Thanks to a Former Blue Hen, Nasir Adderley!

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Info Hound

Re: Thanks to a Former Blue Hen, Nasir Adderley!

Post by Info Hound »

Great job, Dan!
#JUST WIN
Cluck U
UD Class: 0

Post by Cluck U »

There's that word again...ATTACK. Hard to believe that word is used to describe our D. :roll:

Carty should sit the team down and watch The Princess Bride. :lol:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

Should be an interesting year for our Hens. Carty knows his QBs, and we have a couple QBs who (hopefully) won't be afraid to take off and use their legs. For those who watched the FCS playoffs last year...a mobile QB (who is willing to run - forward...not just running around - for yards) is necessary for success. Drives defenses crazy and moves the chains.

The CAA is once again there to be won. Only Richmond had a graceful exit from the FCS playoffs. The others?

31-6 Elon
42-6 UD
55-7 W&M
35-19 UNH

And those were the best the CAA had to offer. :shock: Embarrassing. :oops:

We aren't done loading up on talent...can't be. We need a lot more talent to compete with the big boys in this subdivision. Carty needs to evaluate what he has and then go out and bring in bigger and better players onto this team. The only thing the big blue practice tarps are covering is how far we are from being among the top teams, and unfortunately, that is no secret.

But, at least with Carty, we have hope. He has won with the best, so he knows how far we need to go. C'mon, Carty...make it so.
Tubby: 3 national titles, one won on the field, all D2
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS
Carty: 2 on-field national titles, one as a player, one as an OC, both FCS

Carty - get an FBS bowl win!
Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Cluck U wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:29 pm There's that word again...ATTACK. Hard to believe that word is used to describe our D. :roll:

Carty should sit the team down and watch The Princess Bride. :lol:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

Should be an interesting year for our Hens. Carty knows his QBs, and we have a couple QBs who (hopefully) won't be afraid to take off and use their legs. For those who watched the FCS playoffs last year...a mobile QB (who is willing to run - forward...not just running around - for yards) is necessary for success. Drives defenses crazy and moves the chains.

The CAA is once again there to be won. Only Richmond had a graceful exit from the FCS playoffs. The others?

31-6 Elon
42-6 UD
55-7 W&M
35-19 UNH

And those were the best the CAA had to offer. :shock: Embarrassing. :oops:

We aren't done loading up on talent...can't be. We need a lot more talent to compete with the big boys in this subdivision. Carty needs to evaluate what he has and then go out and bring in bigger and better players onto this team. The only thing the big blue practice tarps are covering is how far we are from being among the top teams, and unfortunately, that is no secret.

But, at least with Carty, we have hope. He has won with the best, so he knows how far we need to go. C'mon, Carty...make it so.
Nice post Cluck, but why are you talking about actual football on gohens? Just kidding of course

Agree we need more talent and maybe a lot more, many unknowns right now but that’s fine as it’s only April. I say need more talent to be able to beat the top FCS teams come playoff time, we can win the CAA if things break right. As always, comes down to the Nova game and that demon needs an exorcist

I think William & Mary is the pre season favorite in the CAA. The Deep Freeze deployment to Montana St was literally a game where things snowballed … But yea an ugly loss for the CAA, but they have everyone coming back.

Manny Rojas had talent the past few years and our D was ranked top 3 in the country statistically, so they always say we’re going to attack but that is just for the fans, you can attack on D playing Rojas style as long as you have the talent. Now this year is when we really are gonna find out about Manny.

Looking forward to seeing who wins the QB job, Marker or O’Conner are going to have an outstanding group of WRs but I’m not naming names …
recruiting recruiting recruiting...It ain't rocket science....We need better more athletic players...That simple....

posted by Joe C December 10th, 2019
Henzone

Post by Henzone »

“I think Ryan and Zach have both really taken a step toward having a great competition,” said Carty. “It’s going to go for a while but, I tell you what, I’ve been very impressed. They’re both doing a very good job of not making the same mistake twice."
4/13 Bay to Bay Sports

Townsend, Witcher and Harvin seem to be leading the pack at WR.
Hensfansince03
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hensfansince03 »

Henzone wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:26 am “I think Ryan and Zach have both really taken a step toward having a great competition,” said Carty. “It’s going to go for a while but, I tell you what, I’ve been very impressed. They’re both doing a very good job of not making the same mistake twice."
4/13 Bay to Bay Sports

Townsend, Witcher and Harvin seem to be leading the pack at WR.
Read the bay to bay article. Carty realizes we have some holes, we need more talented players everywhere, and recruiting via the portal is in full force. Transfer Portal just opened up again so we will see some more players come in and possibly some leave after spring practice. Roster will be different when summer practice starts than it is now. The staff has their work cut out for them this year with the majority of our starters going to be completely new. Hopefully this does not turn into a rebuilding year...... Carty Realizes rebuilding years are not acceptable at Delaware, especially with the wat the portal works now.
Henzone

Post by Henzone »

03- The 22 Navy game will go down in history as one of the highlights of Blue Hen football but it was the defense that clearly won that game for the Hens plus a good interjection of enthusiasm from our new head coach .We all thought we might be heading to Frisco down the road. Proud to have been there.
But , we really did nothing after that to even contend for the CAA and wobbled into the playoffs losing 3 of our last 4 and drawing a very lame St Francis . Then the reality check at South Dakota ! In 23 everyone on that special D is gone and so are most of the real Offensive glue. This will be a true test of our new staff and Carty's ability to not only put the right players on the field but also the ability to call the right plays at the right times.
This isn't about rebuilding as much as it is about validating his head coaching ability.
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

