Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5760
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by jd of de » Tue May 12, 2020 3:43 am

HenFromWA wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:53 pm
UDHoops wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:33 pm
If they do indeed feel set about their roster heading into this season, regardless if I agree with it or not, I hope they still find a way to fill that last scholarship slot with a transfer who can be a big-impact player in 2021. Giving Mutts and Darling a full year to practice with the team had them very comfortable with each other early in 2019. Hoping that trend continues and Gardner becomes a solid 6th man for us after already being here for a season.
I like that we have Gardner as a 6th man. In all honesty, I could see him coming off the bench at times for Mutts or Painter and going 4 guards to open up some lanes.
Match-ups, be they be us matching up with a opponent or us creating a mismatch with a opponent, will always matter. That said HenFromWA brings up a valid view.

We are also only replacing 30 minutes, 8.8 points and 5.7 rebounds a game. My first criteria for a grad transfer? It ain't size or production. It's does he fit our current team chemistry.

We replace Goss and Cushing with Arletti, Gardner and Carr and Novakovich, McCoy and Asamoah are no longer freshman. I like what we got.

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 5552
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by tenn hen » Tue May 12, 2020 8:10 am

tenn hen wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:11 am
HomeMessage BoardsOther SportsHen Hoops
Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection
UDPat wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:11 am
tenn hen wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:38 am
Pat- just the guys that Darth and others have been posting about for a long time. I'm no expert on these guys, but I've noticed a number have not chosen UD. that's all
You have developed a little of the BHB's.

Just because a player was mentioned by Darth, UDForever or anyone doesn't UD has interest or made an offer. So I went and looked at all 9 pages.

They reached out to 2 guards, Ryan Bentley(Cal)and Antwaun Butler(undecided)
I put no stock I someone following someone on twitter. Anyone can do that.

The only big I see them showing interest in was Diarri from St. Louis who is going to Eastern Ill. I saw Dave mention someone named Hickson but I have no clue if we are interested.





I know you keep a continual black cloud over football and Women's Bball.

You have no proof that anything remotely close to that is the case with Mens hoops. But I do agree, another Goss type to add depth would be a nice addition.
sorry if my limited opinion about those 2 sports set you off. I believe that cloud still continues to remain unless you believe otherwise.
I don't get your nitpicking and trumplike personal comments. We're all fans of UD sports or we wouldn't read and/or post.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

UDPat
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UDPat » Tue May 12, 2020 10:16 am

tenn hen wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:10 am
tenn hen wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:11 am
HomeMessage BoardsOther SportsHen Hoops
Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection
UDPat wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:11 am
tenn hen wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:38 am
Pat- just the guys that Darth and others have been posting about for a long time. I'm no expert on these guys, but I've noticed a number have not chosen UD. that's all
You have developed a little of the BHB's.

Just because a player was mentioned by Darth, UDForever or anyone doesn't UD has interest or made an offer. So I went and looked at all 9 pages.

They reached out to 2 guards, Ryan Bentley(Cal)and Antwaun Butler(undecided)
I put no stock I someone following someone on twitter. Anyone can do that.

The only big I see them showing interest in was Diarri from St. Louis who is going to Eastern Ill. I saw Dave mention someone named Hickson but I have no clue if we are interested.





I know you keep a continual black cloud over football and Women's Bball.

You have no proof that anything remotely close to that is the case with Mens hoops. But I do agree, another Goss type to add depth would be a nice addition.
sorry if my limited opinion about those 2 sports set you off. I believe that cloud still continues to remain unless you believe otherwise.
I don't get your nitpicking and trumplike personal comments. We're all fans of UD sports or we wouldn't read and/or post.

Wow,

So we can just make broad statements with no substance and assume them the truth??

I don't have any issue with your views of football and womens hoops. I have said nothing to disparage these comments made by you. It does appear that you do seem to like beat a dead horse to a pulp on these subjects.

You made comments that it appears the Mens Hoops team is striking out in their pursuit of a number of transfers. So instead of just responding, I took the time to gather actual information. The information obtained proved you comments are pretty much off base. So if that is nitpicking or Trumplike, that is your issue.

You can continue to the biggest black cloud in the world on those boards and I have/will never respond. May chuckle a little when I read them.

But when it comes to Men's Hoop, I guess am I fact checker and the FACTS does NOT support 1 word in you statement. It's not that I don't agree another Goss type would be beneficial, depth would be nice. But there is a significant difference in 0 for everybody vs 0 for 1 or 2.

