Game times announced

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Re: Game times announced

Post by UD '01 grad »

Taking the optimistic side:

SEASON RESULTS

2022: Beat Navy plus FCS playoff win (at home) with a borderline top-5 QB in program history.

2023: ???
Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

Baltimore Hen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:04 amI'm not talking about the times....
But how would you propose improving the schedule under the current circumstances? This is what CAA & FCS schedules look like. Not trying to be argumentative; it's just the reality of the situation. This is what Delaware football is now.
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Bluewyn Gold wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:11 pm
Baltimore Hen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:04 amI'm not talking about the times....
But how would you propose improving the schedule under the current circumstances? This is what CAA & FCS schedules look like. Not trying to be argumentative; it's just the reality of the situation. This is what Delaware football is now.
This is as good as it gets in the CAA. Honestly though, it's going to be very strange without W&M OR Richmond on the schedule.
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

No UR or W&M really reduces the attractiveness of the schedule. We have traded a former NC and a recent playoff team for who exactly?
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

Conference foes Stony Brook, North Carolina A&T, Hampton, Elon and Campbell.

Traditional opponents be damned. It won't change until someone wants to change it.
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

…plus Towson and Villanova. Change is difficult. Elon has kicked our butt the past few years and Campbell has had the highest rated FCS recruiting classes the past two years.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

UD '01 grad wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:14 am Conference foes Stony Brook, North Carolina A&T, Hampton, Elon and Campbell.

Traditional opponents be damned. It won't change until someone wants to change it.
Yes, but we get to break out the pirate jokes again…and add in some camel jokes, burning ashes, bulldogs and chuckle about whatever a seawolf is.

Fun times ahead, indeed.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Info Hound

Post by Info Hound »

Feel free to call me a "weirdo", but since I can't control who we play, and love attending UD football, I can make a positive case for each opponent:

Stony Brook - They need to be "put in their place", as we have played poorly up there.

PSU- Yes a beatdown, but great atmosphere, and who knows, maybe we keep it respectable.

St. Francis - Home opener, night game, tailgating, opportunity to put PSU behind us. Valuable "W" for playoff qualification.

UNH - Conference opponent we don't often get at home, night game, tailgating, key conference win opportunity

Duquesne - see St. Francis above.

NCA&T - 4th home game in a row. Something new, conference opponent, hopefully a fan base that travels, band?

Hampton - A makeable road game. New place to visit. Valuable conference win opportunity.

Towson - Beat the crap out of them.

Elon - Home, see Towson. We OWE them.

Campbell - Too damned far away for me, I suspect. They worry me.

Villanova - It is far past time. Enough of this, please!

GO HENS!
Last edited by Info Hound on Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
#JUST WIN
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

slight switch from IH's football madness-nice to

Hey Cluck

I couldn't resist- do you evah wonder how many sports fans giggle about hens? :wink:

meanwhile: no #1 seeds remain in the Big Dance :roll: many outstanding games as usual
lots of the womens games have been intriguing- highlighted by the now infamous punch out by a Memphis
player v a Bowling Green player
The first 2 weeks every year are a true test of our remote control skills :(
AI should just decide when to switch channels :lol: :lol:

March Madness at it's height. As you would say Cluck, MM really "at its height" and Cluck, I do mean M&Ms!!

best time of the year with the exception of one or more of our UD teams winning a national championship-come on women!!

Fun Times for another historic culmination of MM
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Info Hound wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:55 am Feel free to call me a "weirdo", but since I can't control who we play, and love attending UD football, I can make a positive case for each opponent:

Stony Brook - They need to be "put in their place", as we have played poorly up there.

PSU- Yes a beatdown, but great atmosphere, and who knows, maybe we keep it respectable.

St. Francis - Home opener, night game, tailgating, opportunity to put PSU behind us. Valuable "W" for playoff qualification.

UNH - Conference opponent we don't often get at home, night game, tailgating, key conference win opportunity

Duquesne - see St. Francis above.

NCA&T - 4th home game in a row. Something new, conference opponent, hopefully a fan base that travels, band?

Hampton - A makeable road game. New place to visit. Valuable conference win opportunity.

Towson - Beat the crap out of them.

Elon - Home, see Towson. We OWE them.

Campbell - Too damned far away for me, I suspect. They worry me.

Villanova - It is far past time. Enough of this, please!

GO HENS!
This is the proper perspective with tailgating getting featured along with the actual game. The game/opponent might be blah, but ya’ gotta’ have fun with friends or the whole day isn’t worth zip. Do I hope we beat Penn State? Yup. But no matter the score, I am going to have a blast hanging out in a great atmosphere. Ditto home game gigs. Wins, of course, are important (enough of them = more home games and more tailgates).

But…I would rather be playing better schools. In the meantime, let’s hope for a redo of last year’s home game weather streak.

On a side note…WTH is going on with Friday weather? Been trying to host a Friday evening outdoor pizza gig and Mother Nature just hasn’t been cooperating. Perhaps next Saturday will have to work. First world problems.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

tenn hen wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:01 am slight switch from IH's football madness-nice to

Hey Cluck

I couldn't resist- do you evah wonder how many sports fans giggle about hens? :wink:

meanwhile: no #1 seeds remain in the Big Dance :roll: many outstanding games as usual
lots of the womens games have been intriguing- highlighted by the now infamous punch out by a Memphis

March Madness at it's height. As you would say Cluck, MM really "at its height" and Cluck, I do mean M&Ms!!

best time of the year with the exception of one or more of our UD teams winning a national championship-come on women!!

Just following the subject of the thread😂. Maybe too much🍺 this morning?
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

tenn hen wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:01 am slight switch from IH's football madness-nice to

Hey Cluck

First…sorry for your loss. It has been a tournament of upsets.

Second…that Memphis player is being criminally charged for that punch. Good. Athletes shouldn’t be immune from consequences. That stuff has no place in athletics.

Memphis should dole out some punishment for their “student-athlete” as well. Suspension/expulsion from school? At the very least, community service/major public apology. Zero reason to throw a punch and zero reason to not hold the player accountable.

Third…that 5’8” KSU point guard is fun to watch. He has really good court vision and delivers some awesome assists. Injured his ankle…but we saw a Super Bowl QB work through that.

Fourth…mpwerrell might be on to something. Are you downing cocktails this morning?

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

Hey MPW
Your rapid responses to many of my posts are quite Pavlovian. :lol:
I'm pleased you feel this somewhat automatic urge :roll: :wink:

Hey Cluck

glad you appreciated my fun- you're still the master on this board. as to UT, no surprise- just SOP for Barnes' late season collapses. The loss of pg Ziegler just before the Dance clearly factored in this Sweet Sixteen loss.

Hey MPW/Cluck

seriously, not imbibing though the references to spirits made me chuckle-just my active mind with its myriad interests flowing free. I returned from a long walk to visit a neighbor's yard sale with a 8) ceramic vase. This might surprise some of you, but my love of all forms of eclectic collectible art is a far cry from my life long obsession with sports. Who "woulda thunk" ??? Somewhat indiosyncratic, they are clearly related to my interest in research and seeking REAL facts as well as reading varied opinions.

there you go -just havin' fun
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
mpwerrell

Post by mpwerrell »

And yet TH you always react, Pavlovian or otherwise. I love it!

Just trying to keep the subject matter relevant. “Eclectic collectible art”.

Relax my friend, it is now time to have a beer!

Now about that football schedule…
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

I don't understand Half of the stuff being posted or expressed on some of this Thread, the other half is very funny. Will Pavlov's Dog be mentioned next?