I will raise my mug at Buckley's in his honor. You've used the same analogy 3 times now.
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Man,

Was looking for a spot where I'd come in, but not needed!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You handle them 2 just fine on your own.

Have little interest in college football and on the fence about Hoops?

Gotta find some good Tourny's and cash!!! Got a wedding to take care of next fall. :D :D
When it comes to Basketball, "I'm smarter than you and you know it"!! :twisted: