Will Knight to Delaware

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
finpxz1

Re: Will Knight to Delaware

Post by finpxz1 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:48 am

Admittedly, I’m not intimately familiar with the details of this particular case, but I think we all would acknowledge that there are unique circumstances that at least warrant additional consideration. I’m a 51-year old man with a professional career and family/personal responsibilities and obligations. I’d like to think I would be mature and controlled enough not to take matters into my own hands if I witnessed my mother being hit by a car, but I suppose none of us would know for sure unless we were presented with that exact situation. Regardless, I’m assuming the kid has expressed remorse for his actions, and has done whatever he has been asked to do by the authorities, the University, and the football program to retain his eligibility. Again, I’m not making judgments, nor am I condoning his actions. I suppose I’m just saying we’ve all had regrets and made mistakes in our lives. It’s what you do after the mistake that is most important.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 am

To all, this is a Will Knight discussion thread; respectfully start a dedicated thread if you wish to discuss another subject or player.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Thu May 16, 2019 3:41 pm

I guess that Knight's arrival makes it more probable that Quincy Watson will redshirt this season though he could still see action in a maximum of 4 games.

hens05alum
UD Class: 2005

Post by hens05alum » Thu May 16, 2019 11:30 pm

Henzone wrote:
hens05alum wrote:I'm cautiously optimistic that this returning Delaware high school offensive star performs better and is a better fit on the team than the last one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your post is about as cute as the Nova helmet. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wishing Will the best. We need his best.

Darius still has some eligibility I think. He could be a good fit for MY Cats. Season tickets somehow still available for a fun home slate on the Main Line. Tailgating available in the parking lot at the new Quizno's subs, just keep the volume to a minimum. Quiznos toasts their subs, so if the Hens show up without any fire in their bellies for the 20th Battle of the Blue in a row, they may want to warm up in front of the sub toaster.
V for Villanova, V for veritable certainty of victory over Delaware.

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri May 17, 2019 5:12 am

BlueHenBill wrote:I guess that Knight's arrival makes it more probable that Quincy Watson will redshirt this season though he could still see action in a maximum of 4 games.
Likely unless he’s needed or outperforms the others. But yes, with Robinson, Lee, Knight and probably later in the season Spruill ahead of him Watson has to shine to move up the depth chart.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Fri May 17, 2019 10:32 pm

certainly a pleasant situation to deal with at rb. The concerns are being lifted mow about thinness!
good news is hopefully just beginning to filter in.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens