Offensive Line Update

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Henzone

Re: Offensive Line Update

Post by Henzone »

mpwerrell wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:14 pm Clinton, MD native Will Harrrod 6-5, 325 OL is no longer on the Florida roster as of today.
Red-shirt year in 2019 and COVID year gives him 2 years eligibility. He did not play much at UF.
Received 31 offers out of high school.

"It seems as though Harrod will forgo the rest of his college eligibility as he decided to stay with Florida through spring instead of transferring. The Senior Day celebration indicates that this move was planned." USA Today 7/18
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

bluehenbillk wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:44 pm
Cluck U wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:36 pm Thanks, 72. Good info…much respect. Happy to hear he is putting on weight the right way.

290 next year…TC’s Junior year. Still hope he can add another 10lbs for his senior year.

As a comparison, SDSU had a 6’8” 280lb sophomore OT as a back up last year and a 6’5” 290lb sophomore back up on the other side. My bet is that they will be bigger and stronger this year. Not many upper class man under 300lbs. Their junior OT starter was 300lbs. Big and quick is better than small and quick.
Jason Kelce might disagree with your thinking…. It’s not always the biggest guy
Dude is an athletic freak…and you have a valid point about his size. Love his attitude! 👍

Also…he is a Center. Ask Kelce if he feels confident he could be an All-Pro NFL Tackle at his weight. Just sayin’.

Missed you at the last Sambo’s gig. Summer gets busy. Maybe we switch to a steak house or some other awesome food group that works with a more northern location.

‘93…if you aren’t chucking bags of corn through a small hole, what is a good food that would get you to venture north? :D
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Henzone

Post by Henzone »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:58 am
Hengrad07 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:40 am Less than 8-3 with this “cupcake” schedule would be a disaster - I see winning a home playoff game & hopefully a road win before losing to a powerful FCS team - no more playoff blowout losses 🙏
So by that 8 regular season win standard, Delaware has been besieged by a “disaster” every year for the past 13 years … what a resilient state!

Maybe the “cupcakes” are an offering to the Gods to make the tidal waves, earthquakes, volcanoes and the plagues stop
Interesting stat.

Neither Brock or Rocco won 8 games in a season. The CEO won 8 games 36% of the time while here. Tubby made the mark 61% .
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Henzone wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:40 pm
Hengrad07 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:40 am Less than 8-3 with this “cupcake” schedule would be a disaster - I see winning a home playoff game & hopefully a road win before losing to a powerful FCS team - no more playoff blowout losses 🙏
So by that 8 regular season win standard, Delaware has been besieged by a “disaster” every year for the past 13 years … what a resilient state!

Maybe the “cupcakes” are an offering to the Gods to make the tidal waves, earthquakes, volcanoes and the plagues stop
Interesting stat.

Neither Brock or Rocco won 8 games in a season. The CEO won 8 games 36% of the time while here. Tubby made the mark 61% .
Strength of schedule??
#JustWinBaby
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Hengrad07 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:34 pm

Interesting stat.

Strength of schedule??
Yup. Cupcake city in the old A10 and Yankee. Tubby was awesome, but Tubby wasn't winning 8 games 61% of the time in the CAA during the 2000s. Several different national champions from the CAA during that time...and the CAA dominated the playoffs...way better in-conference competition than anything we had before or since. Heck, UNH didn't win a natty and they had a long streak of wins over FBS teams. The CAA in the 2000s was just brutal...yet we went to 3 national championship games and won one (really, two, but the chain gang screwed us). Quite the accomplishment.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Henzone

Post by Henzone »

Interesting stat.

Strength of schedule??
Most people don't care about the strength of schedule as long as you mow people down along your route to the playoffs. The 25% drop in continuity for a decade followed by a plunge to zero lost a boatload of Delawareans year by year . People on this board went bananas going to Frisco & Chatty but admit it, we are fanatics. Your average fan wants something to plan around EVERY week that gives you a smile and doesn't end up with a big L . The kick in the azz every year by Nova was just the final blow that encouraged departures.

I'll say it one more time... Winning is the answer to all the Blue Hens concerns.
Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 »

Henzone wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:28 pm

Interesting stat.

Strength of schedule??
Most people don't care about the strength of schedule as long as you mow people down along your route to the playoffs. The 25% drop in continuity for a decade followed by a plunge to zero lost a boatload of Delawareans year by year . People on this board went bananas going to Frisco & Chatty but admit it, we are fanatics. Your average fan wants something to plan around EVERY week that gives you a smile and doesn't end up with a big L . The kick in the azz every year by Nova was just the final blow that encouraged departures.

I'll say it one more time... Winning is the answer to all the Blue Hens concerns.
Steel on Target Henzone- win the games and they will come! Those 3 trips to the Nationals were the 3 greatest UD football games of my life. Can’t remember who we played during the regular football season nor the scores. But I sure remember those 3 trips! Wayne Hanby
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

We all live winning…but what drove the crowds away was UD’s greed. Attendance fell after the u over sort decided to put money ahead of long-time season ticket holders, while at the same time increasing seat and parking prices and telling football fans they had to support women’s tennis.

