Phillies 2019

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.
Hens79
UD Class: 0

Re: Phillies 2019

Post by Hens79 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:49 am

Didn’t see the show so thanks for the summary joec. None of it is surprising. The Kapler fiasco was evident from his first game and never really changed. Same goes for Klentak. His mumbo jumbo “modern baseball” strategy, complete with tanking has been a failure with his biggest one hiring Kapler trying to show he was smarter than everyone else. Then the young buck went against his boss and still supported Kapler. It is a wonder he has his job. Hopefully WIP and other talk radio will start up the fire Klentak talk and move more of the public opinion. Middleton said part of the reason Kapler was fired was he knew the fans didn’t support him. Klentak is as a bad a GM as Kapler was a manager.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:54 am

Joe,

All I am saying is that Middleton has said on multiple news outlets that "Klentak will head up the search for the new manager." That's all.

There I go again.....Comical.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Youdee Blues
UD Class: 1996

Post by Youdee Blues » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:20 am

Joe - Did you see where Dykstra wants to be the Phils' manager? Now that would be a hoot. Can you imagine if you're down 5 runs in the ninth he'd just go out and challenge the other manager to a fight or something.

Anyway, I think it'd be a grave mistake to allow Klentak to lead the search for the new guy...you'd only get more of the same. Under the radar I'd bet dollars to donuts that Middleton is going to go just another year with Klentak as a lame duck, and will have the say on who gets interviewed this go-around. He'd be smarter to just clean house right now.

joe c

Post by joe c » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:31 am

You certainly are...Again just keeping you informed....If you get a chance to watch these 2 shows and if you even give a horses patoot watch these shows on the Phillies...They were ioformative big time...I certainly did not know all the goings on and not much of it good....They all feel Klentak's main job is resurrect the farm system that has become one of worst in baseball under his guide...However they also said it started long before he got there....Great call on Buck on Buck...Salisbury even changed his tune about him as he had a different song in the morning show...So maybe he heard something before night show... and he is good so I am thinking he tried to tell us some thing..

We even learned about Santana and the clubhouse having issues...Evidently Santana didn't like that players were playing Fortnight on X box during the game which infuriated Santana...After the game Santana smashed the TV into pieces which incensed Arrieta (one of the players) that he threw a chair at Santana...And Kap did nothing....One of the reasons why they feel this team needs a general....Salisbury reports that The fact that Middleton took over after doing his due diligence and 100% against Klentak's report decided to make a change...Every single panelist was for change....

I agree with you Pat that it will be Buck...We certainly could do a lot worse...But think Buck might be over the top the other way..To many rules...Honestly, it was good stuff w some of it hard to take if you are a Phillies fan...Watch it if they rebroadcast it...please.... It was that good and detailed....Bo was his usual funny smart Alec self...No word from the Krukker or Michail Jack though....

EDIT......Youdee when does Lenny get out? lolol...Salisbury said as much that Klentak is on the "hot seat"....Middleton also said more changes are coming....Presser today at one but predicted it will be a brother in law fest....All agreed that Klentak's main job and rightfully so that he needs to fix the farm...We only have 2 players inn whole system as of now that we have only 2 players that can make nan appearance in Philly Howard and Bohm...Now new name.... have another that came out of no where named Connor Seabold (a righty)...Finally healthy and he was lights out...He is dealing in the tough Arizona League presently....Opponents hitting 129 against him....So maybe 3....Middleton will do the interviews and make the choice....I think it is Buck but Girardi is the middle of road type General that is a good fit...Bo disagreed....The other hot name is Phil Nevin Yankees coach....

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:32 am

joe c wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:31 am
You certainly are...Again just keeping you informed....If you get a chance to watch these 2 shows and if you even give a horses patoot watch these shows on the Phillies...They were ioformative big time...I certainly did not know all the goings on and not much of it good....They all feel Klentak's main job is resurrect the farm system that has become one of worst in baseball under his guide...However they also said it started long before he got there....Great call on Buck on Buck...Salisbury even changed his tune about him as he had a different song in the morning show...So maybe he heard something before night show... and he is good so I am thinking he tried to tell us some thing..

