JMU/Weber State

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

JMU/Weber State

Postby dovetail on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:40 pm

WS giving JMU all they can handle. They have a good defense but I think we had a better offense than they have. At the half, JMU, 10-7
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust
dovetail

UD Class: 1966

Re: JMU/Weber State

Postby cougarpines1 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:24 pm

14 / 10 Weber. JMU better get their heads out of their butts
Never try and teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
cougarpines1

Postby dovetail on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:34 pm

Ugh, JMU comes back to win it at the gun, 31-28
dovetail

Postby tenn hen on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:48 am

Found myself rooting for WS at the get go though I thought I'd support our CAA team
really exciting game right down to the wire. Give JMU credit for getting thru. They are not the team of last season that dominated so much. Heck, we could have taken our game this season with..

Still wonder what exactly the rule is after a blocked field when the ball is initially still loose???? I thought players from both teams could grab, hold, etc.-kinda like a free for all. Called 94 for a block in the back(tackle),but !!!!That decision probably cost WS the game though we could find many other reasons.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby dovetail on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:09 am

#94 for WS has a 2000 mile plane ride to think what might have been.
dovetail

Postby hendog on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:17 am

to bad was hoping jmu would lose cant stand them or there fans not a very big turnout last night must have been to cold for them f jmu
hendog

Postby Caribbean Hen on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:41 am

tenn hen wrote:Found myself rooting for WS at the get go though I thought I'd support our CAA team
really exciting game right down to the wire. Give JMU credit for getting thru. They are not the team of last season that dominated so much. Heck, we could have taken our game this season with..

Still wonder what exactly the rule is after a blocked field when the ball is initially still loose???? I thought players from both teams could grab, hold, etc.-kinda like a free for all. Called 94 for a block in the back(tackle),but !!!!That decision probably cost WS the game though we could find many other reasons.

Tenn, the Weber State DL was good last night and knocked Schor on his Azz several times, we had big trouble doing that as he toyed with us for the most part but i think JMU has several underclassmen on the OL right now, not sure if it's because of injuries... Weber State let that game get away from them as they had it, but no matter how confused Schor looked for most of the game, he still had the composure to hit the big play with 2 minutes left.... he is just a winner.

But I agree that JMU has been exposed, odds are they will not be repeating this year
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby bct2000 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:15 pm

tenn hen wrote:Found myself rooting for WS at the get go though I thought I'd support our CAA team

According to NCAA rules, the kicking team can recover a blocked field goal if the ball does not go past the LOS and advance it. It is a live ball until it goes past the LOS. If the ball goes past the LOS, it is a dead ball until the defending team touches it, similar to a punt. You can download the NCAA football rulebook here:

http://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4514- ... ectorID=0&
bct2000

UD Class: 1990

Postby tenn hen on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am

BCT -thanks for responding- I was referring to BEHIND the LOS - free for all as the ball is still not completely recovered(held) by anyone. If so- there would be no block in back/tackle by 94.
as to the rules- hell- I'm not a lawyer :D It would be like trying to read an agreement with loads of pages. :shock:
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Return to The Hen House