NJ Article on Spending

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: NJ Article on Spending

Post by tenn hen » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:02 am

It's really ironic. Just as the stadium renovations/apc are moving from archaic to modern, our Blue Hen football program has been heading down the drain. Now the Covid menace has hit, and we may never utilize our improvements to their max(fill the stadium). As most seem to agree, our past losers leading the university(while our sports teams had been quite successful) foolishly let the chance to kick us up a notch fade into oblivion. Had the facilities been upgraded earlier, we might have attracted a truly top notch dynamic head coach and become the NDSU of the FCS and possibly gone FBS. Maybe even get an offer from the ACC which would have been an awesome fit and challenge. Darn, can you imagine- sing to Lennon's classic " Imagine":
imagine great athletic opponents
it's easy if you try
no CAA competition
above us only sky
imagine fans living for kickoff day
:lol:

I congratulate president Assanis for his outlook on sports("porch" to UD). I wondered at the outset when he selected CR as AD.
Her ability in financial affairs was obviously solid, but there was little experience on her resume to judge her ability to recruit top notch coaches to rectify our doldrums. DR is the sad result :oops: for UD's present ineptness.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

hens4life
UD Class: 1981

Post by hens4life » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 pm

If UD can't sell-out (ATTENDANCE: 14489) 8-time FCSChamps NDSU, the problem is much bigger than most
"fans" & the UD Administration would care to admit.

The FACT that the UDAD is now allowing STH's to keep their seats (on hold) & not buy them until
the 2021 season was shocking to me! :oops:

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:17 pm

hens4life wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 pm
If UD can't sell-out (ATTENDANCE: 14489) 8-time FCSChamps NDSU, the problem is much bigger than most

The FACT that the UDAD is now allowing STH's to keep their seats (on hold) & not buy them until
hen4life, Where is that info? Do you have a link?

hens4life
UD Class: 1981

Post by hens4life » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:32 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:17 pm
hens4life wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 pm

hen4life, Where is that info? Do you have a link?
This was in my ticket renewal email received the week of June 15th. STH had until June 19th to renew.
Attachments
8CBDABE3-254B-49F6-9ACD-E0E62BDC42D0.jpeg
8CBDABE3-254B-49F6-9ACD-E0E62BDC42D0.jpeg (208.96 KiB) Viewed 376 times