Hens fans included many blue collar workers that didn’t enjoy being exploited for the university’s goal of supporting zero attendance sports.

Killed the Golden Goose.

People came when Tubby lost. People came when Keeler lost.

Heck, we had 16,000+ people watch the Brocco crash dummies do their work.

Winning isn’t everything…and treating your customers as though they are fools is the best way to diminish attendance.

UD has made an effort to change the way they treat their customers. That is good. Winning, even against cupcakes, helps…but it isn’t the whole story. Plenty of Tubby years didn’t crack 18k in attendance.

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

T
Last edited by Caribbean Hen on Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Maddog@76 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:00 pm
Henzone wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:28 pm

Strength of schedule??

Steel on Target Henzone- win the games and they will come! Those 3 trips to the Nationals were the 3 greatest UD football games of my life. Can’t remember then who we played during the regular football season nor the scores. But I sure remember those 3 trips! Wayne Hanby
Season ticket sales continue to lay on the ground with the Buffalo chips out in Fargo, ND …. Nobody wants them anymore. The reasoning put out is the fans are tired of winning and not being challenged enough…. Even the ancient Romans eventually got tired of the weekly slaughters. :D The down trend started about 5 years ago and really doesn’t have much to do with last year

Having said that, I think 8 wins would be a remarkable season for the Hens considering the following:

First year QB. Remember Hall, Flacco and Devlin all had great second years not great first years.

Brand new defense - Manny Rojas should be the busiest guy in Newark trying to get all the first year players in synch…my understanding is the D is on complicated side… will he have to dumb it down..

The OL - everyone wanted transfers, we didn’t add any
Will there be an August surprise? I’m of the opinion the OL will be alright

12 consecutive seasons without 8 regular season wins… get it done Carty
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

jl1968

Post by jl1968 »

Cluck U wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:07 pm

Interesting stat.

Strength of schedule??
Yup. Cupcake city in the old A10 and Yankee. Tubby was awesome, but Tubby wasn't winning 8 games 61% of the time in the CAA during the 2000s. Several different national champions from the CAA during that time...and the CAA dominated the playoffs...way better in-conference competition than anything we had before or since. Heck, UNH didn't win a natty and they had a long streak of wins over FBS teams. The CAA in the 2000s was just brutal...yet we went to 3 national championship games and won one (really, two, but the chain gang screwed us). Quite the accomplishment.
Seems some people can't stand it when someone says something good about Tubby. No matter what you say I don't believe you like Tubby!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

jl1968 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:43 pm
Cluck U wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:07 pm

Strength of schedule??
Seems some people can't stand it when someone says something good about Tubby. No matter what you say I don't believe you like Tubby!
Well, some people don’t believe the world is not flat. :lol:

Enjoy your belief…as silly as it is. I’ll live. 👍

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk »

Enough with the past, we can all agree Brock and Rocco brought regrettable results.

This year:
I see 5 tossup games that will dictate the Hens fortunes…
Stony Brook
UNH
Towson
Elon
Villanova

Will need to go at least 3-2 in those 5 without any major slip ups to get to 8 wins and a playoff berth. 7 wins including Navy was good enough last year but they won’t have a FBS win on the resume this year.

Also don’t sleep on Campbell, program getting better.
UD to FBS. I never thought I’d see the day
Caribbean Hen

Post by Caribbean Hen »

bluehenbillk wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:27 am Enough with the past, we can all agree Brock and Rocco brought regrettable results.

This year:
I see 5 tossup games that will dictate the Hens fortunes…
Stony Brook
UNH
Towson
Elon
Villanova

Will need to go at least 3-2 in those 5 without any major slip ups to get to 8 wins and a playoff berth. 7 wins including Navy was good enough last year but they won’t have a FBS win on the resume this year.

Also don’t sleep on Campbell, program getting better.
William, if Stony Brook is a toss up we will not be winning 8 games. They seem like a mess on a downhill slope.

Stony is coming off a 2-9 season where they managed to beat Maine by one point and Morgan State by two.

There big play RB transferred to JMU, but they’ve added a dozen or so FBS transfers, but I’m not sure if any of them are any good… neither does Piorre or the one Stony Brook fan :D

On the flipside, they will be fired up and we will be coming in with a quarterback starting his first game at Delaware. Our new D will be playing their first game together and of course we’ve had trouble out on dreadful Long Island in the past, the home of the serial killer next door and Amityville horrors.

I think we win that game in scary Long Island fashion

jd of de

Post by jd of de »

This is the undisputed, weakest schedule the Hens have had in a decade.

I expect UNH-Elon-Nova to be very competitive opponents. All 3 are in Delaware Stadium.

Stony-St Francis-Duquesne-NCA&T-Hampton-Towson-Campbell.

And we do not play W&M-Richmond-URI—Monmouth-Albany-Maine.

My question would be; how do you miss the playoffs with our schedule? Simple answer; by finishing with 7 or fewer wins.

We have a 8 win or better schedule.