Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Discussion of Blue Hen Basketall (Men's & Women's). This board is open for all to view, but you must be a registered user to post.
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Basketball to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
User avatar
UD '01 grad
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 pm
UD Class: 2001

Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UD '01 grad » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Preseason CAA favorite Hens a No. 15 seed in East vs. No. 2 Duke. .... never too early I guess. (Nova No. 1 in East).

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iter ... &year=2020

Rooster5
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:57 am
UD Class: 1999

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by Rooster5 » Sun May 10, 2020 12:13 pm

How does it look like panning out next year?

https://www.sportsbetting3.com/ncaabb/c ... ll-betting

I assume teams like Dayton and Gonzaga will be out of contention losing Tobbin, and Tillie and Ayayi.

Auburn also losing entire starting 5 with 4 seniors out and Okoro to NBA! oof.

darthdave
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 am
UD Class: 1993

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by darthdave » Sun May 10, 2020 1:09 pm

The CAA is a guard league so as long as our big 3 stay healthy and have a good year, we should be there. Last year we stayed healthy....that will be key especially in front court. Hoping to see a big man transfer eligible this year for depth but that is a tough sell as most grad transfers are looking to start.

If Painter were to go down, we have Mutts, Novakovich and Carr. MI needs another big for this upcoming year IMO. I don’t care if he he is 6’6/6’7...if he can defend and rebound and provide toughness, it’s needed. Ideally Novakovich takes the next step and puts on some weight but I feel he is more of a perimeter big and not one to mix it up, rebound, etc.

HenFromWA
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:50 pm
UD Class: 2019

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by HenFromWA » Sun May 10, 2020 2:18 pm

I agree that another bug would be helpful. Would love to see a rebounder, some teams got too many offensive rebounds against us last season. Hopefully Painter and Mutts can work on that during the off-season too.

finpxz1
Posts: 1701
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:08 am

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by finpxz1 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Completely agree...if '20-21 is gonna be a "special" season, we will need another big for rebounding, defense, and depth. Fingers crossed...

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 5552
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by tenn hen » Mon May 11, 2020 9:11 am

I've been posting of the need for another big man(transfer or not though a transfer would be best) since the conclusion of last season. I'm concerned that the guys MI and staff are trying to get seem to go elsewhere. It's possible that since guards are the staff's main focus many transfers shy away from our program. Be that as it may, we need a quality tough guy underneath especially if an injury occurs up front.

I still believe Carr will be a fantastic addition with his outstanding skills/athletic ability.

This coming year could/should be our "shot" best ever in getting past the 1st round.

stay safe all. The unknown future is upon us. :x and :(
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

UDPat
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UDPat » Mon May 11, 2020 9:17 am

As has been stated a few times, most of the grad transfers are looking for 1 thing, yes more than winning and it's PT.

We are not an attractive destination if that is your goal.

Can you tell me what bigs they were targeting have gone elsewhere? I would love to know, Thanks
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

User avatar
tenn hen
Posts: 5552
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
UD Class: 1967
Location: TN.

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by tenn hen » Mon May 11, 2020 9:38 am

Pat- just the guys that Darth and others have been posting about for a long time. I'm no expert on these guys, but I've noticed a number have not chosen UD. that's all
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

UDPat
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UDPat » Mon May 11, 2020 11:11 am

tenn hen wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:38 am
Pat- just the guys that Darth and others have been posting about for a long time. I'm no expert on these guys, but I've noticed a number have not chosen UD. that's all
You have developed a little of the BHB's.

Just because a player was mentioned by Darth, UDForever or anyone doesn't UD has interest or made an offer. So I went and looked at all 9 pages.

They reached out to 2 guards, Ryan Bentley(Cal)and Antwaun Butler(undecided)
I put no stock I someone following someone on twitter. Anyone can do that.

The only big I see them showing interest in was Diarri from St. Louis who is going to Eastern Ill. I saw Dave mention someone named Hickson but I have no clue if we are interested.

I know you keep a continual black cloud over football and Women's Bball.

