When will College Football resume? Links and references.

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Re: When will College Football resume? Links and references.

Post by 77HEN » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:47 pm

jd of de wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 pm
77HEN wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:17 pm
UD '01 grad wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:44 pm
MAC football vote coming Friday:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... all-season
The Hens should arrange some late Oct / Nov games including Towson and Nova.
To what end? So Henderson or Knight or Reeder can go down for 6 months or a year? ... Stupid idea.

Play when you have something to play for.
Ok, then. If so scared of injuries to top players, play some scrimmages in game format using only non (projected) starters. Gives some focus to this fall work and allows the coaches to assess younger talent and their offensive and defensive schemes. Do something. How long will practices go on without even a semblance of competition? Remember, there's no such thing as a stupid idea.

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:55 pm

Houston has fourth season debut postponed:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... oronavirus

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:05 am

PAC12 to put a season together. Link not needed, but here's one:https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-fo ... k5695feapi

Mountain West also going to start up some football.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 pm

A major issue being overlooked here is that many of these colleges are playing because those in the program can get same day testing with reuslts in one day. Yet where most of these colleges are located, highly vulnerable populations inlcuding health care workers on the fornt line do not have access to anywhere near same day testing and next day results. What does this say about the screwed-up priorities of our society where big time college FB will always be at the head of the line for testing and test results, even over health care workers on the front line? :roll:

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:12 pm

UDPat wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:14 pm
77HEN wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:06 pm
UDPat wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:53 pm

Will you also be passing the hat around like a Delaware Semi Pro Baseball Game? Ooops there's no one to donate.

Is it really that hard to figure out why other than the P5's why there is no push to play??

Actually 2

1) Meaningless Football or should I say a glorified scrimmage
2) Drum roll please............MONEY

They are already losing millions and you expect UD to fund a meaningless game with zero revenue opportunity.

Might be time for you to take up knitting??? :lol: :lol:

Not trying to be a downer, just real.
Might be time for me to take up knitting? Is that supposed to be some sort of insult or something? You insult me as you exhibit your own ignorance!

Last I looked, there are quite a few non P5 schools playing football. Austin Peay, Stephen F. Austin, Ga Southern, GA State, Marshall, App St., UAB, UTSA, Ark State, U of Charlotte and it was mentioned in a thread that UMass will play games. Maybe you need to spend some time above ground and get some sunlight.

Guess you missed the LOL LOL Oh well, that's your issue. Plenty of sunshine at my house with many things getting accomplished and enjoying the beautiful weather.

I wouldn't pay 1 nickel to see any of that garbage you call football that is listed above. Including UMass, 10 whole teams, gets me excited. :roll: :roll:

Enjoy!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <----------See the LOL's :wink:

UDPat, "Meaningless FB" and "garbage"? UD has produced many NFL players over the years including 4 starting QBs, 2 of which started in Super Bowls (one lost but was an NFL MVP one yearand one won as MVP. Just this past Sunday, UD had 4 players start in NFL games. How many UD Men's Basketball players have made an NBA roster, much less started an NBA game? I would bet zero to both but it may have happened more than 50 years ago. As far as money goes, UD FB over the years has made a helluva lot more money than UD Men's Basketball. So quit knocking UD FB.

The January Man
UD Class: 1996

Post by The January Man » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:14 pm

BHB,

I could be wrong but I think Pat was referring to those 10 P5 schools that were mentioned in that post and not UD Football.

Color me kinda surprised that all of these schools are now reversing their original decisions to go ahead and play. I hope it works out for them.

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:29 pm

The January Man wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:14 pm
BHB,

I could be wrong but I think Pat was referring to those 10 P5 schools that were mentioned in that post and not UD Football.

Color me kinda surprised that all of these schools are now reversing their original decisions to go ahead and play. I hope it works out for them.
Big slate of games on TV tomorrow.

The January Man

Post by The January Man » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:17 pm

^^^^^

And I will be watching, 77. Well, as much as I can. The slate should get better as the season progresses, too.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:59 am

The January Man wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:14 pm
Money, money, money. The P5’s are totally dependent on CFP and March Madness money.

The January Man

Post by The January Man » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:58 pm

^^^^^^^

Yep, very true, jd. And I don't know what to think -- is being that dependent on the $ a good or a bad thing.

My problem is that there are too many games on!! LOL. I am trying to watch like 5 of them at the same time.

Pitpen
UD Class: 2008

Post by Pitpen » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:09 pm

I think it resumed already.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:43 am

"You are not very bright, reread my post please. January Man is 100% correct. Thanks for the unnecessary UD football history. Well aware, But regardless of who has played for UD in the past, UD football has not been very good for a decade. Dispute that? "

The Blue Hens have a losing conference record over the last 15 years.

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:04 am

Henzone wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:43 am
"You are not very bright, reread my post please. January Man is 100% correct. Thanks for the unnecessary UD football history. Well aware, But regardless of who has played for UD in the past, UD football has not been very good for a decade. Dispute that? "

Henzone with his mandatory dig at KC. Hey, since you're a history buff, how many times did we play for the national title in those past 15 years and who was heading the program when we did? Take all the time you want to answer. 8)
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:27 am

Gannonfan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:04 am
Henzone wrote:

Henzone with his mandatory dig at KC. Hey, since you're a history buff, how many times did we play for the national title in those past 15 years and who was heading the program when we did? Take all the time you want to answer. 8)
KC's ability to field two exceptional teams can never be minimized. I enjoyed those seasons as did every Blue Hen fan. Ironically the last time he saw a NC game was 10 years ago while at UD. If I can credit him for his pluses then I certainly am entitled to comment on his misgivings leading to his dismissal as he was part of the 15 years of overall poor CAA play. We've been over this dozens of times. We need a coach who can deliver a NC and the consistency that comes with a top of the line program on and off the field. I'm still waiting.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:24 am

Henzone wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:27 am
Gannonfan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:04 am
Henzone wrote:

KC's ability to field two exceptional teams can never be minimized. I enjoyed those seasons as did every Blue Hen fan. Ironically the last time he saw a NC game was 10 years ago while at UD. If I can credit him for his pluses then I certainly am entitled to comment on his misgivings leading to his dismissal as he was part of the 15 years of overall poor CAA play. We've been over this dozens of times. We need a coach who can deliver a NC and the consistency that comes with a top of the line program on and off the field. I'm still waiting.
How many times did the Hens play for a national championship in the last 37 years other than when KC was the coach? I will type it out slowly in all caps ..... THIRTY SEVEN YEARS. Hard to believe. And hard to believe someone would only say only two exceptional teams. What? Did that third team somehow luck it’s way into a championship? This alternate reality and denial reminds me of other threads recently.