Elon

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Re: Elon

Post by HENJOHN » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Weather for Elon NC Saturday is forecasted at:

Partly Sunny, 85F, 10% chance of Rain and Winds of around 8-10mph

joe c

Post by joe c » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:06 pm

When I posted Plack has a chance to be an All Timer before he's done, I meant it....Lets just hope his back is strong enough to carry a Defensive line... I see us playing cover one and even cover zero against this team...Let the safety's loose.....

UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:49 pm

I'm happy to be back with another game-preview article on HEROSports.com: https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... nella-scsc
Entering First Trip To Elon Since 2015, Delaware Banking On Rocco's, Farinella's Experience
Hear from Coach Rocco on the importance of getting pressure on Elon quarterback Davis Cheek, from Mario Farinella on the offensive line's progress over the bye week, and much more...

Additionally, I'm very grateful to be able to travel to Elon this Saturday for my first on-location road game coverage of 2019. I hope to see some of you there! I suppose I'll learn who all is heading down in the "roll call" thread!
Image Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Campus Correspondent: Delaware Follow on Twitter @dsteenkamer6 & Instagram @delaware.hero_fcs

Section J
UD Class: 1983

Post by Section J » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:25 am

72 Hen wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:12 am
Coach Rocco says, in today's NJ, that this weeks practice will focus on the running game and on pass blocking. The defense will focus on pressuring the QB. I think it is about time to address those things with a little extra emphasis.
Maybe we should start referring to coach as Captain Obvious?
Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
–George Burns

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Lee and Buchanan back. Knight starting as he should be. Huge game. #GoHens
The Dude Abides!

HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:14 pm

joe c wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:06 pm
When I posted Plack has a chance to be an All Timer before he's done, I meant it....Lets just hope his back is strong enough to carry a Defensive line... I see us playing cover one and even cover zero against this team...Let the safety's loose.....
100% agree. This dude is a steal. Safety U’s next Star.
The Dude Abides!

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:29 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:12 pm
Great to see Knight starting, but Robinson is out...as are Ashworth and Covatto on the D-line. Hoping we can figure out a way to bring some pressure. Gonna have to get creative with LB and DB blitzes.

Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:32 pm

finpxz1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:29 pm
HenZoneNation wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:12 pm
Great to see Knight starting, but Robinson is out...as are Ashworth and Covatto on the D-line. Hoping we can figure out a way to bring some pressure. Gonna have to get creative with LB and DB blitzes.

I guess starting means you don't play in the first series
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am

I tried to warn everyone in August about the LOS.. Calling a spade a spade we are slow and bad...To much to say and none of it good...And this includes the staff being my biggest disappointment was Effort and coaching staff including Ambrose yesterday....Awful. so I will go w this approach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6T5C-jzSH0

Jaxhen
UD Class: 0

Post by Jaxhen » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:42 am

Losing like this to a mediocre team like Elon is inexcusable. Giving up 42 points to this team, 35 points coming in the second half is hard to believe. Offensively, even after including yesterday’s positive statistics, Elon in the CAA stats ranks:

10th in scoring offense (scored 42 points)
11th in rushing offense (rushed for 168 yards)
10th in passing offense (passed for 267 yards)
12th in total offense (total offense of 435 yards)
10th in sacks against (we had zero sacks again)

On Defense, Elon ranks:

8th in scoring defense (we only scored 7 points)
8th in total defense (we could only muster 319 total yards)

Our performance yesterday was embarrassing.
Last edited by Jaxhen on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:03 am

Mediocre is being kind....

joe c

Post by joe c » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:10 am

Look guys hate me all you like but I hammered Elon yesterday///My biggest FCS bet of year...I know what I been seeing....Gotta pay the bills and I thought this was easy money....We are short on talent and I sure didn't see a well coached team and that includes Ambrose yesterday...I realized our coordinators are held hostage by bad O and D lines....but it doesn't explain it all////. Recruiting must now come into question.....

HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:39 am

joe c wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am
I tried to warn everyone in August about the LOS.. Calling a spade a spade we are slow and bad...To much to say and none of it good...And this includes the staff being my biggest disappointment was Effort and coaching staff including Ambrose yesterday....Awful. so I will go w this approach

I will caution you though Joe. Ambrose’s career stats as an OC are worse than Delaware’s offensive out our during that same stretch (the single worst offensive stretch in Modern UD history by they way) save for when he had West one year and Flacco last year. We have to pray that Henderson is okay coz if they have to use Kehoe then history tells us that Ambrose will not be our saving grace. He’s very good with great talent and below average without.

What a shame.
The Dude Abides!

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:10 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:39 am
joe c wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:13 am

I will caution you though Joe. Ambrose’s career stats as an OC are worse than Delaware’s offensive out our during that same stretch (the single worst offensive stretch in Modern UD history by they way) save for when he had West one year and Flacco last year. We have to pray that Henderson is okay coz if they have to use Kehoe then history tells us that Ambrose will not be our saving grace. He’s very good with great talent and below average without.

What a shame.
yes HZN

Coaches recruit talent hard for a reason because it is the players that will make them or break them

knowing that, not playing the best player and starting Knight is a head shaker....

I dont know what was going on early in yesterdays game on offense but we looked totally out of synch, to me it was probably the Coaches had to much time with bye week and tried to change timing or some new wrinkles..... it messed everything up, the team looked confused... to much thinking... And to much rotation going on on the D...