You have no proof that anything remotely close to that is the case with Mens hoops. But I do agree, another Goss type to add depth would be a nice addition.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Udforever1
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 pm
UD Class: 1900

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by Udforever1 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:39 am

Like Pat said, PT is the most important thing for grad transfers. If we are going to get a grad transfer big, it’s most likely going to be someone from a low level (A-East, NEC, etc) who’s numbers were maybe like 5 and 3 at that respective school. A guy who knows that in coming here his role will be limited but is looking to play for a team that has a legit shot to go to the tourney and can end his career on a high note.

I have no idea if we have even the slightest interest, but I still think a guy like Anthony Ochefu from Stony would be ideal.

UDPat
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UDPat » Mon May 11, 2020 12:08 pm

Udforever1 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:39 am
Like Pat said, PT is the most important thing for grad transfers. If we are going to get a grad transfer big, it’s most likely going to be someone from a low level (A-East, NEC, etc) who’s numbers were maybe like 5 and 3 at that respective school. A guy who knows that in coming here his role will be limited but is looking to play for a team that has a legit shot to go to the tourney and can end his career on a high note.

I have no idea if we have even the slightest interest, but I still think a guy like Anthony Ochefu from Stony would be ideal.
U mean a Goss type??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Udforever1
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 pm
UD Class: 1900

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by Udforever1 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:21 pm

UDPat wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:08 pm
Udforever1 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:39 am
Like Pat said, PT is the most important thing for grad transfers. If we are going to get a grad transfer big, it’s most likely going to be someone from a low level (A-East, NEC, etc) who’s numbers were maybe like 5 and 3 at that respective school. A guy who knows that in coming here his role will be limited but is looking to play for a team that has a legit shot to go to the tourney and can end his career on a high note.

I have no idea if we have even the slightest interest, but I still think a guy like Anthony Ochefu from Stony would be ideal.
U mean a Goss type??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Exactly Pat.

darthdave
Posts: 3369
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 am
UD Class: 1993

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by darthdave » Mon May 11, 2020 12:46 pm

If the staff is looking to bring in a transfer big who can play this year, this is the list of transfers still available: Not suggesting we are pursuing any of these players but if we do sign immediate eligible bigman, he will come from this list.

Noah Bigirumwami 6'10 210 Chicago St
Kene Chukwaka 6'9 235 Pitt
Elton Datcher 6'10 255 MIss St
Chandler Dows 6'8 235 Texas St
Lorenzo Edwards 6'8 210 St Joes
David Erebor 6'9 230 Brown
Sasha French 6'11 235 Albany
Mikey Henn 6'8 230 Cal Baptist
Darius Hicks 6'8 225 E. Kentucky
M. Kara-Camara 7'0 270 Cal St Northridge
Mike manning 6'9 210 Wofford
Jakub Mijakowski 6'7 230 Penn
Brandon Suggs 6'8 220 Kansas City
Mark Tikhonenko 6'10 240 Sam Houston
Austin Trice 6'7 235 Portland

I have not seen us mentioned with any big man transfer who is eligible immediately. The staff could feel very good about Novakovich and Carr and the 20/21 roster is set.

User avatar
UDHoops
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:59 pm
UD Class: 2023

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by UDHoops » Mon May 11, 2020 1:33 pm

If they do indeed feel set about their roster heading into this season, regardless if I agree with it or not, I hope they still find a way to fill that last scholarship slot with a transfer who can be a big-impact player in 2021. Giving Mutts and Darling a full year to practice with the team had them very comfortable with each other early in 2019. Hoping that trend continues and Gardner becomes a solid 6th man for us after already being here for a season.

HenFromWA
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:50 pm
UD Class: 2019

Re: Hens vs. Duke in 2020-21 NCAAB bracket projection

Post by HenFromWA » Mon May 11, 2020 6:53 pm

UDHoops wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:33 pm
If they do indeed feel set about their roster heading into this season, regardless if I agree with it or not, I hope they still find a way to fill that last scholarship slot with a transfer who can be a big-impact player in 2021. Giving Mutts and Darling a full year to practice with the team had them very comfortable with each other early in 2019. Hoping that trend continues and Gardner becomes a solid 6th man for us after already being here for a season.
I like that we have Gardner as a 6th man. In all honesty, I could see him coming off the bench at times for Mutts or Painter and going 4 guards to open up some lanes.

Post Reply