Live Construction Footage

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Hens69
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:52 am

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by Hens69 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:17 am

I recall a previous poster with inside information reported that a replacement board would be going up as part of this renovation effort. I'm not sure, however I hope so.

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5913
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by jd of de » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:46 am

Any new scoreboard would have been 100% dependent on corporate funding.

User avatar
72 Hen
Recruiting Specialist
Recruiting Specialist
Posts: 5962
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by 72 Hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:53 am

tenn hen wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:04 am
slightly off subject- As I check the cams each morning I keep hoping to see some more gold highlights along with the majority of blue. Possibly a strip just below the press box glass windows would add some spice. :wink:
It looks like they are starting to do some layout for the panels below the press box windows. I am pretty sure I saw they carry some yellow panels to that area yesterday. Did you notice some of the gray panels above the press box windows have been started?
"Hit Soooooooooomebody"

User avatar
Baltimore Hen
Posts: 8632
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Baltimore

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by Baltimore Hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:10 am

jd of de wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:46 am
Any new scoreboard would have been 100% dependent on corporate funding.
I was told directly by Jerry O after the Penn game last year that the video board was being replaced for this season with a new board centered over the NEZ bleachers.
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 5611
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by tenn hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 am

Thanks Ron- r u supervising this project :lol: :lol: seriously, your info is quite pleasant to read in these trying times. The stadium is looking great. Ya wonder if we had fixed it years ago if our teams/leadership/competition would have been improved and more exciting.

an aside- yeah- I forgot. UD is now the "Blue and Yellow" now :roll: Man, I loved that gold. Maybe we need to "fight for the blue and Gold"??? :roll:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

User avatar
72 Hen
Recruiting Specialist
Recruiting Specialist
Posts: 5962
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by 72 Hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 am

tenn hen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 am
Thanks Ron- r u supervising this project :lol: :lol: seriously, your info is quite pleasant to read in these trying times. The stadium is looking great. Ya wonder if we had fixed it years ago if our teams/leadership/competition would have been improved and more exciting.

an aside- yeah- I forgot. UD is now the "Blue and Yellow" now :roll: Man, I loved that gold. Maybe we need to "fight for the blue and Gold"??? :roll:
Big R and I compare notes on a pretty regular basis. Some of the info I post is a joint venture. He might say the same about some of what he posts. The last time Rich and his son drove to the stadium he came away with some interesting things that he hasn't posted yet. For example, have you ever wondered what those two huge metal units are on the roof? That's my trivia question for today.
"Hit Soooooooooomebody"

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 5611
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by tenn hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:39 am

CIA/NSA devices?? :shock: :shock: I watched a documentary a few nights ago on Stuxnet- powerful show and frightening.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

User avatar
72 Hen
Recruiting Specialist
Recruiting Specialist
Posts: 5962
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by 72 Hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 am

tenn hen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:39 am
CIA/NSA devices?? :shock: :shock: I watched a documentary a few nights ago on Stuxnet- powerful show and frightening.
How did you figure it out so fast? Just kidding. Wrong. Any one else have a guess?
"Hit Soooooooooomebody"

User avatar
Baltimore Hen
Posts: 8632
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Baltimore

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by Baltimore Hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:48 am

72 Hen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 am
tenn hen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 am
Thanks Ron- r u supervising this project :lol: :lol: seriously, your info is quite pleasant to read in these trying times. The stadium is looking great. Ya wonder if we had fixed it years ago if our teams/leadership/competition would have been improved and more exciting.

an aside- yeah- I forgot. UD is now the "Blue and Yellow" now :roll: Man, I loved that gold. Maybe we need to "fight for the blue and Gold"??? :roll:
Big R and I compare notes on a pretty regular basis. Some of the info I post is a joint venture. He might say the same about some of what he posts. The last time Rich and his son drove to the stadium he came away with some interesting things that he hasn't posted yet. For example, have you ever wondered what those two huge metal units are on the roof? That's my trivia question for today.
I believe those are called Rooftop Unit Air Conditioners...
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

User avatar
72 Hen
Recruiting Specialist
Recruiting Specialist
Posts: 5962
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by 72 Hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 am

You might be correct, however, they specifically mentioned they were for heating. There are some big A/c units between those two metal units.
"Hit Soooooooooomebody"

User avatar
Baltimore Hen
Posts: 8632
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Baltimore

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by Baltimore Hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 am

72 Hen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 am
You might be correct, however, they specifically mentioned they were for heating. There are some big A/c units between those two metal units.
LIkely the set up is like a home. The AC compressor is outside the home and the air handler/furnace is separate from the compressor inside the home. In this instance they are separate and both outside the structure to maximize space.....The hooded vents on the end of the big boxes are for air intake.
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

User avatar
Gannonfan
Posts: 9342
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:25 am
UD Class: 1995
Location: Harleysville, PA

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by Gannonfan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:30 am

tenn hen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:11 am
Thanks Ron- r u supervising this project :lol: :lol: seriously, your info is quite pleasant to read in these trying times. The stadium is looking great. Ya wonder if we had fixed it years ago if our teams/leadership/competition would have been improved and more exciting.

an aside- yeah- I forgot. UD is now the "Blue and Yellow" now :roll: Man, I loved that gold. Maybe we need to "fight for the blue and Gold"??? :roll:
That hasn't changed - color is officially PMS 109 C, which is listed as Yellow-Gold.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
72 Hen
Recruiting Specialist
Recruiting Specialist
Posts: 5962
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by 72 Hen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:12 am

You are right about PMS 109 C being the color in recent years. However, I think most of us old timers remember when the pants were more gold and the shirts were a darker blue. I certainly have lots of old pictures. I guess tenn likes the older colors. I like the older versions as well. But I don't care.... just win baby!
"Hit Soooooooooomebody"

User avatar
Big R
Posts: 2703
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:30 am
UD Class: 1975
Location: Etters, PA

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by Big R » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:08 pm

This should provide an idea of some of the work we are seeing from the Street View camera.
WAC South plaza view at night AM.png
WAC South plaza view at night AM.png (668.43 KiB) Viewed 890 times

User avatar
Big R
Posts: 2703
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:30 am
UD Class: 1975
Location: Etters, PA

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by Big R » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 am
72 Hen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:52 am
You might be correct, however, they specifically mentioned they were for heating. There are some big A/c units between those two metal units.
LIkely the set up is like a home. The AC compressor is outside the home and the air handler/furnace is separate from the compressor inside the home. In this instance they are separate and both outside the structure to maximize space.....The hooded vents on the end of the big boxes are for air intake.
BH, the day I was there I spoke with the site managers from both Barton Malow and EDIS. I asked the gentleman from EDIS what those two units were and he clearly said that they were for heating and that the center unit was for A/C. Maybe I misunderstood him, or he misunderstood me, but that was the way the conversation went.

Post Reply