Poll: Was Henderson a Top 5 Hens QB of all-time?

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

Was Henderson a Top 5 Hens QB of all-time?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:25 am

-- Yes, of course. Local kid makes good. Just look at the numbers. Heart, determination, skill, had to run for his life half the time to make plays. And as good as he was, think if he had been handled properly at the start of his career or had a little more help on his side of the ball. We will definitely feel the impact of his departure for years to come.
5%
-- Definitely in the top 10, but can be convinced to go even higher. Impressive statistics, yes. Great leader, of course. I wish we had a QB with his skills on some Hens teams of the past. He may have been the difference between playoffs/no playoffs or perhaps a title. Will be missed in 2023.
30%
-- No, clearly, but top 15 for sure. To me, reaching a national title game is key to making the upper, upper echelon. Definitely made us a better team/program but he's not on Delaware's Mount Rushmore of QBs to me. Wish he had had last year's weapons throughout his career.
55%
-- No, and not close. Great kid, thanks for everything, but was always slightly overrated because of his First State ties. A player with his speed should dominate with his legs like some of our great QBs of the past. Seemed like there was always something missing. Wish him well in the future but comparing stats of 2020 QBs and 1970s/1980s QBs is a fool's errand.
10%

Total votes: 73

Henzone

Re: Poll: Was Henderson a Top 5 Hens QB of all-time?

Post by Henzone »

BlueHenBill wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:32 pm
Henzone wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:21 am ESPN will be soon featuring a short story on Nolan and his new situation with the Ravens. He is wearing #5. What a coincidence.
Any idea yet when this will air?
ESPN will attempt to air it this week. Personal interest story featuring Nolan's love for the Blue Hens and Flacco at an early age I'm told.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Should be an interesting fun piece to see. Looking forward to it
Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny »

Nolan is a great ambassador for UD football and I'm looking forward to this piece.
Proud to be a F*king Blue Hen :D