Transfer Portal Watch

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Re: Transfer Portal Watch

Post by Cluck U »

Hengrad07 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:16 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:07 pm
Gannonfan wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:34 pm

Well, that should make BHB happy at least, we're getting transfers from Harvard. :lol:
Check him out in the hatchery thread

BHB won’t be the only one happy, this guy is a good looking WR and from Slidell, Louisiana. Hope he’s 100% healthy
bhb must be walking around with a roll of quarters in his pockets since Ivy grads want to come to UDel to “further their education”! 🤣🤣🤣
Hmmmm…there has been a change lately.

Your [EDIT: ‘07’s] laugh emojis turned up as question marks when I was reading the thread…but when I quoted you, they turned back into laughs while I was typing in the quote. Same thing happened to me last night while I was trying to post a thumbs up. This was while using the emojis from my phone. The emojis that reside on the GoHens site read as they are…but the ones from the phone read as question marks.

Giving it another try.

👍
🤣
😀
:lol:
:oops:
:roll:
Last edited by Cluck U on Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Yup. Now I read three question marks (three different emojis from my phone) followed by three emojis that I can see that were from this site.

Strange. Wonder what the change was…my end or the site?

Anyone else seeing this? Just changed sometime yesterday.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

OK...so I logged onto my computer (a slight upgrade from the old NEA Edstar) and I can see all of the emojis that originate from both my phone and the GoHens' site selections. However, the phone-generated "laughing" emojis have an extra panel to the left that has some mountainside landscape scene.

Strange.

Skynet is alive.

Anyway, back to the original programming...

Carty, keep bringing in talented new Hens!

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan »

77HEN wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:21 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:07 pm

Check him out in the hatchery thread

BHB won’t be the only one happy, this guy is a good looking WR and from Slidell, Louisiana. Hope he’s 100% healthy
bhb must be walking around with a roll of quarters in his pockets since Ivy grads want to come to UDel to “further their education”! 🤣🤣🤣
Hey ChemE used to regularly get students from Penn to study for advanced degrees. Probably still do.
I always told my kids, if I had gone to Princeton to study ChemE like I did at Delaware it would've been a step down in education. Rankings-wise at least. Similar football helmets, though. :lol:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Gannonfan wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:33 pm
77HEN wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:21 am

Hey ChemE used to regularly get students from Penn to study for advanced degrees. Probably still do.
I always told my kids, if I had gone to Princeton to study ChemE like I did at Delaware it would've been a step down in education. Rankings-wise at least. Similar football helmets, though. :lol:
No doubt ChemE & PT are still some of the top programs in the country. 👏👏
Last edited by Hengrad07 on Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#JustWinBaby
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad »

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen »

good luck to Noah. He gave his all for us for years and was a hitting machine. Apparently FBS has a better allure for him. Hopefully next year's potential for a successful season didn't play into his decision to leave.

UCONN- Mora improved their performance in his 1st year. Their status as an independent FBS team is what I suggested we follow. I still maintain it is the best possible move available for UD if we want to upgrade. All the reasons are and have been posted by me and others. Unfortunately I'm afraid we're stuck in quicksand.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Cluck U wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:41 am Change coming to the portal rules?

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cf ... caa-change
I saw this on ESPN Friday and think its a great start to getting some guidelines around this and hopefully some similar attention to NIL. The new NCAA President, the former Governer of Massachusetts, is already approaching DC Lawmakers to assist in some of the specifics around some guidelines for these new Challenges facing College athletics primarily the NIL and Transfer Portal
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

I read that yesterday as well. agree totally
VIKING '87
UD Class: 1987

Post by VIKING '87 »

I'm sorry but this sure seems like a step down. Why would he leave us for a perennial doormat that many FCS teams could beat?
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Tribe4SF

Post by Tribe4SF »

VIKING '87 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:43 pm
I'm sorry but this sure seems like a step down. Why would he leave us for a perennial doormat that many FCS teams could beat?
No more. They were a bowl team in 2022 with wins over CCSU, Fresno State, FIU, Boston College, UMass and Liberty.
Roll Tribe!!!
dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen »

tenn hen wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:12 am good luck to Noah. He gave his all for us for years and was a hitting machine. Apparently FBS has a better allure for him. Hopefully next year's potential for a successful season didn't play into his decision to leave.

UCONN- Mora improved their performance in his 1st year. Their status as an independent FBS team is what I suggested we follow. I still maintain it is the best possible move available for UD if we want to upgrade. All the reasons are and have been posted by me and others. Unfortunately I'm afraid we're stuck in quicksand.
UConn did a nice job getting to FBS. First in the all sports old Big East and then the AAC after the BE dropped football. Then dropped out of the AAC to get back to the BE to benefit their basketball programs. Being an FBS Indy has been tough but agree with TENN they could rebound. Also have an FBS stadium to afford paying for home games.
tenn hen

Post by tenn hen »

Tribe4SF wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:30 pm
VIKING '87 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:43 pm
No more. They were a bowl team in 2022 with wins over CCSU, Fresno State, FIU, Boston College, UMass and Liberty.
Yep, that's what my post referred to about UCONN- see below
tenn hen wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:12 am good luck to Noah. He gave his all for us for years and was a hitting machine. Apparently FBS has a better allure for him. Hopefully next year's potential for a successful season didn't play into his decision to leave.

Bluewyn Gold

Post by Bluewyn Gold »

tenn hen wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:12 amgood luck to Noah... Apparently FBS has a better allure for him...

[UConn's] status as an independent FBS team is what I suggested we follow. I still maintain it is the best possible move available for UD if we want to upgrade...
Clearly, UConn's positive trajectory and, like it or not, their higher profile was no doubt the allure. I'd be surprised if Noah wasn't playing on Sunday's in a couple years.

FBS independence for UD would not likely impact CAA membership in other sports and would appear to be the least disruptive path forward. For those writing off independent status, a reminder that the Blue Hens were a college football independent from 1970-1985 - the most successful period in program history.