NIL News - UD gets mentioned with the big boys

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Big R
UD Class: 1975

Re: NIL News - UD gets mentioned with the big boys

Post by Big R »

Interesting article about the NIL.

Might need a subscription to read this. If you don’t have one, maybe they let you read several for free (I’m not sure since I have one).

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootb ... jones.html
Mickey to Rocky about SPEED - https://youtu.be/N0GdQyIm7DU
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Hens79 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:59 pm
bluehenbillk wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:08 pm
Hens79 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:28 am Great news. Yet another indication UD will be moving on from FCS and the CAA.
Where they going?
I don’t know. But they almost surely are. There are a whole bunch of folks that deny all information around them. At least this denial is harmless.
https://www.extrapointsmb.com/p/reclass ... soon-heres

Good article about some of the issues UD will be faced with or already dealing with on the FBS move

I would bet not everyone at UD is totally onboard the FBS Titanic
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:44 amI would bet not everyone at UD is totally onboard the FBS Titanic
Important to note two things here: 1) this is a proposal and many proposals don't pass and 2) $5M should be no impediment to any school prepared to make a significantly greater investments annually in FBS football.

But your Titanic comment is curious, especially given the dire financial issues facing the FCS. I'll bet the beancounters in their due diligence will be evaluating the lack of ROI provided by the current level of football, especially with declining revenues and ever-increasing overhead.
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:43 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:44 amI would bet not everyone at UD is totally onboard the FBS Titanic
Important to note two things here: 1) this is a proposal and many proposals don't pass and 2) $5M should be no impediment to any school prepared to make a significantly greater investments annually in FBS football.

But your Titanic comment is curious, especially given the dire financial issues facing the FCS. I'll bet the beancounters in their due diligence will be evaluating the lack of ROI provided by the current level of football, especially with declining revenues and ever-increasing overhead.
I totally agree with what you said about the proposed 5 million

Titanic comment was just tossed in to get you to post B&G

Going FBS is not a slam dunk up in the Ivory tower at UD is it?
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:05 amGoing FBS is not a slam dunk up in the Ivory tower at UD is it?
No way, but I'm also not sure how the tower dwellers will be able to continue justifying dumping capital into the FCS hole. Would be interesting to hear what the Deciders think about the value of CAA membership, as more and more schools are brought in that bear little resemblance to UD's desired profile.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN »

Do players get NIL money from UD when their NIls are used in promotional materials? Maybe their scholarship contracts stipulate they can use their NIL(?).
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

77HEN wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:37 pm Do players get NIL money from UD when their NIls are used in promotional materials? Maybe their scholarship contracts stipulate they can use their NIL(?).
UD's policy doesn't seem to support direct reimbursement to athletes for NIL use, only benefits provided by third parties. According to the NCAA's NIL regs, university or jurisdictional rules can override the NCAA's most liberal allowance.

https://bluehens.com/documents/2022/8/3 ... .25.22.pdf