When will College Football resume? Links and references.

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

UDPat

Re: When will College Football resume? Links and references.

Post by UDPat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:21 am

jd of de wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:14 pm
UD '01 grad wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:12 pm
Division II and Division III fall championships canceled, including football

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... s-canceled
There was a conference call this afternoon to work on what the FCS playoffs will look like but the directive has been made; one-half or more FCS programs (64 of 127 by my count) must play this fall to have a playoff.
You have a better chance of Colonel Jessup admitting He ordered the Code Red. :lol: :lol:

It's time to give this season a proper burial.

May happen at the P5 level in some capacity. Not at the 1AA, unless Bingo Long is involved.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

UDJoe

Post by UDJoe » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:42 am

I recommend Tresolini's column today in the News-Journal for a capsule summary of where intercollegiate athletics stands today.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sp ... 579969002/

00bluehen
UD Class: 2000

Post by 00bluehen » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:58 pm

Last edited by 00bluehen on Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:18 pm

00bluehen wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:58 pm
UDPat wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:21 am
You have a better chance of Colonel Jessup admitting He ordered the Code Red. :lol:
Um. But...didn’t...Kaffee...ah hell, never mind.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:54 pm

FCS BREAKING (3:15 ET): Big Sky Conference is OUT, one source is telling me. More than two-third schools voted "no" today to playing this fall, source said.

Working to get a statement on this news as we speak.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 pm

The Missouri Valley Football Conference's virtual media day, set for Monday, has been postponed indefinitely. No preseason poll or team will be announced.

@DaveReynolds2 tweeted:

Just got word that the Missouri Valley Conference presidents postponed their meeting today until next week to discuss the fall sports schedule. There was a meeting today among league members and MVFC officials about football, but no action was taken.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:56 pm

The sound you hear is a fat lady singing.

Or maybe it’s Dandy Don ... turn out the lights the party’s over

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:17 pm

jd of de wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:56 pm

It is over, except for the official word for FCS. The P5 will hold out a little longer because of the tv contracts but it won’t be for long. As more and more college players test positive as do children and school administrators (let alone Governors) now that school is starting in many places, even the most hard headed will have to realize college football just can’t happen during a worldwide pandemic with the results we are having here. If we weren’t still having 50,000 plus cases and over 1,000 deaths a day now on August 6, there would have been a chance. But that ship sailed weeks, if not months ago. I am just hoping I get to use my tickets that I just transferred to 2021. What a cluster for the ages. What a shame.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:49 am

Hens79 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:17 pm
jd of de wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:56 pm

It is over, except for the official word for FCS. The P5 will hold out a little longer because of the tv contracts but it won’t be for long. As more and more college players test positive as do children and school administrators (let alone Governors) now that school is starting in many places, even the most hard headed will have to realize college football just can’t happen during a worldwide pandemic with the results we are having here. If we weren’t still having 50,000 plus cases and over 1,000 deaths a day now on August 6, there would have been a chance. But that ship sailed weeks, if not months ago. I am just hoping I get to use my tickets that I just transferred to 2021. What a cluster for the ages. What a shame.
I want to add to my post from last night. It is based based on new information. The latest IHEM model from the University of Washington just predicted almost 300,000 deaths by December 1. 300,000 is a staggering number as we sit at 160,000 something today. This is the model that is one of the ones that has been heavily relied on and it has been on the lower side in predicting deaths. Cancelling of FCS is a virtual certainty. With that 300,000 death prediction by December, P5 football won’t be able to hold out much longer.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:25 am

@CraigHaley

As the #FCS world turns:

Big Sky and Pioneer Football League announcements to cancel fall season expected today.

Big South meetings today. Feeling a vote will occur given schools are practicing.

OVC, MVFC, SoCon and Southland are others in mix.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:31 pm

MVFC, Big Sky & Pioneer all to make announcements today canceling fall sports.

Only the SoCon, OVC & Southland remain.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:02 pm

jd of de wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:31 pm
MVFC, Big Sky & Pioneer all to make announcements today canceling fall sports.

Only the SoCon, OVC & Southland remain.
JMU defaults to the spring ... No playoffs .

https://herosports.com/college-football ... main-ajaj/

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:37 am

Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy
Huge news: Mid-American cancels fall football season because of COVID player health & safety concerns, sources told
@Stadium. MAC took a huge financial hit when Power 5’s cut nonconference games & intends to try & play in spring, sources said #RIPMACtion