QB related questions

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Re: QB related questions

Post by 77HEN » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Henzone wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:30 pm
77HEN wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:16 am
Lots of pointing at the O Line. Where are the Game Notes with the starting lineup? Do we have to go to UNH's site to find UD's Game Notes? Will we see any change in the starting line up there?

Edit: WTH is going on with UD anyway? High quality orgs do big things AND small things well. Why are they so inept at getting their game notes out? Go to UNH's site and you'll find all in order there, even with a spot for UD's game notes (it's empty).
I'm told the game notes are officially for the Media and getting them online early is not a top priority. Try our opponents sitr weekly , they often have our notes available before we do.
That's a change from past practice and one that apparently other universities do not follow - or, at least they get them out and share with their fans. Underwhelmed with UD on this. Could make such a list but not going to go there because, why bother? They're not responsive.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Section J wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:44 am
Hens79 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:01 am
After seeing both Henderson and Kehoe play you still contend that Henderson is only playing because the OL is terrible? Most all have seen now that Danny made a terrible mistake not starting Henderson to start the season. This is similar to denying quid pro quo and now saying nothing to see here, “we do it all time.” Just look at the facts that you can see with your own eyes! God help us all!
My point is that with an adequate offensive line and some more experienced receivers, Pat's drop back passing would have worked just fine. Henderson would have never seen the field. Is Henderson more athletic, no question, kid is a playmaker. The "terrible mistake" is not having more talent on that offensive line.

J -You are partially correct. If we had a successful OL we hopefully would indeed have a running game along with 2 distinct type passing offenses featuring 2 different QB's . Yes, like it or not Hens 79, the plan was to have Kehoe & Henderson sharing the position and according to the opposition's defense coupled with the success rate alternate players with Pat initially getting most of the playing time to start the season ( 80-20 would be my guess) Not my call but Rocco & Ambrose indicated this was the plan. Now I understand that this might be difficult to accept by someone who also thinks he has all the right answers for the Eagles, Phillies, 76'ers and about every other UD team except tiddlywinks but that's the skinny!

Seems we both dislike the Emperor though so we finally agree on something :lol:

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Henzone wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:44 pm
Section J wrote:
Hens79 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:01 am
After seeing both Henderson and Kehoe play you still contend that Henderson is only playing because the OL is terrible? Most all have seen now that Danny made a terrible mistake not starting Henderson to start the season. This is similar to denying quid pro quo and now saying nothing to see here, “we do it all time.” Just look at the facts that you can see with your own eyes! God help us all!
My point is that with an adequate offensive line and some more experienced receivers, Pat's drop back passing would have worked just fine. Henderson would have never seen the field. Is Henderson more athletic, no question, kid is a playmaker. The "terrible mistake" is not having more talent on that offensive line.

J -You are partially correct. If we had a successful OL we hopefully would indeed have a running game along with 2 distinct type passing offenses featuring 2 different QB's . Yes, like it or not Hens 79, the plan was to have Kehoe & Henderson sharing the position and according to the opposition's defense coupled with the success rate alternate players with Pat initially getting most of the playing time to start the season ( 80-20 would be my guess) Not my call but Rocco & Ambrose indicated this was the plan. Now I understand that this might be difficult to accept by someone who also thinks he has all the right answers for the Eagles, Phillies, 76'ers and about every other UD team except tiddlywinks but that's the skinny!

For sure we don’t like the Emperor. It is a small step even though nobody should like what is going on in year three. :) for the agreement and :x for what is happening in year 3. But this has nothing to do with accepting anything. The poor planning phase is over and we are well into execution. We have seen both play. Henderson is better than Kehoe. He just is. I don’t care if we have a great Oline or not. He gives us the best chance to win, especially against a quality opponent. Hope he gets back soon. With that said, I kinda think the Hens are going to beat our former model UNH tomorrow and Kehoe will do enough to enable the Hens to win. Finally, when your argument starts with multiple ifs, you have probably made a bad argument even in hind sight when trying to justify it. Anyway, great fall football weather day tomorrow. Having another big tailgate with the princess in attendance. She might even make it into the game!

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Everyone enjoy the game.

Thank you Honorable one for the offer but I can't spend anniversary #28 at the stadium. Have to take care of Mrs UDPat cause I'm going to let you guys in on a secret...... We were the inspiration for the movie......She's outta his league!!! :wink: :wink:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:41 pm

:D Good one Pat. You and the Mrs. enjoy the day (and NO sneaking updates on the radio and/or cellphone; or you will definitely be “in the hen house!”).
Looking for Hens to keep the season “relevant” with a narrow win by a feather or two! Wayne HANBY G0 Hens!

joe c

Post by joe c » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Heart and gut check on Saturday...Lets see how we respond to the azz whipping...Do we get up and fight back or do we run home to mommy....I see a hard hitting tough game....

Sometimes guys getting embarrassed is a blessing in disguise!!!!!!

UD27

Post by UD27 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:16 pm

If UD can eliminate turnovers this week, they should have a shot to win. UNH is far from a offensive juggernaut, they average only 20 points per game. Their win over Elon was fueled by two INTs that were returned for TDs. They do have a pretty tough defense, only allowing 16 points per, so ball protection and field position will be critical. Hopefully this one isn’t decided by the kicking game, as UNH does have a good FG kicker, an area the Hens have struggled with this season.
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill

joe c

Post by joe c » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm

27, lets face it it will come down to the LOS and we are below average and to slow up front on both sides..Fortnately they have an average at best QB and that is being kind...They are not good offensively..Against Elon they scored on 2 pick 6's....They are very good defensively.... Hence the 39 point total...2 bad offenses....We have two run the ball...It ain't rocket science...If we can't run, Poor Pat will get killed out there..We already have one QB on Queer St, don't need another...Field position game...

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:14 pm

Joe, might want to explain what Queer Street means!!

joe c

Post by joe c » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:56 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:14 pm

LOL...Its right next to Smelling Salts Lane....It's an old terminology used in boxing when knocked into tomorrow...and its no place to be...

The January Man
UD Class: 1996

Post by The January Man » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Section J wrote:
Yes, agree with this assessment.

This team made the playoffs last year (I know, I know, it's quite a watered down tournament with a ridiculous amount of teams in it), with Pat as QB.

Might have won a game too if he could move around a bit, that injury hurt some. And JMU was quite a beatable team last year in the playoffs.

Bottom line, I think both QBs can work and be successful with a viable and decent group of O-Lmen.

Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Henzone wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:44 pm
J -You are partially correct.

So glad you are grading posts. :roll: :lol:

Not sure who the Emporer is but whenever you believe that we agree it means I need to seriously reconsider my position.
Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
–George Burns

Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:37 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:14 pm
Especially in light of the FISTing referance from earlier. :lol:
Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
–George Burns

77HEN

Post by 77HEN » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:42 am

joe c wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:55 pm
Heart and gut check on Saturday...Lets see how we respond to the azz whipping...Do we get up and fight back or do we run home to mommy....I see a hard hitting tough game....

Sometimes guys getting embarrassed is a blessing in disguise!!!!!!

Well, let's see. I was disappointed after Henderson got taken out. Thought the team would get pissed, take it personal and respond the way the 2010 team did when Devlin was taken out by a cheap shot by JMU in Harrisonburg. Don't care what level of motivation you had coming out of the LR, that demanded a real fightin' response . No, no such fight in this case. And we actually had a former #1 QB come in afterwards. Sorry to say it, but I think that says something about this team (Hint: No Heart).

BlueClaw
UD Class: 1965

Post by BlueClaw » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:24 am

If we lose it will be the poor play of the o line and the inability of the qb to roll out.