Phillies 2019

This board is for general discussion not related to Blue Hen athletics. Viewable by all, membership required to post.
HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Re: Phillies 2019

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:28 am

I hate the Nats. Cant root or them. I want a Astros & Yanks series but the Rays are fun.

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:35 am

Reports of Kapler being fired NBC-10

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/sp ... 85221.html

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:41 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:35 am

As it should be. And Klentak should be next. He wanted to keep Kapler but was apparently over ruled by his bosses.

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:52 am

Kap is done!!!!!!!!!!!I can't root for Nats either...Just can't....t but they have that look..Rendon will be near Harper money...Cole going for Astros tonight...Would look good in Philly red...Don't think it will happen..The name I am hearing is Wade Miley or Keuchal.. Showalter expected to be named manager..I am no fan..We certainly can do worse..He is a baseball man...However he has managed 20 years and is a 50 50 win percentage...Never been to a world nseries..One league championship..He quit on Yankees and Orioles...He was rode out of Arizona..My best friend is a huge O's fan and he dislikes him...He is dead opposite of Kap To much by book...Way too much...Has an extremely quick hook..Not popular w any fan base he managed

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:39 am

Klentak is in charge of the new hire.

I think it will be Buck.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 am

Hens79 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:41 am
HENJOHN wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:35 am

As it should be. And Klentak should be next. He wanted to keep Kapler but was apparently over ruled by his bosses.
Not happening 79...He and Mcphail just signed extensions...A lot of talk.... names Salisbury stated are Buck, Girardi, Wathan, Ron Washington, A yankee Coach, Sciosa...a few others...Mcpahail and Back worked together in Baltimore but said he is a my way or highway type of guy...That might not go well in Philly not to mention his numbers....He never won squat and quit on 2 teams...He said this team needs a "general" exactly what I said they need..

For better and mainly worse we are stuck with computer boy...Now work on the darn pathetic farm...

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:54 am

UDPat wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:39 am
Klentak is in charge of the new hire.

I think it will be Buck.

HUH. LOLOL. Klentak wanted Kap back...Middleton will make final call not Computer boy...No one else..period....Listen to Salisbury he just told you...He fired Kap and will make final call on manager...The fans thinking played heavily into kap......I mentioned the names...I also feel it is Buck unfortunately....He never won squat and wore out his welcome...He effin quit on 2 teams....He is old school dead opposite of kap..However he worked w McPhail in Baltimore....Salisbury said Buck's my way or highway mentality might be a problem w Middleton who is hands on...Said the Phillies will have to spend over the luxury tax but he thinks they will...He said Middleton is dead serious to bring a winner but fan opinion ranks high on Middleton list...
He said they need a "General". Middleton went against Klentak's report to him....Hmmmmmmmmm

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Joe, Back away from the ledge, it's not worth getting upset over.

I could care less but that's what I read and that was Middleton's quote.

He may make the final say but Klentak will present the cast of characters

BlueHenForLife
UD Class: 1900

Post by BlueHenForLife » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:03 pm

joe c wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:54 am

HUH. LOLOL. Klentak wanted Kap back...Middleton will make final call not Computer boy...No one else..period....Listen to Salisbury he just told you...He fired Kap and will make final call on manager...The fans thinking played heavily into kap......I mentioned the names...I also feel it is Buck unfortunately....He never won squat and wore out his welcome...He effin quit on 2 teams....He is old school dead opposite of kap..However he worked w McPhail in Baltimore....Salisbury said Buck's my way or highway mentality might be a problem w Middleton who is hands on...Said the Phillies will have to spend over the luxury tax but he thinks they will...He said Middleton is dead serious to bring a winner but fan opinion ranks high on Middleton list...
He said they need a "General". Middleton went against Klentak's report to him....Hmmmmmmmmm
Steinbrenner fired Buck after the 95 season, primarily because he refused to get rid of Rick Down, his hitting coach. Steinbrenner hires Torre shortly after, but a few days later, Steinbrenner changes his mind and tries to rehire Buck. Buck had just accepted the offer to be the D-backs future manager, and turned down Steinbrenner. How is that quitting on the Yankees?