I don't remember anyone talking about going to Frisco after that one game, but I do remember many feeling like a glimmer of hope might be there after the previous 5 year doldrums. As far as St Francis goes, nobody thought they were lame before our game including alot of hoopla about their QB. We made them look poor and unprepared reminding us the importance of Home playoff games. That said this is indeed an important year in re-establishing the momentum and improving overall. Looks like we might have some kids that can play QB and Hopefully the summer brings some big boys that can help out. Exciting times.
Henzone

Post by Henzone »

You weren't on the bus returning from Annapolis!
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

Henzone wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:47 pm You weren't on the bus returning from Annapolis!
No I wasn't but that's hardly everyone and remember there's nothing wrong with enthusiasm, an emotion that had been greatly lacking prior to the new staff coming in. Let's hope they keep it rolling. The Penn State bus ride might be different for us but I'm going anyway!
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

The offensive glue left? :lol:

Anyone want to take a guess as to whether we score more points this year than last year? Maybe that will be a poll. I'll take the over. :D

And, our D was not as good as some folks advertised last year. Much hype...then they just got absolutely run over and destroyed (yet again) when facing a good team. Plenty of tricks against lower competition...but it was (again) boys against men when we faced SDSU.

Rojas has learned nothing in his years here. Nada. Zip. Came back with the same undersized, unaggressive D hoping it would hold up against the big boys. Seriously...he got a taste of reality and his azz kicked, and he came back with the same game plan against the same damn team and they did the same things dismantling us as they did the first time. When you watch the pre-game video of the SDSU coach...you know he knew his O would simply grind us down and they didn't consider us a threat on D. A Patriot team put up a better fight. Embarrassing. :oops:

Anyway, looking forward to Carty fixing our Hens and making us better than last year. Bring in the beef and get us over the hump. And stay aggressive...way more fun to watch.
Keeler: 3 national titles, all won on the field, one as a player, two as a coach, 1 D2, 2 FCS

Henzone

Post by Henzone »

Cluck- Like most of the posters on here I can't keep up with all your ridiculous
posts on every single subject mentioned but you've actually outdone yourself on denigrating our 2022 D so I must comment............

Led the CAA in Total Defense and Scoring Defense and had Henley, Hemingway, Plack, Whitehead, McGowan and Buchanan make all-CAA

Nationally finished 3rd in Total Defense and 4th in Scoring Defense. Plus add Whitehead & Buchanan to most of the AA teams.

Not as good as advertised?

Keep in mind that the Hens finished tied for 6th in the CAA with 2 other schools and it wasn't because the Defense was failing on 4th down and in the red zone.
Cluck U

Post by Cluck U »

Denigrate?

Love a lot of those players. Fun, enthusiastic. Great Blue Hen ambassadors. Special people…yup. Special players? Nope.

But all I did was accurately tell the truth about what happened when we stepped up against a real team. We got obliterated. That is a fact. Twice. That was no accident. They weren’t games of inches…we weren’t within light years of SDSU.

Stats? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pile up all the stats one wants in the crappy CAA, but when it was time to play against the big boys, we were not in the same universe. SDSU beat us at every position. They beat our DL, they beat our LBs and they beat our DBs. They beat the snot out of us and it wasn’t close.

Carty had a team with a boatload of talent. Won a national championship with that team by beating JMU, NDSU and SDSU. The talent differences between that team and our team was as vast as it was between us and SDSU.

Simple fact…we weren’t in the same league as either of those teams. Special? Only in the minds of those that don’t know football.

I am looking forward to Carty building a much better set of teams here that can compete nationally, not just in the second rate CAA.

henjet
UD Class: 1900

Post by henjet »

some people are happy with a 8-3 or 9-2 record every year and a home playoff game, others want more, like a better schedule and a move up and a great team that competes with the better teams. time to move on from the watered down CAA, not good enough to just make playoffs and lose or get smoked by better teams
Hengrad07
UD Class: 2007

Post by Hengrad07 »

Cluck U wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:50 pm Denigrate?

Love a lot of those players. Fun, enthusiastic. Great Blue Hen ambassadors. Special people…yup. Special players? Nope.

But all I did was accurately tell the truth about what happened when we stepped up against a real team. We got obliterated. That is a fact. Twice. That was no accident. They weren’t games of inches…we weren’t within light years of SDSU.

Stats? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pile up all the stats one wants in the crappy CAA, but when it was time to play against the big boys, we were not in the same universe. SDSU beat us at every position. They beat our DL, they beat our LBs and they beat our DBs. They beat the snot out of us and it wasn’t close.

Carty had a team with a boatload of talent. Won a national championship with that team by beating JMU, NDSU and SDSU. The talent differences between that team and our team was as vast as it was between us and SDSU.

Simple fact…we weren’t in the same league as either of those teams. Special? Only in the minds of those that don’t know football.

I am looking forward to Carty building a much better set of teams here that can compete nationally, not just in the second rate CAA.
I agree that the BeatKats team was loaded!! Love to see if Carty can “sell” UDFB to transfers as KCK does at SHSU... After some of those semi-final blowouts, KCK said they needed an OL like JMU, or something close to that.

The playoff run that SHSU had to win the Natty, was impressive! Looking forward to Carty doing the same in Newark... #GoHens
#JustWinBaby
HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN »

henjet wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:12 am some people are happy with a 8-3 or 9-2 record every year and a home playoff game, others want more, like a better schedule and a move up and a great team that competes with the better teams. time to move on from the watered down CAA, not good enough to just make playoffs and lose or get smoked by better teams
I think this is what we all are hoping for.