QB related questions

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

QB related questions

Post by UDFootballFan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:35 pm

1) Was Kehoe a recruit under Rocco or previous regime?
2) We know PK isn’t a great qb this year...why didn’t we go Paoletti once the offense struggled to move the ball?
3) Does anyone know how long Henderson is out for?

wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Re: QB related questions

Post by wacko4flacco » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:55 pm

I thought both qb’s were recruited by Brock, but I could be wrong.

As for question #2, I have no idea. It’s possible DR doesn’t want the public to know his assessment of his quarterbacks at the start of the season being 1-2-3 should have been 2-3-1.

I’m kidding.......kinda
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

UDFootballFan
UD Class: 1900

Post by UDFootballFan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Me personally, I would’ve given Paoletti the 2nd half start. Send a message that fumbles at 2 yard line aren’t acceptable.

It’s going be a longer season if Henderson can’t come back. I see 1, maybe 2 more wins.

rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:29 pm

I don't think Henderson will be cleared to play in a week. So, given our OL and Kehoe's immobility, why not give Paoletti a shot? He was recruited by DR and must have been viewed as worthy of a scholarship.

HenFanatic

Post by HenFanatic » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Bottom line neither QBs ( Henderson/ Kehoe ) are good enough.Hopefully either Paleto or the true Fr. will be

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Henderson will be out this week and hopefully back for Richmond. Kehoe will start against UNH with Paoletti #2 spot. Paleto has quit the team.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Rick, who is Paleto?

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm

paleto - Wiktionary
https://en.wiktionary.org › wiki › paleto
(colloquial, derogatory) hick, yokel, hillbilly (illiterate person, clumsy with no style or manners, an unskilled peasant)

Knowing Nolan is ok is great news. That hit was scary....
👀 forward everybody ....... :)

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm

HENJOHN wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm
Rick, who is Paleto?
Ask HenFanatic . He was hoping he would start. :lol:

HenFanatic

Post by HenFanatic » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 pm

So I got his name wrong... shoot me !!

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Kehoe is a Brock recruit

Henderson is a Brock commitment as well, but Dottin-Carter kept the relationship and commitment alive after Brock was fired and until Rocco was hired. Henderson officially signed his NLI under Rocco.

The speed you guys throw these kids under the bus is amazing; Rich Gannon never would have seen the field after Lehigh with that same thinking.

It’s time for the other 10 offensive players on the field to unite behind whoever is the QB Saturday and fans to quit putting winning and losing solely on the QB.

hens05alum
UD Class: 2005

Post by hens05alum » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:48 pm

I'm confident the coaching staff intends to put whomever they feel can run our offense best and gives us a chance to win NOW as our starter this week. I'm no doctor, but I think it would be really unwise for Nolan to hurry back. That was a vicious shot to the head he took and these head injuries should be treated with extreme caution.

Technically we still have a shot at the playoffs for a couple more weeks, but I'd be lying if I didnt tell you that part of me would much rather see Paoletti and doing everything we can now to be a winner next year. A team capable of putting out a heartless and SLOPPY performance like what we saw at Elon isn't going to make it to the playoffs. You could sell me on a philosophy of pulling some redshirts and benching underperforming veterans across the lineup.

Can Paoletti push Henderson for the job next year? Henderson's a tough kid, but if his durability is a problem, we need to have someone ready to step in. Can Paoletti play a clean game without bad mistakes and build some confidence? We've seen the ceiling for these veterans, and it's subpar.
V for Villanova, V for veritable certainty of victory over Delaware.

TimD
UD Class: 1989

Post by TimD » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:53 am

I saw Paoletti play multiple times in HS. He's a big, strong kid who can heave the ball 30-40 yards downfield, no problem. Also reasonably mobile for his size, certainly better than Kehoe. Doesn't guarantee anything, but I say give him a shot.
Finally have a reason to care about Hens MBB again!

BlueHenBobby
UD Class: 1975

Post by BlueHenBobby » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:50 am

Again a lot of this goes back to Rocco. How much game film of the Hens from 2015 and 2016 would you have to had view to see that there was a huge issue at QB? Not getting a game ready QB for 2017 was a huge mistake on his part. Henderson is very talented but clearly concerns exist about his ability to survive the season. Paoletti might fit the bill to be next in line, but we'll never know that if Rocco is so fixated that he won't play him. The issues with the QB who came in on Saturday have been on display since the middle of last season. The other huge mistake was not assessing the talent on the O-line very well at all. Did he think he could "coach em up"? I don't know but at this point it is obvious that failed. Whoever is QB for Delaware generally runs for his life on pass plays. I believe we do have 3 good running backs but it's extremely hard to run when the blocking in front of you is woefully inadequate. The talent isn't there nor is the coaching. Rocco's original selections for the OC and DC were inadequate as well. I'll sound like a broken record but here goes. Rocco is not a "rookie" head coach. He is in his third year and it appears quite likely he will suffer perhaps one of the most disasterous seasons in recent Delaware history. How much rope do you give him? The stadium is being upgraded and the WAC is being built. (I won't attribute that to the University per se more to the Whitney's and the other people who gave generously). That would seem to be a commitment to the future of Delaware football. Hopefully our AD sat down and thought carefully about where the program is after getting stomped by a mid-land CAA program. The status of the team and program was on full display on Saturday. At the very least she should have concluded there are big problems there 3 years into an experienced head coach's tenure. Hopefully she communicated that to him on Sunday. Let's see how the season plays out but if the season plays out to be a full blown disaster, she has the guts to say that it is time to move on. Nova and JMU seem to re-load successfully on a regular basis. Why not us?

Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:57 am

The problem is that the offensive line stinks. No QB could be good or very good when they can't protect. Putting a kid with no game experience in would be like feeding the Christians to the lions. Good way to ruin a kid's confidence or have him get a concussion.
Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
–George Burns