We even learned about Santana and the clubhouse having issues...Evidently Santana didn't like that players were playing Fortnight on X box during the game which infuriated Santana...After the game Santana smashed the TV into pieces which incensed Arrieta (one of the players) that he threw a chair at Santana...And Kap did nothing....One of the reasons why they feel this team needs a general....Salisbury reports that The fact that Middleton took over after doing his due diligence and 100% against Klentak's report decided to make a change...Every single panelist was for change....

I agree with you Pat that it will be Buck...We certainly could do a lot worse...But think Buck might be over the top the other way..To many rules...Honestly, it was good stuff w some of it hard to take if you are a Phillies fan...Watch it if they rebroadcast it...please.... It was that good and detailed....Bo was his usual funny smart Alec self...No word from the Krukker or Michail Jack though....

EDIT......Youdee when does Lenny get out? lolol...Salisbury said as much that Klentak is on the "hot seat"....Middleton also said more changes are coming....Presser today at one but predicted it will be a brother in law fest....All agreed that Klentak's main job and rightfully so that he needs to fix the farm...We only have 2 players inn whole system as of now that we have only 2 players that can make nan appearance in Philly Howard and Bohm...Now new name.... have another that came out of no where named Connor Seabold (a righty)...Finally healthy and he was lights out...He is dealing in the tough Arizona League presently....Opponents hitting 129 against him....So maybe 3....Middleton will do the interviews and make the choice....I think it is Buck but Girardi is the middle of road type General that is a good fit...Bo disagreed....The other hot name is Phil Nevin Yankees coach....

Good Stuff

Thanks Joe

The key to getting this franchise back to where it needs to be in fixing the farm system. I don't have a lot, if any faith in Klentak to do that.

joe c

Post by joe c » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:01 pm

It was Pat...The good news is as reported by Salisbury is that Middleton a total hands on owner that he realizes he has got go over the luxury tax and will now...They did say we have no shot at Cole but Salisbury said that Hamils will be here in red.... They also Phillies want Zach Wheeler....Then Ben Davis threw the gut shot when he said "We are light years away"....OUCH!!!! Bo said we have 4 players and that is it....Harper Hoskins Nola and JT.....They were not kind to Segura at all....Anotherr ouch...Said he is lazy and doesn't hustle....and Kap lets it go because he had a double standard...

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:07 am

hmmmm, Middleton says part of the decision to fire Kapler was that the fans never accepted him....

I don't think I've ever heard that before, but it might be a stroke of genius to say it....

kind of a 2 for 1 deal, Middleton himself decides that Kapler is gone and strokes the fans by lying to them and saying they had something to do with it....

great move! :D

Can Segura be traded? if so, obviously Phils would need to get a SS as they have nothing close to being ready

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:42 pm

Of the supposed final 3, I wouldn’t be mad with any of them, but I think it’s pretty obvious that Girardi would be the best fit. Makes everyone happy. He’s got some old school in him and some analytical new school as well.

joe c

Post by joe c » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:39 am

Baker interviews for second time..Is Harper calling the shots? Anybody but Buck....Please.....

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:25 am

joe c wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:39 am
Baker interviews for second time..Is Harper calling the shots? Anybody but Buck....Please.....
I was more anti-Dusty than Buck. I think Girardi is the front-runner.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:42 pm

I keep hearing Girarldi to the Mets

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:06 pm

No old Dusty Bucks Please. Joe G is the right guy for the Phillies job.

joe c

Post by joe c » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:50 pm

UDPat wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:42 pm
I keep hearing Girarldi to the Mets
Me too Pat...He likes their pitching staff..Who wouldn't...in terms of rotation...However also said was Mets cannot compete with Phillies if it comes to money..Girardi has second interview scheduled for Monday if he is not a Met..
Please Phillies go get him. Don't blow it../.Anybody but Buck....Alot of this opinion is based on a conversation I had some years ago with Joba Chamberlain who happened to be sitting next to me at Grotto's...I recognized him...He was with hiss girl sitting next to me at bar...All he asked was that I I didn't announce his presence...He did not speak favorably of him at all... Bo said no way would Joe get along with Klentak...Mcphail loves Joe though...So we will see...I wouldn't mind Baker but that said, Harper is running the show as He loves Baker....

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:30 pm

It is being reported that Phillies are about to hire New Farm director from Yankees system.....Sweet....
Girardi has second interview tomorrow...

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:06 pm

Need to get Girardi in here Joe!!