Not saying Buck is the answer, but I'll take him over Kap.

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Believe what you like Blue....BTW he isn't high on anyones list on todays marathon..No one...Way to many rules as one reason besides the fact he never won squat...Another great show tonight at 6..Todays marathon was magnificent.Absolutely the best I have ever seen on the Phillies....Bo, Davis TMac and the rest were honest yet polite and told the deal...For example as I stated he is dead opposite of kap...Maddon as well who has no rules like kappa what so ever...They said Maddon lets his players bro whatever they wanted to...And that won't ghostwrited here....Buck on the other hand has to control every aspect of every detail and that won't go well and will wear out his welcome especially with todays player...Their words....Many names mentioned bt Middleton will make decision after recommendations...

For you 79....Salisbury said Klentak "isn't sitting in good place as Middleton went against his report"....Davis said nMiddleton wants more baseball than analytics..Thinks nit will be a name and has experience bt likes Sandy Alomar and Joe Girardi...Bo thinks there might be an issue in relationships between Joe and Klentak...
Both said Buck is a control freak and players and upper management grew tired of it no matter where he was...

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:32 pm

I sure hope you guys watched Phillies show either today or tonight...Two different shows..Both Amazing....

Here are some comments....

No structure, Inmates ran the asylum.. Kap lost Philly in his first game when he pulled Nola....Davis said No manager was going to win with this team. That Talent wins....It starts with player development which is biggest problem..
Haven't assessed talent well...
Farm system is horrible
Klentak did nothing to replace Cutch
Here is a tough one...davis said the Phillies Are light years away..
Bo was funny as usual smart azz self..
That kap's vernacular was not like us...wont even walk into a Wawa...lol...
To much by data sheet and not by his eyes or guts..
Hard on Hoskins.. Bo jumped in and said Jt can play first hmmmmmmm
To many different line ups..
Have to re up JT..
Klentak is on hot seat. big time..
He should have been under review as much as kap
Wont get Cole to much money.. but Salisbury said hamils will be here..
Also Zach Wheeler...
Bo hated Young
worst move they made in years was firing Kranitz...
When he talked about young and analytics about VV and Pivetta locating heat in a high plain quadrant salisbury quipped Those guys can't locate anything let alone a fastball in a certain spot..
so much more.....

Salisbury wants Girardi
Bo wants Phil Nevin
Davis wants Alomar w honorable mention to Matt Stairs

Chase Utley name came up as did Raul Ibanez

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:06 pm

That show was great. Alot of good discussion.

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 pm

UDPat wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:02 pm

No ledge Patrick, not until Embiids shoots 10 3's in a game in a couple of weeks...lol
Not according to todays 2 shows brother its all Middleton...Salisbury said not a good testament that Middleton over ruled Klentak...Of course they are going to say right things...I am are he will have his nasty but Middleton will make the hire..All agreed Klentak on hot seat but about improving club...But Davis thinks they are "light years away"...Ouch.....

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:00 am

joe c wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 pm
UDPat wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:02 pm

No ledge Patrick, not until Embiids shoots 10 3's in a game in a couple of weeks...lol
Not according to todays 2 shows brother its all Middleton...Salisbury said not a good testament that Middleton over ruled Klentak...Of course they are going to say right things...I am are he will have his nasty but Middleton will make the hire..All agreed Klentak on hot seat but about improving club...But Davis thinks they are "light years away"...Ouch.....
Joe,

Whatever you say. You didn't understand what I said. No issues. I know how important the message board title is to you. :lol: :wink:

joe c

Post by joe c » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:24 am

There you go again with non sense. Just trying to help you out w the correct info....

Title????????? Huh...no capiche