Elon Comments

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Elon Comments

Post by 77HEN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:48 am

Well, I had a commitment yesterday and had to watch the FloSports archive film and chose to watch that and hold off on watching the Penn State game. What a different universe the two are in!

** Bad lead in comment but how many times have we worn yellow (not gold!) pants this season?
** How does Lee come off an injury and start instead of Knight? I know coaches will say players shouldn't lose spot over an injury but come on man.
** How do you get a delay of game call at 3rd & 7 in Elon side of field on the first series of the game? Don't coaches watch the play clock? That told me a lot right there- that this team, including the coaches, was sleep walking. It just doesn't/shouldn't happen these days when a coach can can cover so easily for a QB and call the TO.
** That was a vicious hit Henderson took. I hope he'll be ok. It was very disheartening too, obviously, because he's about the only excitement we can look forward to on offense. And, I absolutely, feel that was a targeting call and agree with the officials.
** The officials and Elon coach were criminal, IMO,for not walking #18 off the field to the LR immediately. It sickened me to see him hanging on the SL after the ejection was announced and slapping high fives with his mates. This kind of sight should not exist in any football game.
** So sad to see our Sr. QB lose his cool and play in a panic after the D and punter had swung field positiion so much for our offense. That fumble just let a lot of air out of the team.
** Sorry, Kehoe's is not a successful QB. When have you seen him make a quick release throw? ( we've seen Henderson make plenty in the few games he 's played). So again, coach tells us his recruiting and player development sucks so bad that he can't play Paoletti? What bull.
** Remember when folks complained about Elon joining the CAA saying it would dilute the conference? Well, it does look like a HS production with the field and fan base there, but we are the ones playing bottom feeder of the CAA.
** I stopped watching after the Kenoe INT/pick 6 and could not go on to watch Q4 although I was curious to see if Paoletti would get a try. He didn't. Apparently he sucks and I think coach sucks too.
** Finally, I have to ask - WHY BOTHER? The PSU game was fantastic football and entertainment. UD is like watching HS football. Tubby had a fantastic program but those days are long gone. KC had some exciting times but he's long gone. UD is worse than mediocre since and I see little in its future now. So, WHY BOTHER?
** P.S. - Unfortunately I have committed to HomeComing and it looks now that UR will be coming up to Newak to kick butt. Watching BH football is like asking for torture.

joe c

Re: Elon Comments

Post by joe c » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:08 pm

Onto New Hampshire....Of course the good news is we made the extra point....

Jaxhen
UD Class: 0

Post by Jaxhen » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:21 pm

There’s plenty of blame to go around on this one, both coaches and players (both offense and defense). It’s the responsibility of both coaches and players to make sure they come into a game prepared, focused, motivated, purposeful, and emotionally energized to perform. That was not done in all phases. It’s also the responsibility of the team captains to make sure the other players are ready to play prior to the start of the game but also during the game, especially when the team is playing flat and without emotional energy. Maybe it’s happening and I just can’t see it on TV but I rarely see that much emotion on the sideline. When the team is flat, somebody has to step up to fire this team up. This has been a problem I’ve noticed for awhile with Delaware teams the last few years. Players should also still be hustling even if you are losing 60 to nothing. It’s hard not to get deflated when you’re losing big but I’d rather play less talented kids if they give 100 percent on every play.

aust42

Post by aust42 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Very disappointed with the level of play by our Bluehens. Last time I went home home to South Jersey a couple football guru folks asked me "What the hell has happened to the Delaware football program?" It's just embarrassing considering the powerhouse Delaware was for decades.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:05 am

aust42 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:05 pm
Very disappointed with the level of play by our Bluehens. Last time I went home home to South Jersey a couple football guru folks asked me "What the hell has happened to the Delaware football program?" It's just embarrassing considering the powerhouse Delaware was for decades.
On a positive note, Woodstown-Salem is in the final 3 to be broad cast live on Turkey Day by WIP.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

aust42

Post by aust42 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:14 am

UDPat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:05 am
aust42 wrote:
On a positive note, Woodstown-Salem is in the final 3 to be broad cast live on Turkey Day by WIP.
I'll be attending that game live after a couple bloody mary's at the Corner Bar!

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:31 am

aust42 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:14 am
UDPat wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:05 am
aust42 wrote:
I'll be attending that game live after a couple bloody mary's at the Corner Bar!
My late brother in law always DJ'd the Corner on Thanksgiving weekends and my wife claims to be the only one who was able to run a tab there. Of course, before I met her. LOL
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!