It's the one freaking sport that has a ton of optimism, we don't need no false black cloud pessimism. Want to enjoy the few good runs this team has.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

dchen
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 5:01 pm
UD Class: 1972
Location: Washington DC

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by dchen » Tue May 12, 2020 1:33 pm

Inspired by UD Pat;' sports bucket list, here is mine:

1) UD Mlax becomes a perennial top 10 team and gets into some final fours.
2) UD football - I'll just leave that alone. After the pounding of the last 10 years, not sure what I want. We've lost a decade.
3) Red Sox - Cubs World Series, the two remaining historic stadiums go at it.

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 5552
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by tenn hen » Wed May 13, 2020 8:38 am

Pat- fact check from your posts= false

Tenn has been positive about the men's bball future and his desire to see 1 big added to the 2020 team.
His reference to a black cloud over the other 2 programs is valid based on their past years decline.

summation and end of my responses to your lengthy nasty posts:
Attack, Deflection, False premise= ludicrous and hateful= emblematic of our society today. :(
not surprising to read as you have a tendency to enjoy this pattern of behavior. :(
insecurity?
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

UDPat
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UDPat » Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 am

tenn hen wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:38 am
Pat- fact check from your posts= false

Tenn has been positive about the men's bball future and his desire to see 1 big added to the 2020 team.
His reference to a black cloud over the other 2 programs is valid based on their past years decline.

summation and end of my responses to your lengthy nasty posts:
Attack, Deflection, False premise= ludicrous and hateful= emblematic of our society today. :(
not surprising to read as you have a tendency to enjoy this pattern of behavior. :(
insecurity?
No insecurity what so ever, and you call that a attack?? Thin skinned then.
I will not respond anymore to any of your way off posts. I will continue to let facts get in your way. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

darthdave
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 am
UD Class: 1993

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by darthdave » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 am

Latest Bracketology out.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

The good news...We are still representing the CAA. The not so good news....we are a 16 seed in the play-in game vs Robert Morris with winner facing #1 seed Nova.

America East Vermont is showing as a 12 seed.

UDPat
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UDPat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:57 am

darthdave wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 am
Latest Bracketology out.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

The good news...We are still representing the CAA. The not so good news....we are a 16 seed in the play-in game vs Robert Morris with winner facing #1 seed Nova.

America East Vermont is showing as a 12 seed.
Former Coach Tom Brennan begged us to leave the AE during the Brey haydays!!! He got his wish and it has been a great 20 years for them since we left. Have seen a few games at Patrick Gymnasium. 3K plus for hoops and than right over to the Hockey Arena where 4500+ root for their Cats!!!

Vermont is such an awesome place!!!!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

User avatar
Henny
Posts: 2867
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:02 pm
UD Class: 1985
Location: Newark De.

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by Henny » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:58 am

darthdave wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 am
Latest Bracketology out.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

The good news...We are still representing the CAA. The not so good news....we are a 16 seed in the play-in game vs Robert Morris with winner facing #1 seed Nova.

America East Vermont is showing as a 12 seed.
I wonder where he'd have us seeded if the Colonial had a TV contract with ESPN instead of CBS. Just a thought.
Football weather baby...Lets win a game....By hook or crook..Time to show some heart and guts....Tough game....Love the 26 degrees that's what it is about.... Posted by Joe C 11/9/19

User avatar
jd of de
Posts: 5760
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by jd of de » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 am

No way a CAA team is a 16 seed if they have 20 wins. Zero. Nada.

finpxz1
Posts: 1701
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:08 am

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by finpxz1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:00 pm

jd of de wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 am
No way a CAA team is a 16 seed if they have 20 wins. Zero. Nada.
Agreed...barring something completely unforeseen, the CAA is pretty much locked in at a 13 or 14 seed.

User avatar
UD '01 grad
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 pm
UD Class: 2001

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:14 pm

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ration/360

Latest version has CAA vs. MEAC champs in epic 16 vs. 16 tussle.

Delaware still listed as CAA qualifier.

BlueHenBill
Posts: 7032
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 am

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by BlueHenBill » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:01 pm

I don't know if these forecasts picking UD as the CAA Champ are factoring in Mutts' departure.

finpxz1
Posts: 1701
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:08 am

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by finpxz1 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:34 pm

There is no way the CAA champ is a 16 seed...barring something completely whacky like the 9 or 10 seed winning the CAA tournament.

User avatar
UD '01 grad
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 pm
UD Class: 2001

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:27 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:01 pm
I don't know if these forecasts picking UD as the CAA Champ are factoring in Mutts' departure.
News broke end of May. In the two projected brackets since then, Hens have been No. 16 seeds in play-in games. Before they were a No. 15 seed.

Post Reply